Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wasn't sure where to post this and was thinking of posting it after the rookie draft but can see the love for Walsh. Going into the draft he was defiantly one of my favourites. The thing with Walsh is that when you see him play under 18s or train you can visualise him doing all of that at AFL level. He just knows his way around the contest and reminds me a lot of Toby Greene. He may lack hurt, although that won't be his role . Has loads of leadership and really could be gem. Really look forward to seeing how he goes at VFL because I think that if he's good enough to make it he'll show it pretty soon . I wish him well and look forward to watching him closely think you got a ripper here.

blues240z

Debutant
Nov 23, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Ok thanks for the heads up.
Not liking Watson training in defence. He's shown little there over his time there. Think hell be a contributor next year? It's hard to put him in the 22 now where would you fit him?

blues240z

Debutant
Nov 23, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Right. It's very hard to steer away from his 4 goal effort against the dons. I remember going to the game against hawthorn shaking my head. He was worse then shoenmakers.

Right. It's very hard to steer away from his 4 goal effort against the dons. I remember going to the game against hawthorn shaking my head. He was worse then shoenmakers.

Just not as many times though, for lack of opportunity :)

Played maybe one poor game in the VFL all year and beat some seemingly better credentialed AFL players.
One being #21 pick-worthy Stanley. Stanley...pick #21. Sorry, he didn't beat him...........he thrashed him.

blues240z

Debutant
Nov 23, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah
Just not as many times though, for lack of opportunity :)

Played maybe one poor game in the VFL all year and beat some seemingly better credentialed AFL players.
One being #21 pick-worthy Stanley. Stanley...pick #21. Sorry, he didn't beat him...........he thrashed him.

Well this will be Watsons last year to prove I think. Really hope he does. Got alot of talent with that left boot!

Will be down from the country on a vary rare visit and was just wondering if the Jan 7 return date is an open training session, and if so, what time? Checked out the club site but nothing there that I could find.

My first understanding was that the guys would be back on the 5th but was reliably told that it wouldn't be until the 7th.
If you are going to give it a shot anyway, I'd roll up at about 9, tell them that you're a supporter and ask of it's O.K. to have a look.

In recent years, the coach didn't seem to fussed about people rolling up on non-open days but that has changed this pre-season.
Closed means closed and you could easily be asked to move on.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
So annoying. I've got a week off from the 5th to the 12th keen to get down for a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Will be down from the country on a vary rare visit and was just wondering if the Jan 7 return date is an open training session, and if so, what time? Checked out the club site but nothing there that I could find.

Tweet the Club billy and yes thylacine60 they are back on the 7th.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
Thanks Harks, Nothing ventured, nothing gained they say so will give it a shot

If they say no to me I will throw my bike on the ground and have a hissy fit, then eat two kebabs on the way home instead of one due to depression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back