News 'Angry' Adams after more responsibility (latest: fined for being drunk in public)

Remove this Banner Ad

They normally don't unless there is a reason, so to defuse someone else, keep a publican happy, or to make a point to the person that something they are doing is not acceptable they may.

Could also be a police officer who knew him and had a grudge or that they were disgruntled because they could've made the AFL if it wasn't for their dodgy knee or something :p

He wasn't arrested, he was given a fine for being drunk in a public place. Idiot Herald Sun writer has just thrown the 'arrested' in there to make it sound newsworthy.
You can be arrested for being drunk in a public place and these days they can give you a penalty notice rather than the old days where it went to court. (Usually that was just a matter of the charge being read in court and the defendant being convicted and discharged.) The fact that they chose to give him a penalty notice suggests to me that if there was anything more to it, it was probably pretty minor and not worth getting too fussed about

They normally don't unless there is a reason, so to defuse someone else, keep a publican happy, or to make a point to the person that something they are doing is not acceptable they may.

Could also be a police officer who knew him and had a grudge or that they were disgruntled because they could've made the AFL if it wasn't for their dodgy knee or something :p
Na he chose collingwood over geelong , it's all a big jealousy fine :)

Hey guys sorry for the intrusion. I was talking to someone who knows Adams personally and he told me Adams was targeted by a bunch of bogan they all got kicked out Adams got pinched. No cut lunch were thrown.
It would probably be best if this kid kept away from Geelong at night to many hero heads wanting a shot at the title so to say.

To be fair ...

... I've found that sometimes athletes get blotto very easily - can't seem to handle their booze as well as mere mortals.

Of course that's a generalisation - I don't reckon I'd stand a chance in a boat race against Swanny.

Hey guys sorry for the intrusion. I was talking to someone who knows Adams personally and he told me Adams was targeted by a bunch of bogan they all got kicked out Adams got pinched. No cut lunch were thrown.
It would probably be best if this kid kept away from Geelong at night to many hero heads wanting a shot at the title so to say.
Musta been blues supporters out of town for the night ... sorry couldn't resist.

That does sound a very good chance, That some Tools towards Adam’s and trying to Stir up Trouble.

Though it shows that why AFL Players sadly can’t go out at night in Public

I have to admit, that's embarrassing. Still, daisy is a man of good character.
I'd rather have Tay drink a couple too many than have him doing the s**t that Thomas gets in to behind closed doors.

Isnt that 3 times now police hav been involved now with adams. However minor it probably is, kid has to grow up. Talks about being a leader yet he is going out getting pissed on the weekends. Now u might say hes just doing what a lot of people his age are doing, but im sure they are not on 300k plus a year being a professional athlete.
Not good enough

Its interesting. People often bring up the he can't be a professional athlete doing that kind of thing but in reality he can. There is a difference between what allows a player to perform on field and what the public expects as professional behaviour.

For example Ben Cousins was able to perform taking all sorts of drugs for years. It never affected his on field performance. So his fall from grace was all about the image.

Like wise in Soccer players often behave far far worse than AFL players yet get paid far more and get bothered less by the media.

So basically in this case you would be arguing against the image he is projecting of collingwood rather than his failing to commit himself to his playing career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Venues really should look after name patrons.

At the very least, it's in the venue's own best interest.

What? Seriously can you get an on the spot fine for being tanked? What a fantastic revenue raiser that will be.

Well, the nation's vertical fiscal imbalance isn't going to fix itself, ya' know...

That does sound a very good chance, That some Tools towards Adam’s and trying to Stir up Trouble.

Though it shows that why AFL Players sadly can’t go out at night in Public

Yeah.. it is really bad timing though..from what I've heard Adams is a ripper kid who has every intention of getting the most out of himself.
He was chased by nearly every club comp. But you guys have offered him a very nice contract with the possablities of leadership bonuses, very appealing to him. Also he already had a relationship with Buckley.
I think it's up to him now. He would no what kind of rep he has down that way. He would know what he has to do in the future to reach his potential.

I'm no prude but even at 21 I knew the right from wrong, I also knew that if I had a high profile I'll work even hard to stay out of trouble, this is his 3rd time, how many more times are we going to use his age as an excuse? Didn't see Bucks, Pendles, etc doing the same at an early age.

TBH I'm not worried any more about players indiscretions, we'll always trade them for a good pick or another player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bucks had his fair share of interesting moments. He and some other players stole a few golf carts and crashed a couple during a night out at Gary Perts 30th during his first or second year at the club, he wrote about it in his Autobiography:
"Late in the night, milling around the bar, I discovered that the room keys also started the ignition of the golf carts. It gave me an idea - a stupid one. Three or four of us decided to take the carts for a spin around the course in the dark. One of the carts slammed into the side of a bunker and caused some minor damage, one cart was left in a bunker and another rolled down an embankment in the dark. In the morning, unsurprisingly, our exploits came to the attention of the golf-club management." He went on to write about how he copped a lashing from Shaw and also how the media got wind of it and absolutely took him and the whole club to the cleaners, reporting how the club had completely demolished the golf course, showing footage of areas that were being renovated and claiming that they were damages caused by drunken players.

