Other New Patriots Scandal - DeflateGate

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only person who just wants to see an ESPN sports science episode talking about the advantages/disadvantages of a slightly under inflated football?

It's laughable that Bill knew nothing at all for 40+ years about footballs. And then in two days has become an expert at it.
Bill 'games' every single aspect of the game of football, expert at it all, the rule books, what envelopes he can push, jersey manufacture, boots, technology, cameras, hot dogs in the stands, you name it, Bill would have an expert opinion about it, and use whatever data that helps his team to win.

Basically Kraft told Brady and Belichick their press conferences a few days ago were BS, insulting, and to get back out there and make a genuine reply to the media.

Yes it's laughable that it's the #1 news story in the US considering all the other stuff going on in the world at the moment.

I'm not interesting in winning friends, especially someone like you.

Bill and Tom have been backed into a corner, they've only explained their side of the story is all. If you don't believe it thats fine but you can't go around claiming they're guilty until the NFL pins it on them.
The difference is simple. The majority of New England fans have been willing to concede that there lies the possibility that the Patriots may have cheated whereas supporters of teams other than the Patriots, overwhelming appear to reject the notion that the Patriots may not have cheated.

It's laughable that Bill knew nothing at all for 40+ years about footballs. And then in two days has become an expert at it.
Bill 'games' every single aspect of the game of football, expert at it all, the rule books, what envelopes he can push, jersey manufacture, boots, technology, cameras, hot dogs in the stands, you name it, Bill would have an expert opinion about it, and use whatever data that helps his team to win.

Basically Kraft told Brady and Belichick their press conferences a few days ago were BS, insulting, and to get back out there and make a genuine reply to the media.
If he did that, he'd play behind closed doors as lower pressure would help.

Sees poll

After listening to Bill Belichick's impassioned declaration that the Patriots did nothing wrong, do you believe him?
  • 74%
    Yes ... and hopefully this ends the overblown deflation controversy.
  • 26%
    No ... there are still a lot of unanswered questions here.

• SUrprised by the results.

• Realises it's ESPN Boston

They produced one, then removed it from their website.

So the Patriots were trying to do the right thing?
Keep the ball's weight the same for their players by offsetting the added weight fromt he water by losing air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sees poll

After listening to Bill Belichick's impassioned declaration that the Patriots did nothing wrong, do you believe him?
  • 74%
    Yes ... and hopefully this ends the overblown deflation controversy.
  • 26%
    No ... there are still a lot of unanswered questions here.

• SUrprised by the results.

• Realises it's ESPN Boston
Now, here are some results from our ESPN poll: 95% of the people believe Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are guilty. Of course, this is just a television poll which is not legally binding, unless proposition 304 passes. And we all pray it will.

anchor.jpg

I have no doubt the Patriots will be found not guilty. :)

So they are guilty without any proof.

They are still guilty when they present a completely viable explanation without any evidence suggesting it's false.

They are guilty even when third parties advance the same facts regarding ball pressure and temperature etc

And they'll still be guilty if the NFL says they aren't because you know ;)

You seem a reasonable and fair minded individual...

So they are guilty without any proof.

They are still guilty when they present a completely viable explanation without any evidence suggesting it's false.

They are guilty even when third parties advance the same facts regarding ball pressure and temperature etc

And they'll still be guilty if the NFL says they aren't because you know ;)

You seem a reasonable and fair minded individual...

Comprehension not your strong suit I see.

I said....I have no doubt the Pats will be found not guilty.

Meaning...when the NFL/Goodell investigate and conclude their findings it will exonerate the Pats of any wrongdoing.

The way the NFL go about certain things is COMPLETELY AMATEUR HOUR.. :oops::confused: no rhyme, no reason..

I walked away from the AFL for a few years for the same reason with such inept policies that lead to inconsistencies and confusion

Back in day (80's- VFL), the communication lines were open. Media could ask questions that were 'worthy of asking' and we got the confessions straight up.

The NFL is heading in the same direction that AFL did a few years ago… the debacle of the debatable Calvin Johnson rule was always going smack the NFL in the face and that's just one small fracture of many of where the NFL is heading.. the DPI rules never needed to be complicated… the NFL should know that not every game isn't going to be high scoring. It's embarrassing how conflicting '50/50 decisions' have totally made the officials job harder when it doesn't need to be.

This latest deflate-gate saga is another sloppy example of where the NFL is heading.

We all know the FACT: The measurement of ball deflation was detected at HALF TIME.. so why are the officials not notified?

Not a biggee?? ok… so why has this escalated to the mountain of scandal that it's become?? It's F***** embarrassing for all true NFL FANS. I can understand why I'm seeing more meme's about the NFL than ever before. The game is becoming a joke. The management of the game is losing the plot.

