• Yellow with black bar

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Yellow with black V

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Yellow with RFC

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this on Reddit. Thought it was pretty funny.

lxqhfD0.jpg

You guys have some great options. I don't understand why clubs just don't reverse their colours for their clash strips. I'm not a fan of white jumpers with a design if white is not a club colour
Or Collingwood could just use the white jumper they used for 100 years and avoid every single clash

I wonder how the Black shorts would go ? I think it would be a winner because we all know that black goes with anything (Especially Yellow).....:cool:

Lamborghini's and Ferrari's come in yellow and black!
Look classier than the campaigner red ones.

Black shorts looks awesome but i cant see the AFL allowing it considering it goes against the whole clash thing. I can cop white shorts if it means we go this option

r62_1062_3202_2836_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

I don't understand the point of having to wear white shorts if now a team has to wear a clash strip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like yellow and black or black and yellow!!! They are the colors of the Richmond Football Club!! There are more pressing issues for 2015 like Rancey and Dusty re-signing!!!

They'll be in the Black & Yellow or Yellow & Black bag soon enough ;):thumbsu:

This is my number one gripe with the AFL.

I don't care about the interpretations of rules changing each week, variable ticketing, price of food, possible corruption etc etc.

I care about not being able to recognise my team some times.

In black and white tv days when they actually played in mud it didn't matter. The away team wore white shorts and that was it.

They can't say it's for tv. Everyone has a high definition tv now. If they can't decipher between the blue and white stripes with white shorts compared to black and white stripes with black shorts they should try adjusting their settings.

The sooner they say they do it to raise more merchandise revenue the sooner they can go back to traditional white shorts for away games.

Im one of those who finds the idea of alternative jumpers genuinely saddening. Our jumper is meant to be our flag, our symbol; its meant to represent us through the generations - a constant, while all else around evolves and changes.

Im my little world, you don't retire numbers, you don't put players names on the jumper, you don't mess with the design of the Guernsey; the jumper is sancrosanct. We had to put up with that abomination of losing the sash on the back of the jumper for 10 years: was there ever a clearer indication of a club that had lost its way than that? Its was like dropping the southern cross off the flag and saying, 'its still looks more or less the same'.

and nowdays, well, we live in the times we do, and clash jumpers and away jumpers and merchandising novelty jumpers, and dreamtime jumpers and clash jumpers when there really isn't a clash and never was jumpers are the done thing.... but its not without cost. We're borrowing against our identity.

Here's a parallel: maybe not an obvious one, so bare with me. Australian Football was always played on Saturday afternoons. It got big crowds, families spanning generations attended religiously. It was ingrained in our lives. then we started playing Sundays, then Friday nights... and we adapted and still took our families religiously,.. then we played Sunday nights and Saturday nights and Monday nights and Thursday nights... .. and every expansion of time slots sliced away a little group of us that could not go... Every night game that served TV ratings denied 8 year old boys from attending with the 12 year old friends or 15year old older brother...and to the mums who had other thing to worry about than they did on a weekend afternoon, and the gradparents and the fathers and the brothers.. the wider scheduling was borrowing against our loyalty to the club, to the routine, to the commitment, to our own sense of participation in what was OURs. .. until it hit a breaking point... which it did last year. Collingwood vs Carlton.. 40,000 etc etc. In the today's world we cannot go back to every game on Saturday afternoon; but we don't have to sell out the soul and the future of the game either. Day games build tomorrow's supporters, build the sense of belonging, acessability, consistency. A constant.

Same with our Jumper. Sure, go ahead have your black sash on a yellow jumper. I get it, I really do. Neato. Its not our jumper, is it? Its not our identity, is it? Its not our point of continuity, is it? What is it? A club is a made up entity, made up and exists only by the voluntary association of all involved: its nothing other than what we make it. it needs symbols to bind it together; and historically at least, the main symbols have been our Jumper, our name and our song... but I'd argue that the most important of those is the jumper. In 20 years when I look back at our history on my photon phone cinema 3D iLap, I don't want to see some phony jumper lifting the premiership cup, or highlights of the screamers in unrecognisable uniforms... ones that bear no relationship to the 100 years before that... I want 1 club, 1 jumper, 1 history.

Clash away my friends, but in your search for novelty, remember, you tinker with fundamentals. We are not a club for a season or a fashion, we are a club for the Ages and as things change for the better and the worse, the jumper is all we have to pass on.

Im one of those who finds the idea of alternative jumpers genuinely saddening. Our jumper is meant to be our flag, our symbol; its meant to represent us through the generations - a constant, while all else around evolves and changes.

Im my little world, you don't retire numbers, you don't put players names on the jumper, you don't mess with the design of the Guernsey; the jumper is sancrosanct. We had to put up with that abomination of losing the sash on the back of the jumper for 10 years: was there ever a clearer indication of a club that had lost its way than that? Its was like dropping the southern cross off the flag and saying, 'its still looks more or less the same'.

and nowdays, well, we live in the times we do, and clash jumpers and away jumpers and merchandising novelty jumpers, and dreamtime jumpers and clash jumpers when there really isn't a clash and never was jumpers are the done thing.... but its not without cost. We're borrowing against our identity.

Here's a parallel: maybe not an obvious one, so bare with me. Australian Football was always played on Saturday afternoons. It got big crowds, families spanning generations attended religiously. It was ingrained in our lives. then we started playing Sundays, then Friday nights... and we adapted and still took our families religiously,.. then we played Sunday nights and Saturday nights and Monday nights and Thursday nights... .. and every expansion of time slots sliced away a little group of us that could not go... Every night game that served TV ratings denied 8 year old boys from attending with the 12 year old friends or 15year old older brother...and to the mums who had other thing to worry about than they did on a weekend afternoon, and the gradparents and the fathers and the brothers.. the wider scheduling was borrowing against our loyalty to the club, to the routine, to the commitment, to our own sense of participation in what was OURs. .. until it hit a breaking point... which it did last year. Collingwood vs Carlton.. 40,000 etc etc. In the today's world we cannot go back to every game on Saturday afternoon; but we don't have to sell out the soul and the future of the game either. Day games build tomorrow's supporters, build the sense of belonging, acessability, consistency. A constant.

Same with our Jumper. Sure, go ahead have your black sash on a yellow jumper. I get it, I really do. Neato. Its not our jumper, is it? Its not our identity, is it? Its not our point of continuity, is it? What is it? A club is a made up entity, made up and exists only by the voluntary association of all involved: its nothing other than what we make it. it needs symbols to bind it together; and historically at least, the main symbols have been our Jumper, our name and our song... but I'd argue that the most important of those is the jumper. In 20 years when I look back at our history on my photon phone cinema 3D iLap, I don't want to see some phony jumper lifting the premiership cup, or highlights of the screamers in unrecognisable uniforms... ones that bear no relationship to the 100 years before that... I want 1 club, 1 jumper, 1 history.

Clash away my friends, but in your search for novelty, remember, you tinker with fundamentals. We are not a club for a season or a fashion, we are a club for the Ages and as things change for the better and the worse, the jumper is all we have to pass on.

One of the great posts!
A super perspective. Clear. You got me.

Back