He also wrote about the incredible pressures of being a player that high expectation is put upon, and some of the effects it can have on someone so young. Just to quote Bucks about his time at Brisbane:
"In Brisbane, there was more than one occasion at training when I'd be running hard and calling for the ball and, without warning, tears would start streaming down my face. I did my best not to sob and tried not to break down. It happened four or five times in my debut year... I had this fierce desire to succeed, felt a massive pressure to perform and endured constant external scrutiny that came with off-field dramas. I had no real coping mechanism then and must've locked it all away inside until these times at training when all the anxiety and pressure was released."
He goes on to say that at the time there weren't sports psychologists at the clubs like there are now, but it gives you an idea of why they're so necessary (and that Tays will probably be having an extra few sessions with ours.)

Voss goes on to say: "There was enormous pressure on Bucks on various fronts... the self-induced pressure...He was only a kid of twenty, twenty one, just trying to get a handle on being the next massive thing in football."

Anyway, without getting into writing much more of this freakin' essay that I'm starting, Tay's shouldn't be hung out to dry over this incident, he copped a hiding for the incident at GWS, the second incident was a noise complaint about a house party for his 21st and in response he turned the music down, nothing to shocking. It's not like he's on ice or anything... *cough*Cousins*cough*. The kids got a bright future, and I'm willing to bet he'll learn from this.

Should read Bucks' bio by the way... good read.

Yeah.. it is really bad timing though..from what I've heard Adams is a ripper kid who has every intention of getting the most out of himself.
He was chased by nearly every club comp. But you guys have offered him a very nice contract with the possablities of leadership bonuses, very appealing to him. Also he already had a relationship with Buckley.
I think it's up to him now. He would no what kind of rep he has down that way. He would know what he has to do in the future to reach his potential.

When I had my Photo taken with him on Friday he did come across as a Nice Kid and I has been said he is Training the House Down at Lexus Center but something like this can do some damage to Respect that he has Built up over the Pre-Season

Players get paid good money to be full time athletes, playing the game that the love.

They always train hard and watch what they eat to get the best out of their bodies in order to stay competitive. After games they begin their recovery sessions to ensure that their bodies are good to go for the next training sessions before the next game. It is totally counter productive for them to consume alcohol at any time during their careers. Why train and diet, just to take a few backward steps to get on the turps? No matter what age these guys are, if they wanna be the best at what they do, they have to make some sacrifices. A professional footy player should have a contract that stipulates a no alcohol clause for the duration of their contract. No matter what time of the year it is. If everyone on our list gave up alcohol, stuck to their diets, and trained hard, we'd be the fittest team by far, and that would put us in a much better place to challenge for the flag. That's the goal for our club, isn't it?

Players get paid good money to be full time athletes, playing the game that the love.

They always train hard and watch what they eat to get the best out of their bodies in order to stay competitive. After games they begin their recovery sessions to ensure that their bodies are good to go for the next training sessions before the next game. It is totally counter productive for them to consume alcohol at any time during their careers. Why train and diet, just to take a few backward steps to get on the turps? No matter what age these guys are, if they wanna be the best at what they do, they have to make some sacrifices. A professional footy player should have a contract that stipulates a no alcohol clause for the duration of their contract. No matter what time of the year it is. If everyone on our list gave up alcohol, stuck to their diets, and trained hard, we'd be the fittest team by far, and that would put us in a much better place to challenge for the flag. That's the goal for our club, isn't it?

Thats just ridiculous though. In the end its a job. Sure a job that many people would love to have but a job non the less. You cannot in ANY job stipulate perfection as a requirement. Where do you draw the line. No eating a piece of cake which adds to skin folds? How about no driving a car in case they are in a career ending accident? Why not add that instead of a christmas break that they keep training everyday of the year as that can only help?
What you are asking for is for every professional athlete to act exactly like the most driven champions do. Its not realistic.

Its interesting. People often bring up the he can't be a professional athlete doing that kind of thing but in reality he can. There is a difference between what allows a player to perform on field and what the public expects as professional behaviour.

For example Ben Cousins was able to perform taking all sorts of drugs for years. It never affected his on field performance. So his fall from grace was all about the image.

Like wise in Soccer players often behave far far worse than AFL players yet get paid far more and get bothered less by the media.

So basically in this case you would be arguing against the image he is projecting of collingwood rather than his failing to commit himself to his playing career.

I see what your saying, but he is a young player who has proved nothing yet. Just want him to giv himself the best possible chance to succeed.
That would be good for him, collingwood and us supporters.

When I had my Photo taken with him on Friday he did come across as a Nice Kid and I has been said he is Training the House Down at Lexus Center but something like this can do some damage to Respect that he has Built up over the Pre-Season

I think he will be ok TD.. His only a young kid and from what I've heard he not rat bag type kid. I think it's just a few growing pains. I'm sure the club will talk to him about the desicion making off field. But more then that I'll think he would realize going out at night in Geelong with his sister and mates getting on the piss was never going to end well.

Sounds like a day in the life of a primary school kid. Except cut lunches might literally be thrown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back