2015 Royal Rumble

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the Ending was Lame. Reigns throws out both Show and Kane and then they just back in to do a Beat Down and then the Rock comes out to make the Save. Seemed like a Normal Match Finish.

Also Rusev coming in and then just get’s Speared and Thrown out just like that. That should of Gone a bit longer and make it look like Rusev nearly Eliminated Reigns before he got Eliminated.

Don’t Mind Reigns winning and interesting how they try and get Reigns over with the Crowd but the Ending was a Shocker

The word thing about Reigns winning is that we're supposed to buy the Roman Reigns can beat Brock F***ing Lesnar! You just know Reigns is going over clean as a whistle at Mania. Lesnar with his "broken ribs"... Think it's a coincidence that Roman's finisher is a Spear? You have Brock Lesnar, A guy who kicked out after 3 consecutive Attitude Adjustments tonight, a legit UFC champ who despite being utterly destroyed tonight and hit with about 50 finishers still looked like an unstoppable beast and most importantly the guy who defeated Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak as the guy who gets beaten by Roman Reigns. Horrible. Remember Goldberg v Lesnar? This will be WORSE.

Hey - I buy it more then Bryan beating Brock

Heyman turning on Brock for Big Show was over a decade ago.
I never watched WWE back then. But I thought they did an angle similar to this ages ago. Heyman being with someone, ditching them at the end of the match for someone else. Must've had a different thought. Oh well.

Hey - I buy it more then Bryan beating Brock
But the thing is at least Bryan is capable of working a great match. Look at Brock vs Eddie from No Way out as well as vs Punk from Summerslam recently to see how they could successfully book that type of match. The Reigns match will just be flat out bad. I can guarantee that if they keep it how it is, and Reigns goes over clean, it will easily be one of the worst Mania main events in history. And I don't even dislike Reigns. Actually, I feel sorry for him. Vince thinks he's setting him up for glory, but he's utterly setting him up to bomb.

But the thing is at least Bryan is capable of working a great match. Look at Brock vs Eddie from No Way out as well as vs Punk from Summerslam recently to see how they could successfully book that type of match. The Reigns match will just be flat out bad. I can guarantee that if they keep it how it is, and Reigns goes over clean, it will easily be one of the worst Mania main events in history. And I don't even dislike Reigns. Actually, I feel sorry for him. Vince thinks he's setting him up for glory, but he's utterly setting him up to bomb.
The more people talk about it the more I smell a Wrestlemania cash in

Because people "knowing" it will "bomb" more than two months out won't affect how they perceive it on the night at all...

I never watched WWE back then. But I thought they did an angle similar to this ages ago. Heyman being with someone, ditching them at the end of the match for someone else. Must've had a different thought. Oh well.
You might be thinking of Heyman turning on Punk in a MITB match.

We have not seen a Match Between them before. How can you be so sure it be a Shocker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why do "the crowd" love Bryan then?

Because he earned his spot at the top the old fashioned way by toiling & climbing his way there, improving his skill sets over a period of time until the point they ultimately chose to on their own.

Not because he was awarded some poxy award that said 'this is the best guy in the company, you will like him' straight after not working for 3 months for example.

I think people can connect with that because that's how real life works. The common man has to work for his achievements whereas the dude who gets the undeserved promotion over others in the work place because he/she is the boss's pet rarely gets the respect of his peers

i wasnt expecting bryan to win and i'm not disappointed he didnt. as long as he gets a good story heading in to mania and has a great match i'll be happy. even if it is against sheamus, at least itll almost certainly be a great match. we got DA MOMENT last year and i was there to witness it so i'm content.

but thinking about the mindset of the company (and it goes beyond just bryan and reigns) its really mind boggling. they have a guy who is insanely over everywhere they go (not just a couple of smark hotspot cities who love him because hes an "indy darling"), a guy who got a bigger pop than the rock making a surprise return, and it appears that rather than pulling the trigger on him being THE man theyre pushing him aside for the designated golden child for no apparent reason except its what theyve planned on doing for some time.

i dont see why they feel the need to push reigns hard right now anyway. hes still pretty young, he aint getting any worse over the next 12 months and at this point (and this has been obvious for a while now) its pretty clearly not a 'strike while the iron is hot' situation.

