Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

ManInWhite

Ex ManInWhite
Apr 6, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
MS35's post cut and pasted into a new thread.

So pretty quiet, a few coaches appointed which is always interesting.
Wandin - Brett Fisher, good get
Belgrave - I here the co coach from last season is taking the helm and they keep all the Collins clan
H/Ville - Bryan Cole (google tells me he has coached lots before in Northern League)
Mt Evelyn - Brian Chamberlin doing great things
Olinda - Peter Browne also doing great things
Upwey - Paul Howroyd
Warby - Jason leeds, look forward to this appointment
Woori - Nick tenant - Big set of Kahoonas taking on this job, following Danny's remarkable efforts is a brave effort but good list.
monny - No news??
Yarra Glenn - Sam Hills
Div 2
Emerald - Nothing??
Gembrook - Craig Clarke - Be handy if he decides to pull the boots on, would smash it in Div 2 or Div 1.
Kinglake - Brad Wilkinson (From H/Ville) - Sure to pull a few players in
Seville - not listed - Vinnie ??
Powelltown - Barry Mac
Alex - Lee Rowe
Thornton - Brad Coller
Yarra Junction - Simon Caldwell
Yea - Tom Butterworth

MS35's post cut and pasted into a new thread.

So pretty quiet, a few coaches appointed which is always interesting.
Wandin - Brett Fisher, good get
Belgrave - I here the co coach from last season is taking the helm and they keep all the Collins clan
H/Ville - Bryan Cole (google tells me he has coached lots before in Northern League)
Mt Evelyn - Brian Chamberlin doing great things
Olinda - Peter Browne also doing great things
Upwey - Paul Howroyd
Warby - Jason leeds, look forward to this appointment
Woori - Nick tenant - Big set of Kahoonas taking on this job, following Danny's remarkable efforts is a brave effort but good list.
monny - No news??
Yarra Glenn - Sam Hills
Div 2
Emerald - Nothing??
Gembrook - Craig Clarke - Be handy if he decides to pull the boots on, would smash it in Div 2 or Div 1.
Kinglake - Brad Wilkinson (From H/Ville) - Sure to pull a few players in
Seville - not listed - Vinnie ??
Powelltown - Barry Mac
Alex - Lee Rowe
Thornton - Brad Coller
Yarra Junction - Simon Caldwell
Yea - Tom Butterworth
Emerald have appointed Jason Bek from Moe
Also have picked up a few very good recruits

Any news on player movements? Any big new recruits worth noting? Heard on the grapevine Sam Turner has made the gym his second home to ensure the Healesville boys don't knock his head off come rivalry round.

Any news on player movements? Any big new recruits worth noting? Heard on the grapevine Sam Turner has made the gym his second home to ensure the Healesville boys don't knock his head off come rivalry round.

Whete has turner gone to?

