Carlton 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he is saying is pre season pump ups from the club mean nothing. Every club is having a great pre season and injury prone players look to be having a great one especially etc.

Why bother bringing this up as an example of why your team will improve and make the finals next year?

I get that you are positive and have belief about your clubs chances next year and that's fine. It's just silly to use pre season positivity coming from the club as a reason. Every club is reeling out the exact same stuff every year.

With Kreuzer, reports are trying to develop him as a forward and I like the idea. Hawks did it with Hale and Kreuzer has good marking ability

With the long run of injuries think the conclusion is, can't allow him to ruck 100% of the game, think 50% is safe option. Least Mike focusing attention on forward setup, I think Henderson will go back if Kreuzer plays forward as will have heaps of Talls and no crumbers

With Kreuzer, reports are trying to develop him as a forward and I like the idea. Hawks did it with Hale and Kreuzer has good marking ability

With the long run of injuries think the conclusion is, can't allow him to ruck 100% of the game, think 50% is safe option. Least Mike focusing attention on forward setup, I think Henderson will go back if Kreuzer plays forward as will have heaps of Talls and no crumbers
Fair enough but to date Kruezer hasn't showed anything to suggest he can be a regular goal scoring forward. He seems very lost forward and although his marking ability around the ground is solid, up forward it rarely ever works for him. Too many times I've watched games with the ball going forward and the crowd yelling KRUUUUUUZZZEEE for him to then drop the mark or get spoiled. It starts to get a little silly.

I don't mind Kruezer and wish him luck with no injuries, it's just I have no confidence in him as a forward. If he can improve in this area and become a David Hale type then that would be great for the blues, I just can't see it happening. Kreuzer has more talent than Hale, however Hale has natural forward instincts. He knows when to lead and read the flight etc. Kruezer has yet to show he has the ability to become this type of player.

Hopefully for your sake he does, IMO he is a pure Ruckman atm.

Yeah I heard from a reliable source that Kreuzer's pre season is the best anyone has ever seen and the hot tip is Carlton will be favourites for the flag come the start of the season if he keeps going. This ain't just normal news people watch this space!!!!

Of course you can be reasoned about it, or stupidly exaggerated. I suppose each to their own.

Yeah, yeah, we all want to be funny but if it was Leuenberger we were talking about things would be different. Right?
Guy is 25 and we haven't seen close to the best of him given he's been injured or just not able to play for almost 5 years now.

No idea what is in store for Carlton in 2015 but we'll be better for having Kreuzer, Henderson, Thomas, Simpson, Docherty, Murphy and Judd, capable of putting in full pre-seasons where that wasn't the case last year.

You'd think when pondering where any potential improvement might come from for the Blues, that players who last year had injury or interrupted preseasons having good runs this year might be a factor worthy of consideration. Of course every club will talk up their preseason, but a player being out on the park, as opposed to not, is about as clear cut an improvement as one could get. A point lost on some it appears for want of cliches and childish exaggerations.

Kruezer was very much a "arms up in the square forward" prior to his knee injuries. He has to learn a lot to become a natural forward.

Agree, way to risky having him perminant ruck with his history of bad injuries, spec ruck related injuries

Only young so still so much potential in him, made me happy seeing him running hard and strong but hope it continues when real business starts

Agree, way to risky having him perminant forward with his history of bad injuries, spec ruck related injuries

Only young so still so much potential in him, made me happy seeing him running hard and strong but hope it continues when real business starts
Yeah. Talented, and maybe could of made a better fist of playing forward if he'd had more continuity in his career. When young guys miss so much football it also slows down their development. It will be interesting to see what Kruezer can become.

Over-rated? Gumbleton was over-rated also having been taken at #2

I don't know and it may be just me but injuries can get in the way of progress.

I was annoyed last year when Carlton didn't make a play for Gumbleton then after the season ended pleased, didn't waste a pick that would have been Giles or Holman

I still feel for Gumbleton but just not destined to play AFL football, bad misfortune

Kruezer was very much a "arms up in the square forward" prior to his knee injuries. He has to learn a lot to become a natural forward.

I actually think he became more like this after his injury. See below for a sample of how Kreuzer played forward before his injury @ 1.05 and 3.23.

