Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

And he knows he has a lot to work on.
He talks about the things that are his deficiencies with clarity. He's very tough on himself.

Other than awareness there's not much wrong with his game, good contested mark and loves running into packs hard. We lack those players so he's going to be very important in the future.

When your team gets beaten by 100 anything you do wrong is going to look a whole lot worse than it actually is, combined that with nothing really going right for anyone. For a guy who's barely played in the last 2 years he's showing there's certainly things to look forward too. Perhaps some of the comments and analysis of his game has been partly the result of the performance of many of our draftees this season. Its been a bit of a rarity to have the amount of first year players come into a side and look as assured as they have.

Well,,
That's the Christmas break over again! Taking Nick to the airport tomorrow. Great to spend a few weeks with the whole fam together for Christmas and New Years.
Nicks really keen for the season to come and loving the competitiveness of the group leading up to the start of the real stuff.
Reckons everyone is training very hard and there's a real Buzz!
Reckons it will hot up more yet!!

Hey guys, stab in the dark here but Nick needs a rental house to move into.
If any of you guys know of a home available, preferably a 4x2 with a bit of a yard for his Dog (mid size dog and not a barker)
Has a room mate willing to move in with him
As close to cooparoo as possible or I spose range 20 mins from Gabba??
He's looking with an agent atm but any suggestions I'll pass on
Thanks very much.

Hey guys, stab in the dark here but Nick needs a rental house to move into.
If any of you guys know of a home available, preferably a 4x2 with a bit of a yard for his Dog (mid size dog and not a barker)
Has a room mate willing to move in with him
As close to cooparoo as possible or I spose range 20 mins from Gabba??
He's looking with an agent atm but any suggestions I'll pass on
Thanks very much.

I'll message a friend of mine who may still be looking for a housemate around the area. I believe she said it was 3 bedrooms with a backyard. Will shoot you a pm if I have any luck. They're around Nicks age as well.

I'll message a friend of mine who may still be looking for a housemate around the area. I believe she said it was 3 bedrooms with a backyard. Will shoot you a pm if I have any luck. They're around Nicks age as well.
Thanks very much but was after a house rather than room as Tineka or the rest if his family will stay with him when they come over
He also has his dog
Thanks very much though

Got woken up 1:30 am Saturday morning to a loud yelling, thought one of the boys was having a nightmare or something worse!! Jumped out of bed, kicked the dresser (nearly broke my toe) to find Nick standing in the hallway!!
Was a great surprise to have him fly home for the long weekend and celebrate Australia Day with us!
Gone back now ready for training Tuesday.
Definitely noticed some kgs in his chest and core since this pre season.
Was a great weekend for us!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he stays fit he will play a lot of games this year.
would be tough gig getting into the senior side with the inclusions of Beams, Bundy and Robinson. Hard to tell what position they are grooming him for though but I would expect as an inside midfielder that could spread. He has the body but will take a bit of time to gain the knowledge of positioning and reading of the game as to when and when not to spread, hold his position to block/slow down opponents rebound, or to run defensively and chop off opposition inside 50 etc. I think if he gets 4-6 games this year he would have done well. With AFL experience he will adjust to the speed of the game and his decision making will improve dramatically. All it takes is a few good games strung together at AFL level and he may just cement his spot in the team but getting that first game is the hard part.

He will be the inside monster we need and I think he is competing with Robinson for a spot, on talent I think Nick is ahead. Keep in mind he was really highly rated before his final year before getting drafted. His ceiling is high and we should be looking to get games into him. 8 games last year and I think he will play a lot this year. The big improvement in this side is in Robbo, Cutler and McStay and those guys taking the next step.

Very slight Hammy strain. Had scans, light duties for a week or so.
No tears.
He was a little annoyed as he'd been saying it was a little tight for a few weeks but was falling in slightly deaf ears.

Not really good enough by the club, pretty disappointing to hear.

Robbo 18 on a lighter note I have heard a rumour here in Bendigo that either you or your wife had a meeting with Margaret Court in her office in her church and not being a tennis fan you didn't know who she was and just casually said to her on seeing her trophies "Do you play a bit of Tennis do you" to which Margaret casually replied "yeah i do a litle"

Is this a true story?

Surely there are tests they perform that will show these things if a player feels something is not right. Very happy it is not a tear.

IIRC, Geelong had in place just such a program some time ago- maybe they still do.

I believe the Cats pinched it off one of the major overseas football games, and it apparently had a very good outcome for them with much reduced soft tissue injuries.

Maybe someone here has a better recollection than me.

Robbo 18 on a lighter note I have heard a rumour here in Bendigo that either you or your wife had a meeting with Margaret Court in her office in her church and not being a tennis fan you didn't know who she was and just casually said to her on seeing her trophies "Do you play a bit of Tennis do you" to which Margaret casually replied "yeah i do a litle"

Is this a true story?
Wow!!! My lovely is laughing her head off! Cannot believe that has spread so far! Btw it was her not me. I know who our national sporting champs are in most sports!! Lol lol

Wow!!! My lovely is laughing her head off! Cannot believe that has spread so far! Btw it was her not me. I know who our national sporting champs are in most sports!! Lol lol
I heard it from Bruce Claridge here in Bendigo who I believe you used to know. Is it true Margaret very humbly replied 'yeah I do a bit'.

Also has Margaret given Nick any sporting advice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back