NFL 2014 NFL - Week 16

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Yup, IF Seattle, Green Bay, and the Cowboys finish 12-4 then Seattle would get the #1 seed based on a better divisional record (10-2), than Green Bay (9-3), and the Cowboys (8-4).

If Detroit beats Green Bay then they would have the same divisional record as Seattle (10-2) and it would go to the next tie-breaker which is common games (minimum 4) and Seattle would win that 5-0 vs 3-2 (common games NY Giants, Carolina, Green Bay, Arizona)
The tie-breakers for determining byes is the same as those used for the wildcards:

1. Head-to-head, if applicable
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four
4. Strength of victory
5. Strength of schedule
etc

So the only way we can miss the number 1 seed is if we lose or Green Bay and Detriot tie? A tie would give Dallas the number 1 seed if they win next week.

So the only way we can miss the number 1 seed is if we lose or Green Bay and Detriot tie? A tie would give Dallas the number 1 seed if they win next week.
You are correct - if Seattle and Dallas finish with the same number of wins then the Cowboys win on head to head record, but only if Green Bay or the Lions aren't in the mix. With three teams, H2H is not used unless one team has beaten the other two.

Big Jim 11

All Australian
Oct 26, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
United, NY Giants
heard a lot about this rams D... 37 points against a 4th string O-line who have been pretty awful all year :cool:

And the Bengals may still miss the playoffs
Bengals miss if they lose to Denver and Pittsburgh and both San Diego (@Kansas) and Baltimore(home against Cleveland) win

Can't win the division unless they beat Pittsburgh and a win over Denver clinches a playoff spot

Big Jim 11

All Australian
Oct 26, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
United, NY Giants
Oh and for the record, dont think ive ever seen a more classless and embarrassing display of behaviour by a NFL team in any game than what the Rams produced today

Absolute embarrassment. Had their asses handed to themselves by a rookie playing in one of the weakest sides in the league and they spent the whole game cheap shotting him 5-10 yards out of bounds, taunting him, trying to injure him. Their hits on him were disgusting, almost like they were bounty hits and they woukd only do it when they could get near him when he was out of bounds

Hope their is some sort of ramifications for their actions because the refs seemed to be enjoying it

Classless bunch of campaigners. embarrassing behaviour by an irrelevant team

Interesting that balmainforever always posts the next weeks thread on the Sunday during SNF, but this week because the Broncos are playing MNF, he waits...
Problem is that today I'm out and about and can't post week 17 until later tonight when I get home.

Problem is that today I'm out and about and can't post week 17 until later tonight when I get home.
Not that I'm complaining.
I prefer it when people don't jump the gun.
Brad on the main board starting the tipping thread during the sunday games.
Gargh.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford

and the other flex games wont be announced till tomorrow morning, because the Lions/Packers game will be flexed into a 4:15 game, and Panthers/Falcons might get flexed also

Back