Timing for 2015 Intra-Club Match - 6:30pm 19th Feb (was "roast, silly time ...")

Are you going to the intra club match?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Nah ... The time doesn't work for me

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Nah ... I'm country Vic / Interstate / Overseas

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Nah ... I'd rather do something else

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going for the free face painting

24_Superpowers.jpg

Fantastic time for a intraclub. I for one cannot wait to attend the beautiful Thursday night in Melbourne.

I think its very harsh to roast the club on the timing of an intra-club match.

It would be fair to roast the timing if it were 4am on a Monday morning or something.

However they have scheduled it during the waking hours for most folks ... Therefore agree, a roast is harsh.

Thread title changed

No real objection from me. IIRC last season the intra-club was played in pretty hot conditions so player welfare and conditioning is the most important and our medical and fitness staff have been right on the money lately so I'll back them until the cows come home - Oh look at that - time to milk!

Anyone else here find it a very funny time to have the Intra-Club game on a Thursday Night.

Why a School/Work Night?

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-12-22/save-the-date-in-2015

Imagine if it's one of those stinking hot 38 degree days Melbourne gets in February!

It's good to hibernate during the still air and scortching hot daytime sun,

And emerge to the balmy early evening and the sounds of the cicadas buzzing, the bird activity ...

... and the lads shouting for the pigskin under lights,

Great streaks of Cyan and Vermilliin reach across the setting summer sky,

The smell of hotdogs and sugar donuts fill the air,

A rumbling old generator powers the dim sim steamer, the contents of the steamer over cooked and falling apart,

There'll be kids running around, too young to be interested in the footy, many rubbing their eyes at half time,

Ed's pearly whites will be working the crowd, he's resplendent in his suit, he's upbeat,

Moore takes a strong mark to the cheers of the crowd,

Freeman kicks a goal for the other team, to more cheers from the crowd,

On that night everybody will be following the same team,

The lads perform,

The crowd dissolves into the darkness, and onto the season ahead,

Everybody is smiling and optimistic,

Magnificent!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be fair to roast the timing if it were 4am on a Monday morning or something.

However they have scheduled it during the waking hours for most folks ... Therefore agree, a roast is harsh.

Thread title changed

Exactly. Considering they have made it at a time that is more accessible for the vast majority of fans (e.g. after work hours), I think we should be toasting the club.

Obviously they can't do it on a Friday or weekend given we play the following Thursday, so I think this is great.

Not your best thread, Dave. But, given your volume, I think it's ok to produce a dodgy one every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY WAS THE ROAST A BAD THING?

Because the timing of the Intra-Club Match is made with the best interests of the players at heart rather than Supporters who live over an hour away.

I think most supporters are happy they can go down after work anyway, Personally I like the timing. Much better than in the mornings and a 9:30 finish allows kids to get home before it's too late

Thread title changed

It is in waking times but I say also people who have Kids that are in Primary School. You don’t want kids up at 10 day before school.

IF you can get there then great but it does Isolate some fans

It is in waking times but I say also people who have Kids that are in Primary School. You don’t want kids up at 10 day before school.

Intra Club matches aren't for the fans though, they are for the players and coaches.

TBH Dave you're not top of mind when Pies do the scheduling

Lucky I'm only 10 mins down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not just me. I was also saying people who have work and have Young Children. Might stop them going

I don't think a 10-12 year old staying up till 10 one weekday will do them any harm, most are prob awake at that time anyway these days

I don't think a 10-12 year old staying up till 10 one weekday will do them any harm, most are prob awake at that time anyway these days

Things must be Different then how My Parents did it. I was in bed at 8:30 and maybe 9:00 at the very latest on a non-school night

If it's much earlier then how are they gonna get to the match anyway? School finshes at around 3.30pm.

Back