BBL game 4: Thunder vs Heat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

why is the "derby" at ANZ? 30K at the SCG is much better then 22 at s**t hole stadium.

It is the Thunder's home game first....would you play a game at the oppositions home ground?

I've noticed they show it every once in a while.
Showed it a couple of times in his last over, and also his speed map. Must have been coincidence they didn't earlier. Mostly 145k+ which is what I suspected. Was looking good at the crease. I still get very nervous during these T20 games for him.

Given how early into his bowling he is, there is every chance he could still be a regular 150+ when he gets right back into it. That would be an ideal partnership with Patto and Haze down the track with three vastly different syles of bowler, and maybe even MJ depending how long he lasts.

Heat, was out injured (think I heard groin)

What on the blue moon did he get injured doing! Barely done anything all year. Jeez the Heat's lower to middle order is better with Cutting there!

Terrible start from the Heat. The Thunder were brilliant. They have a really good team this year. It might just be me but I think the Heat play very dumb and often make mind boggling team selections. Their Internationals are very lackluster and the Captaincy of Hopes on field is generally poor. Why would Daniel Christian ever get a bowl?

Thunder played brilliantly, with Kallis and Hussey dominating it and the overall bowling being fantastic. I thought the Heat played well, but fell short from performing optimally given the runs they needed from the get go. The Heat were trying to belt it out for a 6 on every ball which bit them in the arse at the end, with the two marquee players out for ducks. Should the batting have been as you'd expect from their line-up, the Heat could very well have caught up to the number they needed, but were being caught and bowled out very quickly and easily.

Thunder seem to be the ones to look out for this season - super keen for the derby. As for the Heat... meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back