Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

FirstYearsBeachImage.jpg

It was the water.........it was cold, I tell ya.

Clem Jones is making me look in shape!! :eek:

I don't know about your body but the mind isn't too sharp..............It's Smith...........Clem Smith. :)

Harks you gotta stick with me, the fact I got his first name right is a good success rate for me with new recruits. It generally takes until the time they are delisted for me to get it fully correct!! Trust me when I tell you he will get called a lot worse from me in the first half of this year! :)

View attachment 99312

Is it a race between photographers to get the worst possible photo of Curnow or Kreuzer? Is there an award for it? Sheeeeeeesh!!!!

Just between you and me Harks I doubt Matty has anything to worry about!!

262759-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players have their days whether at training or in the real stuff.
Watched Kreuzer fumbling the ball, Menzel mis-kicking and Casboult dropping marks over the past few weeks. :)

There are sessions that the guys aren't fully focused and again, it's not until Late January where the starting 22 players really stand up.

Best over the past few weeks to my viewing at least have been, Gibbs, Menzel, Jones, Jamison, Rowe, Buckley, White, Graham and Sheehan.

The best thing though was to see Kreuzer, Henderson, Docherty, Cripps and Simpson fully involved.
Had have Walker been out there, it would have just about been perfect.

Is this a change for Gibbs from previous years? I seem to remember Gibbs kinda cruising through preseasons. I might be wrong.

General summary from observations in the first half of the pre-season.

1. We've never before had a group of draftees to come along that have slotted in so seamlessly.
I guess it may be partly for the fact that Boekhorst & Fields have a couple of years on the others, but in general there doesn't seem to be any intimidation factor emanating from these kids. Foster, Walsh & DVR have voice, ask questions and encourage on more senior team-mates......Haven't seen that before.

2. The same pretty much goes for the recruits in, Jones, Tutt, Whiley, Dick and Jaksch.
They've either worked hard, in immediately becoming part of the group or have been allowed to feel that way.........Probably a bit of both.
This is the first time I can say that not one player looks a fish out of water.............not one.

3. Didn't see anything that resembles a clique as the same communication was afforded to each player from the senior guys.
Very pleasing to see Gibbs finally looking like a leader....a real leader and not one by name only. Rowe is boss and Jamison as friendly as usual.
Whatever buy-in was taken up by the group 4 months ago, seems to still be there.

4. Training didn't seem to run as clockwork as it had last year but I think there may be a couple of reasons for that.
All the good stuff is tucked away in the closed sessions and the closed sessions are very much that this year. No-one is welcome.
The open days seem to have been more for the fans....the cafe...the shop.

Many of the young guys have really clocked up their rating from only 12 months ago.
Graham, Buckley, Holman and Sheehan in particular, are very much more visible than they were this time last year.
Oddly though Cripps and Docherty don't demand quite the same attention..............yet, at least.

Most pleasing though is having Henderson, Kreuzer, Thomas, Docherty, Simpson and even Armfield moving freely again and not just walking the boundary.

General summary from observations in the first half of the pre-season.

1. We've never before had a group of draftees to come along that have slotted in so seamlessly.
I guess it may be partly for the fact that Boekhorst & Fields have a couple of years on the others, but in general there doesn't seem to be any intimidation factor emanating from these kids. Foster, Walsh & DVR have voice, ask questions and encourage on more senior team-mates......Haven't seen that before.

2. The same pretty much goes for the recruits in, Jones, Tutt, Whiley, Dick and Jaksch.
They've either worked hard, in immediately becoming part of the group or have been allowed to feel that way.........Probably a bit of both.
This is the first time I can say that not one player looks a fish out of water.............not one.

3. Didn't see anything that resembles a clique as the same communication was afforded to each player from the senior guys.
Very pleasing to see Gibbs finally looking like a leader....a real leader and not one by name only. Rowe is boss and Jamison as friendly as usual.
Whatever buy-in was taken up by the group 4 months ago, seems to still be there.

4. Training didn't seem to run as clockwork as it had last year but I think there may be a couple of reasons for that.
All the good stuff is tucked away in the closed sessions and the closed sessions are very much that this year. No-one is welcome.
The open days seem to have been more for the fans....the cafe...the shop.

Many of the young guys have really clocked up their rating from only 12 months ago.
Graham, Buckley, Holman and Sheehan in particular, are very much more visible than they were this time last year.
Oddly though Cripps and Docherty don't demand quite the same attention..............yet, at least.

Most pleasing though is having Henderson, Kreuzer, Thomas, Docherty, Simpson and even Armfield moving freely again and not just walking the boundary.

Great observations as always great man.:D:D:D
must make an effort to training oneday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back