Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone Girl - I really liked it. Its a real pretty movie, perfectly shot, perfectly scored by Trent Reznor, very interesting source material. I dont know whether it needed to be as long as it was but I didnt find myself looking at the clock. Didnt like the final act but that was the source material. Rosamund Pike was outstanding and you'd say its an Oscar worthy performance. Affleck just played Affleck. Hated, absolutely hated Neil Patrick Harris' performance. All up one of the better movies i've seen this year, but similar to Prisoners last year, just missing that little something extra to put it into the real top territory. 8/10

Gone Girl - I really liked it. Its a real pretty movie, perfectly shot, perfectly scored by Trent Reznor, very interesting source material. I dont know whether it needed to be as long as it was but I didnt find myself looking at the clock. Didnt like the final act but that was the source material. Rosamund Pike was outstanding and you'd say its an Oscar worthy performance. Affleck just played Affleck. Hated, absolutely hated Neil Patrick Harris' performance. All up one of the better movies i've seen this year, but similar to Prisoners last year, just missing that little something extra to put it into the real top territory. 8/10
Did you hate NPH's performance or his character? I thought he was brilliantly creepy.

Blade Runner (Final Cut)

Got the BluRay cheap so I thought why not.

Really is a fantastic movie, what I like most is that you can choose to analyse the hell out of it, or just sit back and enjoy the spectacle. I'm not sure I've seen a better movie when it comes to creating a world with stunning visuals and soundtrack. 4.5 stars.

Did you hate NPH's performance or his character? I thought he was brilliantly creepy.

Was definitely creepy and portrayed that well, but I thought you could clearly tell he was acting. Just seemed completely unnatural. Thought his line delivery was terrible.

I watched a review before seeing Gone Girl and the guy gave it a 9/10, docking a point for NPH.

I thought he was alright.

Was definitely creepy and portrayed that well, but I thought you could clearly tell he was acting. Just seemed completely unnatural. Thought his line delivery was terrible.
Are you a fan of HIMYM? Someone I know who is thought similar, whereas I who've never watched it thought he was great.

Went for a drive up to Belgrave to the Cameo cinemas. Right around the corner from puffing billy. Real old school cinemas had a brilliant atmosphere.
6 buck tix on a Tuesday!

Saw Fury there a month or so ago, not sure if they've stuck with that deal still but they'd just started trialling it the day I went.

6 buck tix on a Tuesday!

Saw Fury there a month or so ago, not sure if they've stuck with that deal still but they'd just started trialling it the day I went.

Nice. Saw they have an open air cinema too, might check it out soon if the weather permits.

Boyhood - For some reason reminded me a bit of (particularly the early parts) the film What Maisie knew. Really liked the first half or so but felt after that certain scenes dragged a tad. Thought Ethan Hawk was really good. He's puts together a diverse list of excellent performances in the interesting films he finds himself in. All in all felt unspectacular but ultimately very relatable which is its strength 7/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you a fan of HIMYM? Someone I know who is thought similar, whereas I who've never watched it thought he was great.

Didnt mind HIMYM. Just his performance didnt hit it with me and I normally like his acting. Just one of those things I guess.

Boyhood - For some reason reminded me a bit of (particularly the early parts) the film What Maisie knew. Really liked the first half or so but felt after that certain scenes dragged a tad. Thought Ethan Hawk was really good. He's puts together a diverse list of excellent performances in the interesting films he finds himself in. All in all felt unspectacular but ultimately very relatable which is its strength 7/10
loved this film and Gone Girl

saw Lemon Tree Lane last night - a bit predictable etc 16 year old loved it but I thought it was a bit - mehhh

I've been here 5 minutes and I already feel amongst my people.

My people? WTF does that mean?

1539232a911ac526cd9a20ea6f9892.jpg

They're looking at you..................

Just watched "dumb and dumber to" complete with Korean subs although I don't know why since I'm not Korean :p:D (I thought I'd get in the mood of the movie).

Well it's not as good as the first one and a few of the gags are recycled but overall there are some funny scenes, (give 6 writers 20 years and they're bound to get a few...am I right).

Also the general feel of the movie is the same (I suppose that could be a compliment aswell) and it probably goes for about 20 minutes too long but I'll give it a 6/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back