Notes from a few clubs sites

Wandin
2015 WFNC Arrivals
Brad Harvey
- Brad was a Lilydale junior who went to Eastern Ranges and was drafted to Brisbane Lions were he spent 3 seasons. Returning to Box Hill then last season at Lilydale winning runner up best and fairest.
Josh Taylor - Josh join the club as playing assistant coach, Josh comes with a wealth of experience, 28 TAC Games with Eastern Ranges
2001-2003 - 30 senior VFL games with Springvale Scorpions
2004-2010 - 150 games with Hampton Park in Casey FL including 4yrs as captain and assistant coach, 1 B&F and 2 R/U B&F, 3 x team of the year player and 2 years as senior coach.
2011-2014
80 senior games at Emerald FC including all four years as senior coach, Josh took them from wooden spooners in 2010 to a premiership in 2011 - first time to be done in YMDFL history, 1 b B&F, 2 time senior interleague rep, four times senior team of the year, 2 time VCFL representative in 2011 & 2012, VCFL All Australian back pocket 2012, interleague assistant coach 2014, VCFL assistant coach and selector 2014
Josh is an extremely smart, gifted defender, strong and aggressive, magnificent leader and communicator, can play at any end of the ground.
Scott Dwyer - Scott played at Eastern Ranges as a bottom age player at U/18 level, 10 games and made the Vic Metro Rep U18 team. Also competed in schoolboy championships at the MCG winning the titles.
Went on to Box Hill were he suffered a serious spinal injury which kept him out for a couple of seasons, returned to Northern Bullants, then 2014 at Lilydale in the EFL
Tristian Verhoeff - Tristian started at Croydon as captain of the U/19s then seniors and won senior R/Up B&F, he moved to Mooroolbark and played in there 2009 premiership. And was reserves coach and senior player/assistant coach in 2013.
Tristian will be a playing assistant coach at Wandin in 2015 as well.
Mathew Polkinghorne – Mat is a strong hard in and under midfield / forward flank, exceptional fitness, and aggressive ball winning skills, Mooroolbark FC 4 time senior best and fairest, 2009 senior premiership player, 3 years as captain of club, EFL division one representative team player & a 6 time EFL team of the year.
Dylan Taylor – Dylan is 20 years of age, is a small aggressive hard running tough forward, shut down mid, Dylan played all juniors at Mooroolbark FC, winning their Most Determined award in 2004, 05, 09, 10, 12, 13, he also captained Mooroolbark under 19's 2013 to the finals.
Daniel Lemon - Daniel has played the past 10 seasons at Mooroolbark FC winning the 2009 flag. An elusive, quick hard aggressive goal kicking half forward/midfielder, he Captained Mooroolbark’s U19s to a grand final in 2005 and was also a member of their 2013 grand final team.
There are some other young fellas training with us at the moment and I’ll update you further as they sign with the club.
The club would also like to welcome back Ben Wratten, Lee Barker & Sean Raymont who are re-joining the club after a season away in 2014, welcome to all our new and returning players in 2015
WFNC Departures
We have a few guys leaving the club in 2015, so I’d like to announce the following and wish the boys all the best in the future;
Evan Hocking – retiring for the game after a decorated career, good luck Evan in your future.
Nick Handley – returning to his junior club at Park Orchids to finish his career, with work commitments in the city travelling up to Wandin 2 nights a week was not possible so good luck Nick at your old club
Matt Dyer – returning to play in the Geelong League, Matt has succumbed to the travel to Wandin from Geelong 3 times a week and is going to play where he live in 2015, the club wishes Matt all the best and we hope you get time to call up for a look at some time in the future.

Warburton-Millgrove
Welcome to the burra nest Ajit Alister aka jitters
Jitters is an athletic big man/ utility who can play anywhere around the ground.
Jitters first started playing football in Queensland where he represented the Sunshine Coast rep team and also played some games for the Brisbane lions reserves. Since then he has played football in the Canadian football league for Toronto.
He has also played with a few teams throughout Victoria.
The Burras are very pleased to announce that James (jnr) Iacono will be the senior assistant coach for the 2015 Footy Season
Great news that Dylan Gordon has agreed to play for the burras next year
Dylan played 2 games for us last year but we will see him a lot more this year in a burras jumper
Dylan is currently tearing them up in the NTFL for the Darwin Buffaloes.
We also hope u get some of Dylan's mates and cousins to come as well so stayed tuned
It's great when a homegrown returns.... Jye Holden is back a Burra after a year at Mitcham

Monbulk
Troy Armstrong (ruck) has joined the club as a playing assistant coach from Norwood in the EFL. Troy has previously played with Labrador in Queensland and Box Hill.
Robby Savory (FF/CHF) from Heathmont in the EFL
Dave Want (Utility) from Heathmont in the EFL
Matt Smart (Mid) Matt has recently moved into the area and has previously played with East Perth in the WAFL and most recently with the Manundah Hawks in the Cairns league.
Barry O'Brian has joined the club as a playing coach of the reserves. Barry and his family are currently moving into the area from Queensland. Barry has an enormous amount of experience in coaching and playing with stints as playing coach in the Riverina and Wimmera leagues and also with Caloundra in Queensland and will be a valuable acquisition to our club.
Vin Dunstan re-joins us as one of our assistant coaches after leading Seville to consecutive grand final appearances.
Trav Selby who has been our assistant for the last three seasons has moved over to take on our under 18's.

