Game Day Round 1: Melbourne v Gold Coast Suns MCG , 1:40pm AEDT Saturday, April 4, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another SuperCoach article, this time about Christian Salem. A lot is also said about Tyson and the side in future. It's made by an opposition supporter so there's a few digs at us, but also a lot of hype. Praises our pick 2 for Tyson & Salem trade and notes the Frawley compensation in a pretty funny way.

http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2014/12/16/supercoach-2015-christian-salem/

I hope in this season we can start calling Salem "bullseye".

Last edited:
Here's another SuperCoach article, this time about Christian Salem. A lot is also said about Tyson and the side in future. It's made by an opposition supporter so there's a few digs at us, but also a lot of hype. Praises our pick 2 for Tyson & Salem trade and notes the Frawley compensation in a pretty funny way.

Good read. I feel like there's been a lot of Salem hype recently. People everywhere have been talking him up as the most talented player on the list. Love his aggression and he oozes silk but it's all a bit silly IMO. Does have plenty of X-Factor though.

Good read. I feel like there's been a lot of Salem hype recently. People everywhere have been talking him up as the most talented player on the list. Love his aggression and he oozes silk but it's all a bit silly IMO. Does have plenty of X-Factor though.
I agree, I'm not buying into it too much. People talk about his pre-season issues and all that affecting him last year but the reality is he didn't make a massive impact. We did however, see a few glimpses of brilliance. I think once we see him outside of the forward line we might have a bit better insight into what he can do. Let's hope it's something good.

I agree, I'm not buying into it too much. People talk about his pre-season issues and all that affecting him last year but the reality is he didn't make a massive impact. We did however, see a few glimpses of brilliance. I think once we see him outside of the forward line we might have a bit better insight into what he can do. Let's hope it's something good.
That goal against Essendon, for a first year player in what his 5th game? Dat poise bruh.

A couple of things.

Stef Martin might be many things but a forward isn't one of them. He struggles to kick it through the big sticks to save himself. And the Dean Cox-like call is a tad premature. I say that as a Martin fan. He finds more of the ball than most but he can still get towelled by the established ruckmen and he doesn't kick goals. In an SC sense however, the hype is understandable.

Secondly, how hard is it to get the Kelly scenario correct? It wasn't Tyson and Salem for Kelly. It was Tyson and Salem for Kelly AND Pick 20 (which was to be used on Lewis Taylor). Still a good deal but the number of analysts who utensil up this relatively simple fact is amazing.

He is right about Salem possibly being better than the lot. He looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth but the kid is as tough as nails. He has the inside and outside capabilities to be a genuine star. Still at least a year away from being SC relevant though.

He also forgot to mention Stretch and ANB in the young midfield brigade.

If all of Tyson, Viney, Salem, Petracca, Brayshaw, Toumpas, Stretch and ANB can reach their potential....oh mama.

David Swchartz is a pretty good fella if you've ever had a chance to chat to him.

I always liked James McDonald as well.

Colin Sylvia was probably the one that surprised me the most - was a little cocky, but always made the effort to chat with people when I saw him.

I hate saying this, but Garry Lyon was never exactly a man of the people.
Gaz always treated my cousin with the utmost respect and decency. My cousin has cerebral palsy and was able to get a fair bit of access to the players and club for some reason back in the 90's. Anyway, gaz was always one of his faves because he always treated him like a person rather than an obligation.

Lets be honest it's all going to be witchcraft puns.

EDIT: Also really??

But before we analyse him to the bullseyeballs: it’s time to Whack Basket case Melbourne Pre Paul Roos. What the hell were the Melbourne recruiters smoking when they passed on Nic Nat Dog Dog for Jack Watts, an unproven schoolboy bean pole?

This dude is four years behind the curb.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta Dunn Garland

Howe T. McDonald Lumumba

Brayshaw Cross Tyson

Viney Hogan Salem

Watts Pedersen Garlett

Jamar Vince Jones

Grimes JKH Petracca Newton

Toumpas Gawn Bail

Jetta Dunn Garland

Howe T. McDonald Lumumba

Brayshaw Cross Tyson

Viney Hogan Salem

Watts Pedersen Garlett

Jamar Vince Jones

Toumpas Gawn Bail
By the way, i actually like the look of your side, but the obvious one to me is you have no frost, and have garland and grimes. Imo these three guys are fighting for two spots, if all are fit and healthy

By the way, i actually like the look of your side, but the obvious one to me is you have no frost, and have garland and grimes. Imo these three guys are fighting for two spots, if all are fit and healthy
Grimes should play the percentages this year imo and be a swingman, so he gets a nod and personally having seen Frost play for GWS I am not convinced he is any better than Garland who possesses a far greater kick.

Jetta Dunn Garland

Howe T. McDonald Lumumba

Brayshaw Cross Tyson

Viney Hogan Salem

Watts Pedersen Garlett

Jamar Vince Jones

Toumpas Gawn Bail
What do you think you would do in round 2 when dawes is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back