Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

Kills me to do it :p but have just renewed my 8 yr old kangaroo fanatic daughters membership for 2015.

Had some great memories of her fully decked out in her kangas gear sitting on my knee and listening while I told her when she should cheer her team or boo the opposition. :D

Hope another proper traditional Victorian club has a great season in 2015. :)

How did they end up roos fans?

How did they end up roos fans?

I think a kid at her school in prep got to her before I could o_O

My wife's a magpie but we always agreed the kids could make their own choice (as long as a Victorian club)

When she decided on a club I signed her up as I feel it's a good lesson in loyalty to choose a club follow it and be financial (mind you it comes out of my pocket :D). She's already declared herself a "Kangaroo for life"

My wife's a magpie but we always agreed the kids could make their own choice (as long as a Victorian club)

When she decided on a club I signed her up as I feel it's a good lesson in loyalty to choose a club follow it and be financial (mind you it comes out of my pocket :D). She's already declared herself a "Kangaroo for life"
Mine were told when they were young that they could barrack for any team they liked, but I would jokingly say that they "might" have to live somewhere else and I think they took it seriously.:)

Mine have two choices......support North Melbourne or find a new family to house and feed you. Neither have missed a game since birth.
I really do get envious when i hear stuff like this. My kids would rip an arm off to be able to attend all games (country members). I only get to one a year, the boys are old enough to get themselves there now, so they see a couple more, but live games for me are so rare that when i go, i feel as though it actually is a grand final

I am or actually I should say now that I was a single dad of 2. Both kids are Roos members since birth. However the news is that my partner and I (the reason why I'm not s single dad anymore) are expecting a baby in May. My missus is a cats fan, but doesn't even really like football. She reckons that the baby should be able to decide on its own... But I have a cunning plan.... My boy and I go every week, so if this baby likes footy and wants to attend games it will have the choice of going to every Roos game, or seeing their chosen mistake of a team once or twice a year.

I am or actually I should say now that I was a single dad of 2. Both kids are Roos members since birth. However the news is that my partner and I (the reason why I'm not s single dad anymore) are expecting a baby in May. My missus is a cats fan, but doesn't even really like football. She reckons that the baby should be able to decide on its own... But I have a cunning plan.... My boy and I go every week, so if this baby likes footy and wants to attend games it will have the choice of going to every Roos game, or seeing their chosen mistake of a team once or twice a year.

Quite Simple, my missus is/was a Filth Fan. I took to the battle on two fronts. Told the kids that North Melbourne give the kids presents every year, and in no uncertain terms told the missus that I will be leaving her with both kids for the day when going to the footy as they wont be supporting norf.

You're a good dad :thumbsu:

It's an interesting debate. Do you let your kids decide or not? Growing up in the 80s, there was a good chance i would have chosen Hawthorn or Geelong, but I basically had no choice. I wouldn't change that for the world, as going to the footy with my dad is one of my favourite things even as an adult.

Because of this, my boy is signed up from day one and his room is adorned royal blue and white.

While I admire parents who let their kids choose, I can't help but wonder if you are denying yourself a lifetime of additional bonding.

Kills me to do it :p but have just renewed my 8 yr old kangaroo fanatic daughters membership for 2015.

Had some great memories of her fully decked out in her kangas gear sitting on my knee and listening while I told her when she should cheer her team or boo the opposition. :D

Hope another proper traditional Victorian club has a great season in 2015. :)
I have a lot of mates that barrack for the Tiges and have rightfully got all their kids on board as loyal Tigers supporters, I am planning on reporting them for unnecessary cruelty to children. I'm glad you can see the sense in letting her choose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a lot of mates that barrack for the Tiges and have rightfully got all their kids on board as loyal Tigers supporters, I am planning on reporting them for unnecessary cruelty to children. I'm glad you can see the sense in letting her choose.

Nice :p I suppose it's part of my make up that I believe in freedom of choice, probably a hangover from my old punk days when punk actually meant something .........

Nice :p I suppose it's part of my make up that I believe in freedom of choice, probably a hangover from my old punk days when punk actually meant something .........
Kudos Twoslabs...yep, sadly these days punk is not much more than a retro fashion statement on a t-shirt.

As of 24/12/14 we have 24,576 signed up members :)

It's an interesting debate. Do you let your kids decide or not? Growing up in the 80s, there was a good chance i would have chosen Hawthorn or Geelong, but I basically had no choice. I wouldn't change that for the world, as going to the footy with my dad is one of my favourite things even as an adult.

Because of this, my boy is signed up from day one and his room is adorned royal blue and white.

While I admire parents who let their kids choose, I can't help but wonder if you are denying yourself a lifetime of additional bonding.

This is a good point, however my family is a complete mix up and we're all closer than ever. Dad is Saints, Mum's Pies, Both brothers are Crows and I'm a Roo. We're all from SA, so I don't even know how it happened.

My Dad is as passionate for the Saints as I am for North, which kind of causes us both to have a soft spot for eachother's teams. When we play Saints I'm happy to see us belt them by upwards of 20 goals, outside of that I like to see them win as I've seen the heartache my Dad has gone through as an absolute diehard supporter, particularly when he flew over for the Grand Finals a few years ago.

So to answer your point, it doesn't ruin the bonding, I'll happily go to a Saints game with my dad and be happy to see them win against any other side bar the Roos and vice versa for him with North.

When they play eachother though, the claws are out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back