Belgrave
FOOTBALL Coaches
SENIORS: SEAN STANTON
SENIORS ASSISTANT: DAVID COLLINS
RESERVES: RICHARD BROWN
UNDER 18's: JESSIE PEARCE
ASSISTANT: KOLBY KEIGHREN

Healesville
2015 COACHES APPOINTED
SENIORS BRYAN COLE - COACH
Bryan comes to our Club with some impressive credentials. Chairman of selectors at Montmorency Football Club 1990-1993
President of Montmorency Football Club 1991-1993
Senior Coach Montmorency Football Club 2005-2009
Caretaker Coach Montmorency Football Club 2010
Volunteer and Mentor Coburg Football Club VFL Reserves 2010
Senior Coach Greensborough Football Club 2011-2012
Senior Coach Montmorency Football Club 2013-2014

Seville
Seville FNC is excited to welcome Frank Lesiputty as its Senior Coach for 2015.
Frank brings a wealth of football experience. He played under Denis Pagan at North Melbourne, Mick Malthouse at Footscray and was CHB in the Werribee team of the decade. He has vast coaching credentials, some of which include Box Hill, Eastern Ranges and Western Jets.

Significant changes at Wandin. They should be contenders again.

Any news on what is happening at Woori? Very quiet as usual? Has Nick Tennant added any or lost any players?

Upwey would also be due to open their wallet this year? No doubt they would be disappointed with 2014.

I wonder if Belgrave will come under scrutiny from this forum this year? Big spenders, pretty thin on results?

Significant changes at Wandin. They should be contenders again.

Any news on what is happening at Woori? Very quiet as usual? Has Nick Tennant added any or lost any players?

Upwey would also be due to open their wallet this year? No doubt they would be disappointed with 2014.

I wonder if Belgrave will come under scrutiny from this forum this year? Big spenders, pretty thin on results?

Trouble is no one cares about belly

Not sure how much truth is behind it all but out of upwey camp hedge, Heinrich, Davis, gooley and van horn all retired from the game surely not....also backup ruckman currey to Kilsyth on reported $800 a game
Also Liam obrien(ruck) to Knox in efl.

With all the outs frees up the salary cap but good players are hard to did and don't think any one can replace the first names I mentioned all superstars in the own right.

I give monny 2 more years in first div heavily reliant in the same blokes week in week out. Koole wragg ward can't go on forever
A lot of players around late 20s
Recruits haven't brought much youth besides Williams
In a comp that will be neck n neck there able bodies need to stay in the park cause there's not coming through

Belly had a rough year I would've tipped them for top 3 last year
Wouldn't right them off

Years glen up then down older blokes then monny tipping a dry winter there pigsty won't slow teams down as much as they'd hope

Wandin...wow some big names won't have such a slow start I'm betting

Not sure how much truth is behind it all but out of upwey camp hedge, Heinrich, Davis, gooley and van horn all retired from the game surely not....also backup ruckman currey to Kilsyth on reported $800 a game
Also Liam obrien(ruck) to Knox in efl.

With all the outs frees up the salary cap but good players are hard to did and don't think any one can replace the first names I mentioned all superstars in the own right.

