EPL Matchweek 17 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we dominated that game and needed a header right at the death to even get a point. We just cant score goals. We've gone from the most lethal side in Britain to the most toothless in one season.

I pine for Daniel Sturridge.

Arsenal are s**t. Cant believe we didnt get all three from that game.

You lot are easily as s**t as we are.

Don't delude yourself.

945549-b7ba6ace-4f2a-11e3-9c0b-1ba2d5c67e32.jpg

On the United game, a joke there was only 3 min stoppage time. Probably wouldn't have done anything with it anyway if there was more. But in the 2nd half there was a red card, an injury or two from memory and all 3 of Villa's subs took an eternity to come off

On the United game, a joke there was only 3 min stoppage time. Probably wouldn't have done anything with it anyway if there was more. But in the 2nd half there was a red card, an injury or two from memory and all 3 of Villa's subs took an eternity to come off
no saf anymore remember?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Referees follow a 30 second per sub guideline for substitutions. Red card adds another 30 seconds and a couple of injuries amounts to about 3 minutes.

You've gotten too accustomed to Fergie time. 3 mins is about right unless there was a serious injury followed by a long stoppage.

Referees follow a 30 second per sub guideline for substitutions. Red card adds another 30 seconds and a couple of injuries amounts to about 3 minutes.

You've gotten too accustomed to Fergie time. 3 mins is about right unless there was a serious injury followed by a long stoppage.
I thought refs were meant to look at their watch and add on however long the subs, injuries, red cards etc took. I was expecting at least 4 min, probably 5 or 6

I had a close look at this a few years back. Basically they just make it up as they go. No consistency at all between refs, and often no consistency with the same ref from week to week in how they apply added time.

I had a close look at this a few years back. Basically they just make it up as they go. No consistency at all between refs, and often no consistency with the same ref from week to week in how they apply added time.

Did you have a close look into it after a certain 4-3 loss in season 09/10 :) :)

Of course a United fan thinks the amount of stoppage time was a joke, not the dodgy red card that Villa copped

Did you have a close look into it after a certain 4-3 loss in season 09/10 :) :)
Might have had something to do with it. The same ref that added 7 minutes of 5 minutes added time that day didnt add any extra the following week despite there being two subs in extra time.

I know this will never happen but they could have a shorter time on the clock but it stops each time the ball is out of play.
It would take it out of the hands of the referee and it would get rid of teams time wasting

Chelsea: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Subs: Cech, Filipe Luis, Zouma, Ake, Oscar, Schurrle, Drogba.

Not a fan of a Mkel/Matic CM, but with so many games in a hurry and Ramires not quite right we don't have much of a choice.

C'mon Chels. Must win game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back