maybe we'll end up with a similar story from last year with bryan (i'd sooner put money on tom brady being suspended for the superbowl) or maybe we might get heel reigns v face lesnar. but man, if they try to run face reigns vs heel lesnar its going to be brutal and a clear display of how out of touch the company (namely vince) is. as an aside, just letting my mind wander further down the road for a minute, heel reigns vs face bryan at summerslam is certainly something i would be behind.

and ftr, when hes not cutting terrible, unnatural scripted promos (the blame for which should go on the company, not him), i dont even mind reigns. i dont have a problem with them setting him up to be THE man in the future. the problem is how blatantly theyre forcing it now, when i (and lots of other people, including some guy named steve austin) really dont think hes ready for it on any level. ultimately, and i hope this isnt the case, but i wouldnt be in the least bit surprised if it works out far worse for him in the longer term.

Not taking anything away from guy's like Bryan but Roman still has to work hard, yeah he hasn't been around as long as anyone else but it doesn't mean he doesn't work hard and improve his skill set.

Because he earned his spot at the top the old fashioned way by toiling & climbing his way there, improving his skill sets over a period of time until the point they ultimately chose to on their own.

Not because he was awarded some poxy award that said 'this is the best guy in the company, you will like him' straight after not working for 3 months for example.

I think people can connect with that because that's how real life works. The common man has to work for his achievements whereas the dude who gets the undeserved promotion over others in the work place because he/she is the boss's pet rarely gets the respect of his peers

he's one of them.

Just to be clear, I wasn't questioning or doubting Bryan's overness, just questioning this assertion that he's over because of "the crowd".

If the crowd in the arenas isn't seeing the crowd at the arenas, beyond those around them (because they're in the arena, not getting a panoramic view on TV), who's influencing them? Bryan, his opponents, and the bookers, that's who.

And unless this is all some genius angle that was 'always' planned, ala Bryan 'always' being part of last year's main event, where someone earns a match against the champion and the bosses pet and goes over it will most likely cause further dissatisfaction with Reigns.

mywxox.gif

but thinking about the mindset of the company (and it goes beyond just bryan and reigns) its really mind boggling. they have a guy who is insanely over everywhere they go (not just a couple of smark hotspot cities who love him because hes an "indy darling"), a guy who got a bigger pop than the rock making a surprise return, and it appears that rather than pulling the trigger on him being THE man theyre pushing him aside for the designated golden child for no apparent reason except its what theyve planned on doing for some time.

Think about it this way - Bryan doesn't need the title to get or be over, whereas winning the title "legitimises" Reigns.

i wasnt expecting bryan to win and i'm not disappointed he didnt. as long as he gets a good story heading in to mania and has a great match i'll be happy. even if it is against sheamus, at least itll almost certainly be a great match. we got DA MOMENT last year and i was there to witness it so i'm content.

i dont see why they feel the need to push reigns hard right now anyway. hes still pretty young, he aint getting any worse over the next 12 months and at this point (and this has been obvious for a while now) its pretty clearly not a 'strike while the iron is hot' situation.

maybe we'll end up with a similar story from last year with bryan (i'd sooner put money on tom brady being suspended for the superbowl) or maybe we might get heel reigns v face lesnar. but man, if they try to run face reigns vs heel lesnar its going to be brutal and a clear display of how out of touch the company (namely vince) is. as an aside, just letting my mind wander further down the road for a minute, heel reigns vs face bryan at summerslam is certainly something i would be behind.

and ftr, when hes not cutting terrible, unnatural scripted promos (the blame for which should go on the company, not him), i dont even mind reigns. i dont have a problem with them setting him up to be THE man in the future. the problem is how blatantly theyre forcing it now, when i (and lots of other people, including some guy named steve austin) really dont think hes ready for it on any level. ultimately, and i hope this isnt the case, but i wouldnt be in the least bit surprised if it works out far worse for him in the longer term.
Agree fully. I like Reigns, can see him being massive, but I see this as blowing the load to early. If it doesn't connect, and signs aren't good, it will be ages before he truly goes over and even then the luster would have worn off due to going so early.

As someone who only watches WWE wrestling, it was so awesome to see Bubba Ray Dudley back. What's it been, 10 years?
I really hope he sticks around on the active roster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back