I give monny 2 more years in first div heavily reliant in the same blokes week in week out. Koole wragg ward can't go on forever
A lot of players around late 20s
Recruits haven't brought much youth besides Williams
In a comp that will be neck n neck there able bodies need to stay in the park cause there's not coming through

Belly had a rough year I would've tipped them for top 3 last year
Wouldn't right them off

Years glen up then down older blokes then monny tipping a dry winter there pigsty won't slow teams down as much as they'd hope

Wandin...wow some big names won't have such a slow start I'm betting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't worry about Monbulk, they relied on there old warriors in the past and hence struggled in finals on big decks
however with major, mohr,( both very underrated backmen who rarely get beaten) Williams, favrin, Armstrong etc they will be the big movers this year, they have a good mix of old-young, tall-small, inside -outside
they need a bit of luck with there depth but doesnt everybody!
should be another close exciting year with wandin being the yardstick and Belgrave will be interesting to see the turn around after a diabolical year

Avid follower of YV footy but only just registered on here. Follow mostly 2nd so thought i would go with what i have heard and seen on Facebook rumors.

Seville IN: ??
OUT: M.CECERE, J.CECERE

Powelltown IN: G.NEWING, P.SHARP (heard it fell through)
OUT: L.TINDAL, W.GORDON, M.GORDON, M.HORSLEY

Thornton IN: D.WALLACE, J.HERRIDGE
OUT: C.TILLER, D.KING, B.COLLIER (heard his knee was no good)

Junction IN: ??
OUT: ??

Alex IN: ??
OUT: A.COWLSHAW, D.TOOMEY, T.COOK, R.COMB, G.NOONAN

Gembrook IN: C.CLARKE, R.CAUSER
OUT: L.MCCOMB, D.TYRELL

Kinglake: IN: B.WILKINSON
OUT: A.GOODWIN (surely retiring)

Yea IN: ??

Emerald IN: ??
OUT: J.TAYLOR, M.LIVERMORE

Would think that Gembrook would be the big movers with Clarke back and Sev, Junction and Pow idleing depending on Sharp. Thornton might drop off loosing Tiller and a couple of older heads retiring. (Pup and Kingy looked past it last year anyway) Also Alex look to be loosing a heap it might be all of the Northern teams down the bottom this year.

Hopefully that gets things started. A few of those ins and outs need confirming and more to add im sure.

Avid follower of YV footy but only just registered on here. Follow mostly 2nd so thought i would go with what i have heard and seen on Facebook rumors.

Seville IN: ??
OUT: M.CECERE, J.CECERE

Powelltown IN: G.NEWING, P.SHARP (heard it fell through)
OUT: L.TINDAL, W.GORDON, M.GORDON, M.HORSLEY

Thornton IN: D.WALLACE, J.HERRIDGE
OUT: C.TILLER, D.KING, B.COLLIER (heard his knee was no good)

Junction IN: ??

Alex IN: ??
OUT: A.COWLSHAW, D.TOOMEY, T.COOK, R.COMB, G.NOONAN

Gembrook IN: C.CLARKE, R.CAUSER
OUT: L.MCCOMB, D.TYRELL

Kinglake: IN: B.WILKINSON
OUT: A.GOODWIN (surely retiring)

Yea IN: ??

Emerald IN: ??
OUT: J.TAYLOR, M.LIVERMORE

Would think that Gembrook would be the big movers with Clarke back and Sev, Junction and Pow idleing depending on Sharp. Thornton might drop off loosing Tiller and a couple of older heads retiring. (Pup and Kingy looked past it last year anyway) Also Alex look to be loosing a heap it might be all of the Northern teams down the bottom this year.

Hopefully that gets things started. A few of those ins and outs need confirming and more to add im sure.

Good post Cuckoo.

Livermore is still at Emerald, was never going anywhere. I have heard they also have got Ryan Simpson back, the Volta brothers, a young ruckman from Noble Park and a few other handy ins. I was told they only lost Taylor.

Jarrod Dalton already on the move from Wandin. I see a few are on the transfer list from the Kennel to the Ammos; maybe Wandin aren't "amateur" enough!.

Hows the anger management classes going?

My classes are going well, lol Wandin will go OK this year, they have picked up some quality players, and really the few players they have lost they have more than been replaced.

from clearances it appears kinglake have simply moved don rd to lead to kinglake rather than healesville

Not really..mostly twos players. biggest out would be Mende from Hville
M bonuda leaving woori. That would bring a smile to fowkes might get a kick against woori now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back