FTA-TV The Missing

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the Russian kid was Ollie. There's a newspaper article somewhere earlier in the show that showed what Ollie might have looked like now. Spitting image of the kid. Not that it matters - the open-endedness was great.

yeah, a hollywood ending it was not, small mercies, I take em where I can get em;)

I reckon the Russian kid was Ollie. There's a newspaper article somewhere earlier in the show that showed what Ollie might have looked like now. Spitting image of the kid. Not that it matters - the open-endedness was great.
I just couldnt connect that it looked like him. He looked too 'European'.

Had picked early on that the hotel owners would somehow be involved and that the mayor would also be involved. I actually liked the ending and that it wasn't some giant child trafficking syndicate or anything. A hit and run followed by a cover up did the story justice.

I didn't mind the very end but struggled with the jump from the hospital bed/wedding in France to the bearded James Nesbitt in Russia.

I thought the ending was befitting. It would have been too "American" if the son had been found alive. Overall, I give this series 9.5/10. It was done exceptionally well, with no lulls in the suspense and drama, and twists right up to the last hour.

Incidentally, a second series is ins store so we may yet find out what happened to Oliver, although the writers won't say if series 2 will be a continuation or new story line.
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/nov/30/bbc-1-drama-the-missing-return-second-series

Closes eyes and scrolls down to avoid Spoilers...avoids spoilers...

So I am half way through Episode 4.

Enjoying it immensely...don't blink or you will miss a detail.

Noticed grey haired man at Pool...strange shot with him in it. Don't know what role he eventually has...I will avoid this thread til the end I think.

Closes eyes and scrolls down to avoid Spoilers...avoids spoilers...

So I am half way through Episode 4.

Enjoying it immensely...don't blink or you will miss a detail.

Noticed grey haired man at Pool...strange shot with him in it. Don't know what role he eventually has...I will avoid this thread til the end I think.

Let us know when you're through. I enjoyed it immensely.

Let us know when you're through. I enjoyed it immensely.

Finished Ep 4.

I feel sorry sad for both of the parents; ******* dreadful, echoes of Maddy MCann and Graeme Thorn (Sydney-Lotto kidnapping).

Is it right...7 Episodes?

And those two French male leads...the older ones, how beautifully understated are their roles...Hollywood gents need to view these two performances.

Finished Ep 4.

I feel sorry sad for both of the parents; ******* dreadful, echoes of Maddy MCann and Graeme Thorn (Sydney-Lotto kidnapping).

Is it right...7 Episodes?

And those two French male leads...the older ones, how beautifully understated are their roles...Hollywood gents need to view these two performances.

8 episodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow...whole series in True Detective league as far as I am concerned.
That tortured last 2 minutes...that poor man, sends chills up my back.
The only thing that let it down was the accident...no skid marks, no damage, no blood on the road and only outside the perimeter of the pool?

Wow...whole series in True Detective league as far as I am concerned.
That tortured last 2 minutes...that poor man, sends chills up my back.
The only thing that let it down was the accident...no skid marks, no damage, no blood on the road and only outside the perimeter of the pool?

Yeah, I'm with you on that too. Amazing series. 'The Missing' was what was missing/became missing for all the characters.
I think some very basic police work would have probably advanced the investigation early on. The whole in the fence, forensics outside that hole, the phonecall the Inn-keeper made to 000 right when Ollie vanished, but only hung-up.

As for that last 2 minutes, what's the ultimate torture ending? He finally finds Ollie, but he's half lost his mind, his kid doesn't recognise him, or doesn't choose to, and he's dragged off by the Police. I have no doubt that was Ollie in the Russian town.

Yeah, I'm with you on that too. Amazing series. 'The Missing' was what was missing/became missing for all the characters.
I think some very basic police work would have probably advanced the investigation early on. The whole in the fence, forensics outside that hole, the phonecall the Inn-keeper made to 000 right when Ollie vanished, but only hung-up.

As for that last 2 minutes, what's the ultimate torture ending? He finally finds Ollie, but he's half lost his mind, his kid doesn't recognise him, or doesn't choose to, and he's dragged off by the Police. I have no doubt that was Ollie in the Russian town.
yes I agree with you about the police work and it's not the only time in the series that it was lacking but it seems that all TV cop drama is like that these days. Still, this was an excellently written and acted drama that is up there with the best of them.

I'm not sure I agree that the Russian kid is Ollie though. I agree that he looks just like the identikit photo but Tony by this stage is obviously stark raving bonkers. He has traced the big eared caricature in the snow, looks bat eyed mad, has apparently done the same thing to other kids in other towns. I personally think the kid just looks like the identikit and is not him. Probably like the other kids from the other towns.

It's expertly done though and very open to interpretation. Great TV. There's probably no right or wrong answer.]

Got through it in a couple of days. It's the finest British thing i've seen since the Shadow Line. The casting was sublime. Really handled the non-linear timeline like a very slick yo yo bouncing back and fourth seamlessly and transitioning really effectively. Performances great, some interesting red herrings and just an all round interesting and murky French vibe.
Also that reporter was one of the most annoying characters i've ever witnessed. Give him his due!

Got through it in a couple of days. It's the finest British thing i've seen since the Shadow Line. The casting was sublime. Really handled the non-linear timeline like a very slick yo yo bouncing back and fourth seamlessly and transitioning really effectively. Performances great, some interesting red herrings and just an all round interesting and murky French vibe.
Also that reporter was one of the most annoying characters i've ever witnessed. Give him his due!

I'm with you on that. More I think about it, the more I'm impressed with the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back