Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

B5bGZWnCUAAIXqH.jpg

Look forward to seeing a lot more of this next year.

Holy is he looking lean n fit or what. Think this post has just ramped up my excitement for the coming season from 90 to 1000 %

B5bGZWnCUAAIXqH.jpg

Look forward to seeing a lot more of this next year.

Article on AFL website stated hes going to play a lot more forward next year. I dont know why we keep persisting with this, he needs to play in the ruck. We have enough forwards now with Hendo, Jones, Cas. Warnock has proven once and for all he shouldnt be 1st ruck so Kruezer now more than ever (he should always have been) should play ruck.

The photo of Bradley Walsh from today's session on the website, the kid is a monster already.

Have a feeling he could be another rookie list success story.

Article on AFL website stated hes going to play a lot more forward next year. I dont know why we keep persisting with this, he needs to play in the ruck. We have enough forwards now with Hendo, Jones, Cas. Warnock has proven once and for all he shouldnt be 1st ruck so Kruezer now more than ever (he should always have been) should play ruck.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to a article on the AFL website.

Ok here are a few

Whiley: really impressed me, I didn't know what to expect but after today I think he will really surprise a few. He definitely wasn't steak knives in that deal and could easily could a call up for round 1. His disposal, effort and consistency was a real stand out.

Walsh: how on earth did this bloke fall through to the rookie draft? He just looked like he belonged out there and could easily be our nominated rookie. He will be a solid contributor for years to come.

DVR: Beautiful disposal which we all know, he is a little smaller and might take another year before we see him in the firsts, but really looks the goods. (Had his ankle iced after the session, he didn't seem phased by it)

BB: Explosive speed, good evasiveness and will provide us with that outside run we so desperatelly need. Disposal wise can't really comment he was too far away for me to pick out during the kicking drills, but hand balls looked good and hit the targets.

Jaksch: Didn't stand out to me. To be honest I didn't know he was there until he was signing autographs at the end. Very sofetly spoken and seemed highly intraverted. Perhaps someone else could offer more insight.

Armfield: Looks to have his mobility/pace back and has overcome the injuries that hampered this season. Hope he can continue it into next season.

Jones: His tank is poor, disposal average and goal kicking (today) was ok but not great. I think he would make a great stay at home forward but until he has more endurance he will struggle to offer much more.

Watson: Really struggled I can't see him getting a game in the firsts unless we have a fair few injuries. His handballs went behind players, and wouldn't kick short. He simply doesn't offer enough, I feel his days in the navy blue might be numbered.

Fields: Not sure if I just saw everything crap he did but his disposal was by far the worst of the day (let's hope he was having a bad day) every time he had the ball he didn't look confident at all. Can't see him making it and don't know where he actually fits in the team, depth or otherwise.

Ok here are a few

Whiley: really impressed me, I didn't know what to expect but after today I think he will really surprise a few. He definitely wasn't steak knives in that deal and could easily could a call up for round 1. His disposal, effort and consistency was a real stand out.

Walsh: how on earth did this bloke fall through to the rookie draft? He just looked like he belonged out there and could easily be our nominated rookie. He will be a solid contributor for years to come.

DVR: Beautiful disposal which we all know, he is a little smaller and might take another year before we see him in the firsts, but really looks the goods. (Had his ankle iced after the session, he didn't seem phased by it)

BB: Explosive speed, good evasiveness and will provide us with that outside run we so desperatelly need. Disposal wise can't really comment he was too far away for me to pick out during the kicking drills, but hand balls looked good and hit the targets.

Jaksch: Didn't stand out to me. To be honest I didn't know he was there until he was signing autographs at the end. Very sofetly spoken and seemed highly intraverted. Perhaps someone else could offer more insight.

Armfield: Looks to have his mobility/pace back and has overcome the injuries that hampered this season. Hope he can continue it into next season.

Jones: His tank is poor, disposal average and goal kicking (today) was ok but not great. I think he would make a great stay at home forward but until he has more endurance he will struggle to offer much more.

Watson: Really struggled I can't see him getting a game in the firsts unless we have a fair few injuries. His handballs went behind players, and wouldn't kick short. He simply doesn't offer enough, I feel his days in the navy blue might be numbered.

Fields: Not sure if I just saw everything crap he did but his disposal was by far the worst of the day (let's hope he was having a bad day) every time he had the ball he didn't look confident at all. Can't see him making it and don't know where he actually fits in the team, depth or otherwise.
Thanks for the report. It's a shame Watson and Fields didn't impress but hopefully they will look better in the new year. Did you happen to notice how Foster is going and whether he is chance to get some games next year? And, did you notice if Tutt and Dick trained today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's what Mick said in his presser today.
I agree that Kreuzer is best suited as a ruck but really think that until he has genuine prowess as a forward as another string to his bow he will not be the gun we all want him to be. Games are won by big guys taking vital marks in the forward fifty and kicking goals. He needs to do this regularly even when he is rucking most of the time. Could be that Mick will use this year to develop that side of his game and give Warnock one last shot, or use Wood.

Thanks for the report Harker. Good news about Holman. At last Boekhorst did something worthy of being noticed! Not sure whether I should be happy or sad about Levi getting beaten by Jones. And, I believe Jamo killed Watto in the one on ones, is that right?

Players have their days whether at training or in the real stuff.
Watched Kreuzer fumbling the ball, Menzel mis-kicking and Casboult dropping marks over the past few weeks. :)

There are sessions that the guys aren't fully focused and again, it's not until Late January where the starting 22 players really stand up.

Best over the past few weeks to my viewing at least have been, Gibbs, Menzel, Jones, Jamison, Rowe, Buckley, White, Graham and Sheehan.

The best thing though was to see Kreuzer, Henderson, Docherty, Cripps and Simpson fully involved.
Had have Walker been out there, it would have just about been perfect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back