2nds Jackson Sheringham signs with the Geelong VFL team

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news, Jub- thanks for that! Sounds like a great bloke - and it's good to see the return of some familiar names!
I think, all going well next year (ie no enormously long injury list), the Cats' VFL team might again be in a position to have a fair shot at another Premiership. (I know I've thought it every year since their last win but THIS time it's different! ;))

Good news. Not quite good enough at AFL level but pushed it very hard. No-one else wants to give him a go he will do well at VFL level and give some help and advice to the younger ones pushing through.

Just another hack would prefer younger options

You are blunt but maybe closer to right, than wrong. Id probably prefer to look at a 20-23 year old that has the potential to use the VFL spot to step as a Rookie/Main list option in a year or two. Considering we have several players that will go soon , and considering the players we already have ... Sheringham will be a very good VFL player for us but give us no look at all for future drafting. I think we were looking at Jez Taylor as well , perhaps for this reason.

He's training with the VFL team but yet to decide if he'll play for them

as I said Jub , looking at him , and he at us. And going by the last time we tried a GoldCoast dropout , he is no iron clad future AFL player...but he is worth at least a look. But so would several others I'm sure. I bet if we had the chance to lock up 1 VFL player like clubs can with FS's we would be looking at more the 20-23 types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are blunt but maybe closer to right, than wrong. Id probably prefer to look at a 20-23 year old that has the potential to use the VFL spot to step as a Rookie/Main list option in a year or two. Considering we have several players that will go soon , and considering the players we already have ... Sheringham will be a very good VFL player for us but give us no look at all for future drafting. I think we were looking at Jez Taylor as well , perhaps for this reason.
Need leaders to train these young kids and point them in right direction, I suppose thats why he on the list.

Silly move give it to someone who actually was on an AFL list for years
Like Troy Selwood? That worked out OK

Not sure why it's a silly move, he is probably the logical choice with his AFL experience

When did troy raidme and Jackson hollmer play afl?
My bad I misread your last post and thought you said it was silly to give it to an ex afl player

It's getting late must be my bed time :D

Good for Shezza. One thing about him he never stopped trying. He best was just not enough to keep him in the AFL grade.

However, as a leader for the VFL side, Im happy with that. If the only thing he imparts is that never say die and repeated efforts till the siren, Id say its a win

Go Catters

Good news. Not quite good enough at AFL level but pushed it very hard. No-one else wants to give him a go he will do well at VFL level and give some help and advice to the younger ones pushing through.
Totally agree, he tried so hard when he did get thrown in @ AFL level.. we could do a lot worse than have him in our VFL team (and isn't it looking killer..?).

Here's to a ripper season Jackson :thumbsu:

I agree with this point. That said there is a lot to say for having a bloke who has been a part of the senior team and what that involves training with and helping out the younger blokes.

I agree with this point. That said there is a lot to say for having a bloke who has been a part of the senior team and what that involves training with and helping out the younger blokes.

Balancing act... helping development V thinking possible future. I trust them to make the call more often than not , and I guess him being asked back indicate them rate him in the role as well being of the right character

Remove this Banner Ad

Back