BBL04 Game 5 - Perth Scorchers v Adelaide Strikers @ #TheFurnace

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After initially being a cynic with this form of the game, it's hard to not be a fan watching a game like that. Exciting stuff.

It starts at a good time every night, I don't have Foxtel so there is literally nothing else worth watching. Over time I have got more and more into it.

It starts at a good time every night, I don't have Foxtel so there is literally nothing else worth watching. Over time I have got more and more into it.
The format is pretty much meh at international level but it's very enjoyable at domestic level with the league setup, the games and competition is fun and actually means something.

The format is pretty much meh at international level but it's very enjoyable at domestic level with the league setup, the games and competition is fun and actually means something.
I agree. Wouldn't object to seeing IT20s scrapped except for the T20WC

Went like every scorchers home game last year, except we didn't squeak home. Batting lineup still an issue, 145 wasn't enough.

Doesn't help when one of the two explosive bats had heads off elsewhere and the other is injured (again). I don't have high expectations of Carberry either. I think ( and hope I'm wrong) he's going to be a dud. Well soon see I suppose.

I'm the same, I HATE International T20, but I love the Big Bash and the IPL.

I would struggle to even name more than a couple of T20 international games that were 'memorable' but could probably think of about 10 Big Bash games fairly quickly.
Exactly. Keep it domestic, until every 3-5 years. Then make it international, since it's the only IT20s, would be much bigger

You seem a bit mad. It's not his fault the umpire didn't give him out.

I note that the poster seems to think that Carberry being useless, Voges doing nothing with the bat, etc had absolutely no influence in them losing the game...Nope lets blame the umpire making a split second decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I note that the poster seems to think that Carberry being useless, Voges doing nothing with the bat, etc had absolutely no influence in them losing the game...Nope lets blame the umpire making a split second decision.
Couldn't be more right. They don't get the benefit of replays and slow mos, they have that split second to make up their mind. And like any sport, mistakes will be made.

you could tell by the look on his face that he knew he was out. I just can't stand cheats - sorry. Gilchrist would have walked.
It's not cheating, it's part of the game. The umpire has the say whether it is out or not. If the umpire says it's not out, the batsman has every right to keep batting.

If Gilchrist wanted to walk then fine, that's his decision. But he doesn't have to because the umpire hasn't seen any evidence as to why he should be out.

you could tell by the look on his face that he knew he was out. I just can't stand cheats - sorry. Gilchrist would have walked.

Point me to the rule where the batsman must walk. Nope. Not in the rules. It states you must walk if GIVEN. He wasn't.

Couldn't be more right. They don't get the benefit of replays and slow mos, they have that split second to make up their mind. And like any sport, mistakes will be made.

Exactly. People are whinging as if it was a howler. It was extremely close to the shoulder and LIVE it is exactly what I thought it hit. It wasn't a 'glove type' noise. Was only on replay that I saw the glove. The umpire doesn't get that. Mistakes happen, that is cricket, that is sport really. Perth lost it with the bat, the umpire didn't lose the game. Then you have Arafat bowling two absolute pies in the last over.

Wish the Scorchers would have pushed hard for him.....someone who can actually bat. More than handy spinner as well.

Or you could have just kept Simmons who scored 2 tons last season!

The sooner the Scorchers get rid of Flat Carbattery the better. His slow batting cost us a good 15 - 20 runs i think. I always thought he wouldn't be much chop as a T20 player and I know it'a only one dig but so far the haters have been proven correct. 27 off 35 isn't acceptable. Reverse it to 35 off 27 that's not as bad but as a batsman especially you simply need a strike rate of 100 or better in T20.

There's plenty of Australian domestic players who are surplus players at other BBL franchises who we should have looked to poach. I'll use Rob Quiney as an example. Can't get a game at the Stars currently.

As for Simmons yes it's frustrating because without his initial gig at the Scorchers he wouldn't have been seen by the Strikers but you can't blame him for chasing the better bucks/ longer contract. 20/ 20 isn't a game where showing loyalty to one club/ state is hugely relevant. His not the first player to switch allegiances and he won't be the last either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back