• Yes

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 112 - Jack Newnes (HBF)

This late in the draft I figured I'd gamble on potential and what a beauty Newnes could be. Already touted as a future captain, he's a no nonsense footballer and a hard little bastard

Pick 113 - Luke Beveridge (HFF)
Stolen by the Doggies as a coach, I had a lot of time for Beveridge as a player. A scrappy little blighter, he bounced around the Dees and Doggies before landing with us.

B: Barry Lawrence, Bob Murray, BP
HB: Jack Newnes, Jason Blake, HB
C: Robbie Muir, Lance Oswald, Dean Rice
HF: Luke Beveridge, Dave McNamara, HF
FF: Keith Rosewarne, Tony Lockett, Roy Cazaly
F: Carl Ditterich, Daryl Griffiths, David Armitage
I/C: 1, 2, 3, 4

Back to Defacto

Last edited:
DSC06956_(360x480).jpg

Pick 115
- Uncle Barrels' Barbarians: VAEJ 'Vic' BARWICK, Linton/Union (177cm 81kg): burly rover.

St Kilda Career: 105 games (66 goals)
St Kilda Captain: 1905, 1909
St Kilda leading goalkicker: 1909
Victorian representative 1904
Tasmanian Hall of Fame 2005

Enticed to the mainland from Queenstown by the Saints in 1903, Barwick was a superb and stocky on-baller and one of the Saints' genuine early stars. Skillful and very well built for the time, he was extremely highly regarded in his day, with team mate Dave McNamara describing him ‘a true champion’.

Barwick played seven seasons for the Saints before crossing to Brighton in the VFA for the 1910 season. He returned to the Saints in 1913, as a venerable (at the time) 34 year old, but was past his best and failed to make the finals side that won what was technically our first premiership against the highly-fancied flag favourite Fitzroy, before losing the week later in the ridiculous challenge allowed by the now-defunct Argus system.

Barwick will be the Barbarians' rover.

* thanks again to John Devaney and australianfootball.com

Last edited:
Now;

UB's Barbarians (Uncle Barrels)
FB: Jack Davis / ---------------- / ---------------
HB: Jim Guyatt / Matt Maguire / Eric Guy
C: Brendon Goddard / Ian Stewart / ---------------
HF: Aaron Hamill (c) / Barry Hall / Ian Cooper
FF: Brian Mynott / Bill Stephenson / Harry Moyes
R: Lazar Vidovic / Vic Barwick / Colin Watson
I/C: --------------- / --------------- / --------------- / ---------------

Armitage2Riewoldt

Pick 116 - Harry Lever
218 games
6 goals
1905-1922

Only 28 players have played 200 games for St Kilda, Harry Lever is the last of those to remain. A full back in his prime, I think his 178cm frame is more suited to the back pocket these days. He also played out most of his 218 game career with 2 fingers missing after a band saw incident in 1907.

A2R's Superstars (Armitage2Riewoldt)
FB: Harry Lever / Verdun Howell / ---------------
HB: Shane Wakelin / Wels Eicke / Fred Phillips
C: Xavier Clarke / Harold Bray / Heath Black
HF: Barry Breen / Darrel Baldock / Peter Bennett
FF: --------------- / George Young / ---------------
R: Jim Ross / Luke Ball / Joel Smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 116 - Harry Lever
218 games
6 goals
1905-1922

Only 28 players have played 200 games for St Kilda, Harry Lever is the last of those to remain. A full back in his prime, I think his 178cm frame is more suited to the back pocket these days. He also played out most of his 218 game career with 2 fingers missing after a band saw incident in 1907.

Harry Lever (c) and Wels Eicke both played in the backline in our 1913 grand final team (even though we lost), looking like a very good backline.

show_image.php

Pick #117: Frank Coghlan
183cm – 84kg

Before joining the Saints, Frank Coghlan was turned away by the good old Carlton Blues, he had a pretty solid career with us and I think that fact makes it even better. He played 109 games and kicked 64 goals in 7 seasons from '86 to '92. He played predominately as a midfielder who could go and play at half forward. Was 23 at the time of his debut which meant he was more developed and could play a role and play it very well within his first few seasons. In just his second year at the club (1987) he played 21 games at an average of 19.86 disposals and 3 marks a game. In 1988 he was our leading disposal getting with 447 at an average of 21.29 disposals a game. In 1991 he had a very good season in which he became a goalkicker, racking up 398 disposals and kicking 33.20 in front of goal. Overall had been a very solid player in his career, and he continues to be involved at the club on some levels, he handed Jack Billings his #15 guernsey this year and he has two potential father son prospects that are approaching a draftable age, hopefully we get to see some more dashing Coghlans in the future.

And that completes my on-field midfield brigade. Cogs will play on the wing and complement existing midfielders in Harvey, Smith, Montagna, Thompson and Duperouzel on a half forward flank.

12Chill's Chargers (12Chill)
FB: Jeff Dunne / William Cubbins / Sean Dempster
HB: David Grant / ------------------ / Robert Elphinstone
C: Leigh Montagna / Andrew Thompson / Frank Coghlan
HF: ---------------- / Vic Cumberland / Bruce Duperouzel
FF: --------------- / Fraser Gehrig / Alan Davis
R: Jeff Sarau / Robert Harvey / Ross Smith (c)
I/C: --------------- / --------------- / --------------- / --------------

Any future games like this, happening later on TN25 ?
Probably not any time soon. Won't have time to fit in anymore drafts before I go camping. Also a bit dry for ideas for these games. There will be more eventually though

Pick 116 - Harry Lever
218 games
6 goals
1905-1922

bugger... great get!!!

Back