I wonder if his knee dented confidence to run and jump at the ball like this, as opposed to parking himself more underneath it.

I was annoyed last year when Carlton didn't make a play for Gumbleton then after the season ended pleased, didn't waste a pick that would have been Giles or Holman

I still feel for Gumbleton but just not destined to play AFL football, bad misfortune

Good lord! :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think he became more like this after his injury. See below for a sample of how Kreuzer played forward before his injury @ 1.05 and 3.23.

I wonder if his knee dented confidence to run and jump at the ball like this, as opposed to parking himself more underneath it.

Funny thing was, when I wrote my post about him never showing any forward craft or ability I was going to say besides 1 game early on in his career over in Adelaide. I remember that game well. Not sure why he has only really showed this once or twice.

As you said maybe he just lost confidence in his body.

As a neutral I'm looking forward to what he can produce this coming season.

Kreuzer reminds me of Josh Fraser.
Both taken at pick 1,
Both had the skills to become a very good footballer,
Both played in the ruck too early in their careers,
Both capable of playing up forward or ruck, but not elite in any position.
Both injury plagued.

Kreuzer reminds me of Josh Fraser.
Both taken at pick 1,
Both had the skills to become a very good footballer,
Both played in the ruck too early in their careers,
Both capable of playing up forward or ruck, but not elite in any position.
Both injury plagued.

Where do you rank Kreuzer in ruck position compared to the comp?

He looked good. I was thinking more 2013 when you tried Kruezer forward and Hampson then Warnock in the ruck. Wonder if he became too heavy to move like that.

Yes. He has a lot to learn and frankly I don't think he's suited to the role seemingly pushed upon him.

His best work will be from a ruck-man who follows up his own ball and moves around the ground for possession.......not plonked in a forward pocket.

The issue with Kreuzer playing forward is that if he's in a tandem with either Warnock or Wood then when Kreuzer rotates in to the ruck then whichever of those two is playing has to go forward and becomes a big liability.

I think it would also cause doubt of whether Casboult can fit in the team. Casboult and Kreuzer/another ruck both in the same forward line seems like a way to have 2 big guys fighting over the same packs and providing little at ground level.

Of course Hawthorn manage with Ceglar/McEvoy going forward when Hale rotates in to the ruck, but they are brilliant in a lot of ways including have Roughy and Gunston as very mobile and flexible marking forwards.

In short I'd much rather go in to most games with Kreuzer and Casboult as the 2 rucks than Warnock/Wood and Kreuzer. The exceptions probably being games where you play a team with 2 legitimate quality rucks but there's usually only a few of them (West Coast, Freo, Port the 3 that jump out).

What about Witts & Grundy compared to Kreuzer both Pies ruck very young playing senior football as rucks

Grundy was playing ruck in the SANFL before we drafted him,
And Witts was drafted in 2011, is 22 yo and weighs 113kgs.
We didn't throw them to the wolves in their first year, they both played a fair few games in the VFL before debuting.

I copied it from another thread.

Thought it was relevant.

It's not and don't do it again. :)

Covered the ground enough times now with the pre-Malthouse era where we tried to do a Geelong and hang onto players.
The principle was O.K. to a point but when you can't couple hanging onto players with development, you're in for a hefty hit...................even Geelong aren't doing Geelong any more.

2012 allowed us very little scope thanks to trade and very little new blood coming in thanks to said players being contracted....Malthouse not happy.
Having turned over half a list in 2 years will have Carlton invariably playing much 'younger" next year onwards..........there's no choice.

Grundy was playing ruck in the SANFL before we drafted him,
And Witts was drafted in 2011, is 22 yo and weighs 113kgs.
We didn't throw them to the wolves in their first year, they both played a fair few games in the VFL before debuting.

I do like both and do see both managed ok, do you think Pies might consider trading 1 of the 2?

Warnock and Wood our back ups but not 100% reliable. Can be good one game then shocking the next and will put more pressure on Kreuzer. Casboult more comfortable forward but good marker which I like but dunno if right combination

Least Pies have Jesse White as backup but hasn't really settled in yet, maybe next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back