Teams you hope we beat the most in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like a lot of men would have felt like they had cheated on their wives/girlfriends after how satisfying that was.

Hahaha last Thursday Night at a club in Toorak I started talking to this girl at the bar, she was decent. Not much happened between us despite my efforts but she mentioned she goes for Richmond, and I told her I go for Port Adelaide and we had your average footy banter conversation. Anyway, something I maybe SHOULD have said to her was "How about I do to you what Port did to Richmond in that Elimination Final'

Ummmm yeah lucky I didn't say that haha :D

Hahaha last Thursday Night at a club in Toorak I started talking to this girl at the bar, she was decent. Not much happened between us despite my efforts but she mentioned she goes for Richmond, and I told her I go for Port Adelaide and we had your average footy banter conversation. Anyway, something I maybe SHOULD have said to her was "How about I do to you what Port did to Richmond in that Elimination Final'

d1f.png

The ones in yellow below. Was just looking up this spreadsheet re how bad our record was against Geelong after what Boak said in the article for tomorrow's paper.

View attachment 99215

The Doggies are a surprise on this list.. assuming most of those Losses were from the NT games..

Collingwood is always a MUST beat.. But to defeat either Hawks or Sydney away next season would be a huge lift!

sydney, campaigners
hawthorn. campaigners
adelaide, campaigners
melbourne, campaigners
essendon, campaigners
richmond, chaplin is a campaigner
geelong, their run is over, campaigners
north melbourne, campaigners
wce, west coast campaigners
freo, campaigners
gws & gold coast. expansion campaigners. gorringe campaigner.
brisbane, campaigners
bulldogs, campaigners
saints, campaigners
carlton, campaigners
collingwood, prison barless campaigners.

all of the above, all campaigners, especially essendon, adelaide, collingwood and sydney

Maintain the rage brother! All of the above but chuck in the SANFL and its loyal band of campaigners :)

North. Adelaide play at the same ground and they're always built up, so it sucks, but you can understand losses to them. North though. The number of times we've been better in a year, yet lost to them is infuriating. Especially last year, as we went well, the number of times their fans brought up beating us. And their outright refusal to admit Monfries going from sealing it, to costing us the game as he did his hammy had anything at all to do with their win was the worst part of it (ditto 2013 and the umpires having any effect on the result).

Last edited:
GWS and Gold Coast. Need to get our win tallies up against them because they could be hard to beat over the next 8 years or so.

And anyone other than the Crows. They hate knowing that they're just there to make up the numbers.

I wonder if this thread was on Adelaide's board how different it would be.
It took 57 posts here before the crows came in for special mention.
We are looking at the big picture of 17 other teams. I suspect their focus
might largely be us with a few other teams thrown in.
Might be wrong but somehow I doubt it.

Had a good laugh reading their board this morning as someone actually posted that the AFC wasn't worried about us, they were more worried about national exposure. Unlike Port and our obsession with beating them. :eek: Good thing I wasn't eating or I'd have sprayed my monitors with food.

Had a good laugh reading their board this morning as someone actually posted that the AFC wasn't worried about us, they were more worried about national exposure. Unlike Port and our obsession with beating them. :eek: Good thing I wasn't eating or I'd have sprayed my monitors with food.
They are the least of our worries. The opposite can't be said to be true.

I think it was the commentator Hudson(first name escapes me) that said
during a game at AO this year that he KNEW that at each monthly meeting
the 1st topic on their agenda is always "what are Port doing?"

I don't really have anyone I specifically hope we beat. I guess it all depends on the fixture for me.

I hope we beat the Kangas because they always get us but more importantly because we face them in a critical round 3 clash that we could very possibly go into 0-2.

I want to beat the dockers in rnd1 to prove it wasn't a fluke and get our season rolling given the extremely tough start.

I want to beat the crows in the 1st showdown because we need to get through that start unscathed and the crows will be sitting pretty so we need to bring them down to earth.

Other than that I just hope we win everything.

Last edited:
Essendon I reckon this year.

It's time. They've caught us at the right time a few times in a row now, and escaped with lucky victories. It's time to ******* destroy them. I don't even care about the Ryder threads on any board on BigFooty. It's time we absolutely embarrassed Essendon.

They have it coming probably even more than Carlton had it coming prior to the Matt Thomas All-Pro Offensive Linesman game and I can't remember a non-finals game where i've wanted to beat a side more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really have anyone I specifically hope we beat. I guess it all depends on the fixture for me.

I hope we beat the Kansas because they always get us but more importantly because we face them in a critical round 3 clash that we could very possibly go into 0-2.

I want to beat the dockers in rnd1 to prove it wasn't a fluke and get our season rolling given the extremely tough start.

I want to beat the crows in the 1st showdown because we need to get through that start unscathed and the crows will be sitting pretty so we need to bring them down to earth.

Other than that I just hope we win everything.

Not a Jayhawks man ?? :p

kansas-jayhawks-basketball-2013-texas.jpg

lol

Have a squiz at their 2015 Premiership Ladder prediction thread.

Who knows, she might've said "WHAT !!! No lube" :p

Beat all the other top 4 sides at least once each and we can have another good crack at the flag while finishing in top 4.

Smash north, bummers, crows and collingwood please

With a few exceptions they are a snapshot of the SNAFL mindset there in that thread. Would rather get it completely wrong than put Port near the top and be right.
I didn't have the pleasure of reading the Crows board after the 2004 flag: I look forward to doing so after we win our second :)

A is for Adelaide, because they are bathwater drinking campaigners and represent everything that is wrong with South Australia.

B is for Brisbane, because they are still bitter over 2004 even though everyone knew the rules and they profited from it the two years before that.

C is for Carlton and Collingwood, because both of them have an over-inflated sense of their worth to the competition.

E is for Essendon, because they are cheating scumbags who have put the careers of two of our players in jeopardy for one man's hubris.

F is for Fremantle, because apparently kicking points on the run from outside 50 equals 'we should have buried you in the first half'.

G is for Geelong, Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney, because if there's one team that needs a anal raping without lube, it's the Cats. And if there's one team that seems to try super,super hard every time we play them, but rolls over when the shitcampaigners from West Lakes rock up, it's Gold Coast and GWS.

H is for Hawthorn, because if we don't, none of these other campaigners will.

M is for Melbourne, because no one should have to suffer through the s**t that Roos dishes up.

N is for North Melbourne, because they are like a red-headed stepchild...who is adopted. And has a gimpy leg.

R is for Richmond, because smashing those campaigners requires a cigarette after.

S is for Sydney and St.Kilda, because they think they can either draft or buy success without having to go through the s**t of 2011/2012.

W is for West Coast, because they were better when they were the McDonald's diet of coke and ice.

That leaves the Western Bulldogs. Don't have a problem with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back