Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just the first two results isn't it? If we finish 12-4 and Seahawks 12-4 we'll take #2 cause we beat them ?

EDIT: Maybe not, it'll be a 3-way tie breaker with Lions or Packers...

Actually you are right to an extent. Forget all other upsets. If all games go according to form, Dallas will be #3 seed. Seahawks need to win out which is quite possible. However if Packers and Lions tie .... Cowboys are #1 seed. Our 3 way head to head record hurts us so we need to remove Packers and Lions from the equation.

How do they do the three way Conference tie breaker.

Not in the tie breaking procedures online

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

I'm guessing same as division three clubs or more, but probably skips straight to step 3 but there might not be any in there for all the tie breaks, in which case goes to step 4 and our conference record isn't as strong as the teams we are up against.

Anyway, playoff bound after five years so that is great news. One playoff win since 1996. Time to sort that s**t out :thumbsu:

Happy days! I asked Santa for some new Cowboys items for Christmas so hopefully I can be all decked out for playoffs!!

I was using the playoffs predictor to come up with my scenarios.

Head to head for teams that might end up tied.

1-1 Cowboys - Seahawks W, Cardinals L,

2-1-? Cardinals - Dallas W, Lions W, Seahawks L, Seahawks ?

1-1-? Lions - Packers W, Cardinals L, Packers ?

2-1-? Seahawks - Packers W, Cowboys L, Cardinals W, Cardinals ?

0-2-? Packers - Lions L, Seahawks L, Lions ?

So whoever loses out of Packers and Lions is out of the equation. We tie with whoever wins. Cards beat Seattle and win out, they are #1 seed and Seattle are out of the equation.

That makes it a two way tie between Dallas and the winner of Packers and Lions. We are gone on Conference wins both ways.

If Seattle beat Cards, it is likely there is a 4 way tie between Cowboys/Cards/Seahawks/winner Pack and Lions. Seahawks would be 3-1 against other tied teams, Packers would be 1-2, Lions 2-1, Cards 2-2, Cowboys 1-1. We are beaten by Seahawks, Lions and Cards head to head there. If they don't do head to head for more than 2 conference ties, then we are beaten on conference wins by everybody.

So whoever loses out of Packers and Lions is out of the equation. We tie with whoever wins. Cards beat Seattle and win out, they are #1 seed and Seattle are out of the equation.

That makes it a two way tie between Dallas and the winner of Packers and Lions. We are gone on Conference wins both ways.

If Seattle beat Cards, it is likely there is a 4 way tie between Cowboys/Cards/Seahawks/winner Pack and Lions. Seahawks would be 3-1 against other tied teams, Packers would be 1-2, Lions 2-1, Cards 2-2, Cowboys 1-1. We are beaten by Seahawks, Lions and Cards head to head there. If they don't do head to head for more than 2 conference ties, then we are beaten on conference wins by everybody.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...layoff-picture-how-cowboys-can-earn-a-bye.ece

Long, long shot. Resting players next week starting to look more sensible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know my Dallas Cowboys season highlights and Superbowl wins are on VHS .... :eek:

I have the 52-17 win over Buffalo on VHS as well!! lol

Massive win today and shattered i was at work but looking at updates from my phone via NFL.com was delicious! Big win in a game we usually struggle with at home.

Bring on the playoffs and being the road team etc does not worry me one bit.

Looks like losing on tie breaks no matter who we come up against on a 3 way.

The most likely way of getting #2 seed is two upsets in NFC West next weekend. On the plus side I'm sure 49ers and Rams would love to finish the season knowing they've thrown a spanner in the works of a divisional rival. Of course Washington would feel that way about us too.

So exciting to see the Cowboys again where they belong and that is in the Playoffs.What a great effort when everyone wrote us off and in the Draft everyone thought we would get Jonny M but instead we went and got Zac Martin who has been good for us.Its amazing to smash the Colts to Smash the 8-8 and to see how the players love the coach.
They have stuck fat and it shows.Just look at Murray with 1 hand went out and did his job.This is what 1 in all in means.Gee I'm excited and i had a tear in my eye when we got to done.Its as good as seeing my North Melb (AFL) Team make the finals.What a fantastic year the 2 teams i Love have made the finals after a few years absence.
Go Cowboys #CowboysNation

Cards and Seahawks are playing after us next week so we have a decision to make. Win and hope for two upsets or accept we will be seeded 3 and rest some players.

Don't flirt with form and go out and smash the Skins IMO. :thumbsu:

We in da Playoffs!!!!!! oh yeaH!!!!

If Seahawks win, do the Cards fall to sixth seed?

I think the Cards will be 5th seed if they beat the 49ers next week or not, as long as Seattle win. The winner of Lions v Packers will be #2 seed and the loser #6 seed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back