2015 Membership (13,102 members @ 25/04/2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Still works if the ONE becomes ONE final series, the bigger issue is the 20 as you have pointed out, we haven't even gone close to this number in the past
15k is a realistic target at this point. Will there be a waiting list in the future if the membership number outgrows the stadium's capacity?

15k is a realistic target at this point. Will there be a waiting list in the future if the membership number outgrows the stadium's capacity?

Quite possibly, this would have to be very carefully managed as its not like the Eagles where the state is football mad and people will wait, I think in SEQ it might turn people off if they are asked to wait. I could be wrong but I know the lions were greedy when they were at their peak (and a little after that) and people turned away in droves, thankfully we are sometime away from having 25,000 members all wanting a seat.

As I am writing this I think a cheap 1-2 game membership that costs $40 bucks and gets you a cap / car sicker would be a powerful tool as even those that aren't keen to be at games could feel part of the club and its success as a local "member" plus 30,000 part members at $40 ($1.2M in revenue) would be a very nice earner, what do you think GCFC Official

Quite possibly, this would have to be very carefully managed as its not like the Eagles where the state is football mad and people will wait, I think in SEQ it might turn people off if they are asked to wait. I could be wrong but I know the lions were greedy when they were at their peak (and a little after that) and people turned away in droves, thankfully we are sometime away from having 25,000 members all wanting a seat.

As I am writing this I think a cheap 1-2 game membership that costs $40 bucks and gets you a cap / car sicker would be a powerful tool as even those that aren't keen to be at games could feel part of the club and its success as a local "member" plus 30,000 part members at $40 ($1.2M in revenue) would be a very nice earner, what do you think GCFC Official
Definitely needs to be carefully managed.

I like that idea for a membership. They could call it the beginners membership pack or something like that. Perhaps they could also provide a rule book in the package. Three games at $80 feels like too much of a commitment for someone new to the game IMO.

I like that idea for a membership. They could call it the beginners membership pack or something like that. Perhaps they could also provide a rule book in the package. Three games at $80 feels like too much of a commitment for someone new to the game IMO.
100% agree with both of you.

Do other clubs offer single or dual game memberships, though? I thought there was some rule that clubs could offer 3 game memberships at a minimum, but maybe I just made that up lol. Either way, a 2 game membership that included a bumper sticker would work wonders for marketing IMO - free advertising on the back of the locals' cars, wouldn't cost anything to make, and would make for a great present.

Up only 70 members since Christmas. When is it supposed to increase again? NAB Cup time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10,679 as at 19/02/15.

It's a bit of a weird year with the cricket world cup and delay to the start of the AFL season really taking the wind out of the normal build up to round 1.

Hopefully we can get 11k members before our first NAB Challenge game. Hopefully 12k before round 1 - what are the chances?

Huge 600 member jump over the weekend.
Clearly shows that the membership team release figures as it suits not as they sign up, no way 600 people have signed up with the stigma of drug charges hanging over the club head thanks to that lying campaigner

How about the Rookie Pack?

Changed my membership this year from one 15 ticket interchange pass to three x 3Game memberships. Boosts the club's membership total but actually means 6 less bums on seats at matches!

Haha I expect the bandwagon to grow come round 23 :p

But until then, we are down 4000 members from last year!
There must be indicators, but could the state of the economy have something to do with such a low members rate compared to last year? Or is it the state of Ablett?

There must be indicators, but could the state of the economy have something to do with such a low members rate compared to last year? Or is it the state of Ablett?
I'm confident that if Gaz signs early in the season, we'll get an influx of memberships. Hopefully he doesn't leave it too long.

Our membershop is something like 10-15% up compared to the same time last year, isn't it? That's what Gil said a few days ago.
Yep. During the open day I was told we were more than a thousand members up from this time last year. Pretty impressive! Apparently quite a few people didn't renew, but new people are signing on by the hundreds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back