GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Anyone fancy Tom Hawkins as a free agent next year? Would piss off the rest of the competition so much that we'd become more hated than Sydney & dare I say, Essendon. It'd be pretty fantastic.

Considering we were crazy enough to go after Boyd the way we did, I actually rate Hawkins a 0.5-1% chance of happening.

Rance is probably the one we'll go for though.

Anyone fancy Tom Hawkins as a free agent next year? Would piss off the rest of the competition so much that we'd become more hated than Sydney & dare I say, Essendon. It'd be pretty fantastic.

Considering we were crazy enough to go after Boyd the way we did, I actually rate Hawkins a 0.5-1% chance of happening.

I wouldn't mind the idea of Hawkins and a boyd forward line but reckon we won't be able to afford him since we need to re-sign our young big names.

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Hawkins will be off the market soon enough. No way is he leaving Geelong.
He'd think about it if a club offered 1.2 million a year.

I'd say it's a huge possibility if Geelong get Dangerfield, who will definitely command at least 1 million a year.

Not us though.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

I'd love to upset the apple cart like that again, even if it's not Hawkins. The outrage when we landed Boyd was hysterical.

Do you think Rance is a possibility? I don't think the prospect of success is going to keep him at Richmond, their list peaked in 2013. A nice contract could do the trick.

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd love to upset the apple cart like that again, even if it's not Hawkins. The outrage when we landed Boyd was hysterical.

Do you think Rance is a possibility? I don't think the prospect of success is going to keep him at Richmond, their list peaked in 2013. A nice contract could do the trick.

Prefer Carlisle to Rance TBH. Rance had a pretty good year last year...guess I would like to see him string another great 12 months together.

You'd also think that Richmond have plenty of room left in their salary cap. I can't imagine there'd be too many on top dollar. Cotchin, Deledio, Riewoldt, maybe Martin...

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would 500k be thinking in terms too small?

Think history has shown you pay a premium for a player as a FA. If he's on $500K, then you'd think it would take at least $800K to get him to move.

IMO, not sure if Rance would be worth anything over $600K?

Happy to hear what others think.

Think history has shown you pay a premium for a player as a FA. If he's on $500K, then you'd think it would take at least $800K to get him to move.

IMO, not sure if Rance would be worth anything over $600K?

Happy to hear what others think.
He is one of the best defenders in the competition, and flexible as well.

Frawley is on a rumoured $700k pa so Rance would be worth more on the open market.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Prefer Carlisle to Rance TBH. Rance had a pretty good year last year...guess I would like to see him string another great 12 months together.

You'd also think that Richmond have plenty of room left in their salary cap. I can't imagine there'd be too many on top dollar. Cotchin, Deledio, Riewoldt, maybe Martin...
Oh, absolutely. I'd take Carlisle ahead of most. I'm just not sure we'll be prepared to cough up what Essendon demand for him.

Fair call in regards to their cap, too, but they can be pretty generous on occasion, in order to meet the cap floor. I can see guys like Grigg being on more than they're worth.

Hopefully we can land someone of that calibre, anyway. It'd be nice to have a settled structure at both ends of the ground, for once.

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is one of the best defenders in the competition, and flexible as well.

Frawley is on a rumoured $700k pa so Rance would be worth more on the open market.

Hopefully that sort of coin can change a poor attitude. Didn't look interested in the Melbourne jumper

Top clubs pay less for f.a than bottom 4 clubs.
Yep, true unfortunately - we will want to start climbing the ladder soon given we should be able to take advantage of the 105% rule in 2016

Has Tomlinson re-signed yet? Now that would be a ******* great pick up :p slot him in at CHF alongside Boyd, leave Bonts in the middle, Damnnnn
sadly no why gws would let him go without a major major fight

Gmod23

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Ravens
sadly no why gws would let him go without a major major fight
Pretty sure he resigned with them. Wait for free agency for our next raid there.
As much as I would like another one now, they are going to be raided by other Vic clubs when they don't make finals this year.

Cori

All Australian
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Priority list for next year should only consist of:
Carlisle
WHE
Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back