Botton Line: HEADS MUST ROLL… start with Goodell.. but before then.. the OWNERS have themselves to blame with 'compromising the game' to making more unwatchable… as it's become in recent seasons. A bad decision RUINS any game, regardless what sport. But the way the NFL explain controversial decisions based on their flawed complicated rules is why it's becoming hard to return as a enthusiastic fan, proud of the product.

As for the Pats.. they're pushing their luck with gaining any respectability (as opposed to credibility) …no wonder the media is pouring the acid thick n' fast. The NFL have got themselves to blame for allowing such things to escalate out of control: (all the talk of Goodell warning the Saints before Bountygate proves this idiot of a commish is a complete numbskull). It's a violent game as it is, what's there to warn when the rules of roughing the passer and block below the knees are already in place??

We're (as fans) SO LUCKY Tom Brady did his knee (of all QB's) otherwise the rule of below the knees hits wouldn't have been looked at..

Poor Carson Palmer.. **2005 Wildcard** DUDDED!! Well done Goodell you blind moron!!

Rant over

Comprehension not your strong suit I see.

I said....I have no doubt the Pats will be found not guilty.

Meaning...when the NFL/Goodell investigate and conclude their findings it will exonerate the Pats of any wrongdoing.

Indeed you did.

And I said you are a reasonable and fair minded individual based on your posts on this topic.

The way the NFL go about certain things is COMPLETELY AMATEUR HOUR.. :oops::confused: no rhyme, no reason..

I walked away from the AFL for a few years for the same reason with such inept policies that lead to inconsistencies and confusion

Back in day (80's- VFL), the communication lines were open. Media could ask questions that were 'worthy of asking' and we got the confessions straight up.

The NFL is heading in the same direction that AFL did a few years ago… the debacle of the debatable Calvin Johnson rule was always going smack the NFL in the face and that's just one small fracture of many of where the NFL is heading.. the DPI rules never needed to be complicated… the NFL should know that not every game isn't going to be high scoring. It's embarrassing how conflicting '50/50 decisions' have totally made the officials job harder when it doesn't need to be.

This latest deflate-gate saga is another sloppy example of where the NFL is heading.

We all know the FACT: The measurement of ball deflation was detected at HALF TIME.. so why are the officials not notified?

Not a biggee?? ok… so why has this escalated to the mountain of scandal that it's become?? It's F***** embarrassing for all true NFL FANS. I can understand why I'm seeing more meme's about the NFL than ever before. The game is becoming a joke. The management of the game is losing the plot.

Botton Line: HEADS MUST ROLL… start with Goodell.. but before then.. the OWNERS have themselves to blame with 'compromising the game' to making more unwatchable… as it's become in recent seasons. A bad decision RUINS any game, regardless what sport. But the way the NFL explain controversial decisions based on their flawed complicated rules is why it's becoming hard to return as a enthusiastic fan, proud of the product.

As for the Pats.. they're pushing their luck with gaining any respectability (as opposed to credibility) …no wonder the media is pouring the acid thick n' fast. The NFL have got themselves to blame for allowing such things to escalate out of control: (all the talk of Goodell warning the Saints before Bountygate proves this idiot of a commish is a complete numbskull). It's a violent game as it is, what's there to warn when the rules of roughing the passer and block below the knees are already in place??

We're (as fans) SO LUCKY Tom Brady did his knee (of all QB's) otherwise the rule of below the knees hits wouldn't have been looked at..

Poor Carson Palmer.. DUDDED!! Well done Goodell you blind moron!!

Rant over

How are the Pats pushing their luck with gaining any respectability? Especially given its increasingly likely they've done nothing wrong?

How are the Pats pushing their luck with gaining any respectability? Especially given its increasingly likely they've done nothing wrong?
People never really respected the Pats anyway, they already hated us. I don't know why people are acting like all of a sudden they hate us.

Indeed you did.

And I said you are a reasonable and fair minded individual based on your posts on this topic.

As I said early in this thread, when all the info comes out, THEN one can objectively critique, analyze, etc, and start making bold statements one way or the other.

But....if I notice BS I'll say so....like I did a few posts back....laughable that Belichick two days ago in PC says he knows nothing about footballs, and makes a mockery of the gravity of the situation...and then two days later comes out and says in two days he's studied everything he could about footballs and is now an expert at it. With a Super Bowl to prepare for no less. One would have to be really naive and blindly a fanboy to believe that nonsense. Belichick knows everything about everything about the game of football (including the football itself being the centerpiece of the game), over 40 years of experience, and is renowned for that, so as to find ways to game the game, push envelopes, even to just celebrate history, or just out of a ferocious hunger for knowledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back