The Official Week 9 'What the hell is Vivek doing' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

bos_a_new_celtics_b1_576x324.jpg

anyone play nba live in the jordan years? he was never in it....instead he was PLAYER 99. well hello!

I only saw parts of the game, but I thought McLemore kicked his butt overall.

Strong candidate for MIP the way he's going, another good reminder (hai Austin Rivers) to never judge players by their rookie year performance.

McLemore wasn't bad, but Kobe's shot fake has now made him look silly both encounters this year.
Offensively he's twice the player he was last year, and he tries very hard on defence too. He'll be a very good player in a few years.

Vivek knows s**t but DeMarcus Cousins is a BEAST! Best C in the game....getting it done on both ends of the court! Simply has to be an All-Star this season.
He will, we look completely different with him out on the floor.
Up against Sacre and Ed Davis in the crunch time today he just worked them over and turned at 6 point deficit into at 6 point lead almost semlessley along with Rudy who was left open.

Not totally surprising, but never thought that the departure would be in this fashion.

Next question - where does he end up? Sacramento would probably be favourites now. Surely no contenders are dumb enough.

Au Contraire. In addition to the Kings, The Clippers, Rockets, Mavericks and Heat have also reportedly shown interest in signing him. Can't see the Clippers getting him, they surely wouldn't think about starting him at the small forward, would they? Using him as a backup big behind Griffin and Jordan doesn't solve their rim protection problems. Plus they can only offer him the minimum, the same with Dallas. Miami are like Sacramento in that they have the minutes available as well as the money available. The Rockets would be a serious contender for me, mainly because Smith and Howard are very close and the Rockets need some more front court depth due to the injury to Terrence Jones. They also have more money to offer than the Clips and Mavs. It's also quite funny that this time yesterday teams had no interest in having Smith anywhere near their teams, and now he's a prized commodity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely no contender is silly enough to go after Smith. The bloke really just makes your team worse.
Every chance he goes somewhere on the minimum after he clears waivers, could be worth a shot for a contender for the sake of $1-2m...

I know I'm going to sound harsh here, but based on the last 2.5 seasons I don't know why you would want to sign him, if only he wanted to play around the rim more.
I miss this J-smoove

Xmas has come early!!! Awesome news!

In saying that, for the minimum he would still be an awesome pick up for a contender. Limit him to 20 minutes off the bench to hopefully prove himself, and he can give some solid D and athleticism. Would fit well at the Mavs, they need some size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back