Catch up with Fages on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

I also have a 'no brainer' idea to 'crowify' Adelaide Oval, if any of the people attending the lunch want to volunteer their inbox, I'll send it to you and you can even pretend it's your idea, but I don't want Kochie to steal it so I don't want to post it.

Just say it on here. If it's that awesome and easy that Port take it on first we'll have these posts as evidence.

For my money, we should pay Memorial Drive & Next Gen to paint their War Memorial Drive facing facades Blue, Red & Yellow

Just say it on here. If it's that awesome and easy that Port take it on first we'll have these posts as evidence.

For my money, we should pay Memorial Drive & Next Gen to paint their War Memorial Drive facing facades Blue, Red & Yellow

I don't mean to tease, but it's something that will only work for night games and we don't have one till half way through the season, port have 2 before us. It's something that would cost the club probably less than $500 and would make a big impact. We may know where the idea came from, but the wider football public would just say the AFC copied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually in that first article, he was referring to the need of Port to stop treating their supporters like customers, and to actually respect them. Sound familiar?

On another topic, that second article mentions that Port have a former World Anti Doping Agency employee on their board. You would think that she is all over the Essendon scandal, and she would have had a big say about whether or not it was safe to to recruit Ryder

Actually in that first article, he was referring to the need of Port to stop treating their supporters like customers, and to actually respect them. Sound familiar?

He says the previous regime was "a bit disrespectful to customers", he doesn't say anything about not calling them customers, if that was his attitude he would have said "a bit disrespectful to members and supporters"

Supporters stay even when they hate the product.

Customers are free to shop around. If you think you're just a customer, why don't you try a different company... Like Port?

Never not once ever considered trying Port. Personally though for someone to go from supporting one Club to following another and hating the previous they supported, speaks volumes of the character of that person.

I may get upset and disappointed year after year but it would take something massive for me to stop with the Crows. Given I could never see that realistically happening, the thought of trying Port makes me nauseous to say the least.

Supporters stay even when they hate the product.

Customers are free to shop around. If you think you're just a customer, why don't you try a different company... Like Port?

Members have a say in how things are run
Members have a sense of ownership
Members can hold employees ultimately to account

Members might not strictly be exactly the same as customers, but who says we're members anyway? :p

Ask him why the official crows supporters group is called 'The Crows Supporters Group', shouldn't they be called 'the 19th man'? The sea hawks don't have an 'official Seahawks supporter group' and 'the 12th man' they just have 'the 12th man'.

Tell him to follow the Bulldogs lead and get someone witty to write the banners (the Bulldogs use comedian Danny McGinlay), Someone like Fitzy or Crow supporting Comedian Justin Hamilton.

I also have a 'no brainer' idea to 'crowify' Adelaide Oval, if any of the people attending the lunch want to volunteer their inbox, I'll send it to you and you can even pretend it's your idea, but I don't want Kochie to steal it so I don't want to post it.
Drop it on me mate.

Maybe not for the intitial discussion..........BUT something needs to be said to Fagan about our home jumper. Just saw it being worn in the flesh it is horrid.

It can be understood that the lead time for BLK to get their design is was well before his appointment. However it needs to be changed. The hoops are as far from being hoops as they every have been and for no real reason other than a mistake in the design process (IMO) where BLK have seen the gap caused by previous jumper manufacturers with their mesh down the side.

Would be nice if this can be fixed and the next BLK jumper includes a hoop design.

Thats called brand loyalty.
It's why Afc crowds hardly drop off in tough times compared to....

Having said that we have been taken for granted but it appears that is changing under the new administration, except notso.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back