Player Watch 11. Brendon Whitecross

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been really impressed with Whitecross developement over the last three seasons. What ever role/position he is playing in the team, he seems to excell at it quite well. He doesn't really have to many deficiencies in his game. I'm not sure what sort of role he will play in the future, whether he will be used as a utility again like in the past or whether he settles into a permanant position I'm not quite sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he one day becomes a full time midfielder. He has all the attributes to be a quality inside midfielder. An emerging young player with great leadership potential.

And this is what makes him so valuable. I liked him when he played that defensive forward role, hunting down those defenders...

Hi guys wasn't sure where to ask this, but I'm wondering when brendon is likely to return this year. I haven't seen any articles about it, if this isn't the appropriate place for it I appologise

If all things go well, he will be back by Round 10.

I appreciate it, took him in my ultimate footy draft at pick 244 and was scoffed at, until I told them he would likely return mid year.

Sorry to hear about suckling also, hopefully he recovers nicely and can have a big 2014.

Ps. I plan on picking up suckling also as a long term player, picks in the 27th round aren't too hard to give up

How is his knee progressing and when is he expected to be back ??
I spoke to Brendan Whitecross just before the granny this year. He could have played late 2014 but because his particular knee surgery and recovery involved a risk of knee tendinitis a conservative approach was taken and a return in 2015 was recommended. Other than that all is well and he is set to go in 2015

I spoke to Brendan Whitecross just before the granny this year. He could have played late 2014 but because his particular knee surgery and recovery involved a risk of knee tendinitis a conservative approach was taken and a return in 2015 was recommended. Other than that all is well and he is set to go in 2015

Great news. Thanks for sharing.

Would love to see him have a few years of injury free footy to see what he could do.

Have always felt he could take the next step and become a very good player for us.

Great news. Thanks for sharing.

Would love to see him have a few years of injury free footy to see what he could do.

Have always felt he could take the next step and become a very good player for us.

Before he did his first knee injury in 2012, he was spending a lot of time in the midfield and getting plenty of the ball. I think he was averaging over 20 disposals per game and also kicking goals regularly.

Great news .Now to get him a flag. Not that he hasn't been part of the last two.

I h
Before he did his first knee injury in 2012, he was spending a lot of time in the midfield and getting plenty of the ball. I think he was averaging over 20 disposals per game and also kicking goals regularly.
heard he will be used as a rebounding small defender in 2015

I h

heard he will be used as a rebounding small defender in 2015

Just don't see how we'll fit Birchall, Hodge, Stratton, Burgoyne, Duryea, Litherland, Suckling and Whitecross all in the team.

Going to be some unhappy campers or some young guys sitting at BH that need to be getting some AFL level experience...

Just don't see how we'll fit Birchall, Hodge, Stratton, Burgoyne, Duryea, Litherland, Suckling and Whitecross all in the team.

Going to be some unhappy campers or some young guys sitting at BH that need to be getting some AFL level experience...

They'll work it out . Better too many than not enough. I think its well planned . Don't get too technical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bumped into WhiteX (and Cyril) in Melbourne Airport last Thursday night as they were waiting to go to Darwin. They both looked super-fit, spoke to him about the knee, he was happy to chat for about 20min.

Terrific blokes to spend time talking to us...

Can someone please provide insight into where Whitecross is at with his return? How is his trading going and is he right to go and is there any change he will play firsts in the next 6 weeks??

I envision he will play VFL this week and try and work his way into the 1sts, realistically that's a minimum of 4 weeks awayand could be 12+ weeks depending on injuries, form. We are so strong at the minute it's hard to find a possie for him.

I have him on my bench in a Draft League, and with only 4 non playing reserves it's not feasible hanging onto him with Duryea, McDonald (Melbourne) and Johannison (WB) available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back