Lightweight Joe Lauzon vs. Al Iaquinta

Middleweight Thales Leites vs. Tim Boetsch

Welterweight Jordan Mein vs. Thiago Alves

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Women's Bantamweight Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann

Middleweight Ed Herman vs. Derek Brunson

Flyweight Ian McCall vs. John Lineker

Middleweight Rafael Natal vs. Tom Watson

Post predictions/thoughts/general banter here.

I'll start off by saying this is the most underwhelming main card in a long while. A middling Welterweight v The former Middleweight champ with nothing to fight for doesn't inspire me, having said that, it will probably deliver, alot of guys that should consider themselves lucky to be on a PPV main card.

Yeah, pretty average card following a couple of stacked ones. Hoping for a Silva flashy TKO.

Lauzon is always fun to watch though and I really like the look of McCall vs. Lineker way down on the prelims.

How does this become a numbered event?

Silva wins he gets a shot. Kevin wins he's likely next or 1 fight away.

The rest are only fillers, unless Taters gets another shot.

Am only getting this to watch Lauzon. Im pretty nervous for J-Lo though. Iaquinta has the right tools to finish him. If you are getting this for the main event then you got sucked into the UFC marketing. Diaz is just a warm up for Silva, Anderson wont even get tested.

How does this become a numbered event?

Silva wins he gets a shot. Kevin wins he's likely next or 1 fight away.

The rest are only fillers, unless Taters gets another shot.

Only because Silva's return. Would have been great to surround it with some better fights but eh, I'll be watching like everyone else. Silva by TKO round 2.

I'll be watching, but that's not a surprise... I watch every card.
Really looking forward to the Alves/Mein and Woodley/Gastelum fights while Silva/Diaz, McCall/Lineker and Lauzon/Iaquinta should be fun. Other than that, I'm not overly interested.

Am only getting this to watch Lauzon. Im pretty nervous for J-Lo though. Iaquinta has the right tools to finish him. If you are getting this for the main event then you got sucked into the UFC marketing. Diaz is just a warm up for Silva, Anderson wont even get tested.

All of Iaquinta's losses have been by sub and Lauzon's always going for subs, so he's not without a chance. If he can't take Iaquinta down though, he's in for a beating.

I actually really like the main card. I guess it could be better if a prelim or two were on the main card instead of one or two fights that are actually on the main card. I don't really care about that as I'd watch all the fights that are on the main card if they were elsewhere on the card anyway. Even though I like the card, it'll do really good PPV numbers pretty much solely because of Silva/Diaz.

Silva/Diaz is great, even if it ends up being Silva going out there and destroying Diaz.

Woodley/Gastelum is two top welterweights going at it. A Gastelum win would push him right up into the upper echelon of the division.

Lauzon/Iaquinta should be a fun fight in the most stacked division, although it could get a bit sad if it gets really one-sided.

Leites has been really good since he returned to the UFC and Boetsch is coming off a big KO win over Tavares. Without looking at the rankings I'd say both these guys are top 15 middleweights, so should be a decent scrap.

I love the Mein/Alves fight. One word describes it perfectly, 'violence'.

McMann/Tate is interesting and important for the division, but could be boring. Lineker/McCall is a great fight and likely nets the winner a title shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelvin 10 pounds over, what a joke. Apparently the fight is off:

Lineker 5 pounds over.

Was just reading that. How the hell do you come in 9 pounds over ?
Fight will still go on

Was just reading that. How the hell do you come in 9 pounds over ?
Fight will still go on
his missed multiple times and considering when he was on the ultimate fighter he was a "small" middle weight, his obviously doing something very wrong in camp... maybe trying to come in as big as possible to utilise his wrestling. either way, kelvin just put himself two fights away from a title shot at best

his missed multiple times and considering when he was on the ultimate fighter he was a "small" middle weight, his obviously doing something very wrong in camp... maybe trying to come in as big as possible to utilise his wrestling. either way, kelvin just put himself two fights away from a title shot at best

I dont' recall him missing by anywhere near this much though, so my immediate thought was that he's sick and unable to cut the weight. I'd imagine the final weight part of the weight cut would be from around 180-185lbs, so it's like he's been unable to do that at all. Whatever has happened though, it's really disappointing for two guys with title aspirations to miss weight in showcase fights.

I dont' recall him missing by anywhere near this much though, so my immediate thought was that he's sick and unable to cut the weight. I'd imagine the final weight part of the weight cut would be from around 180-185lbs, so it's like he's been unable to do that at all. Whatever has happened though, it's really disappointing for two guys with title aspirations to miss weight in showcase fights.
is he still with Dolce ?

I want Anderson to win, I think he'll win and the fight's stylistically perfect for him, and yet I'm not that confident he'll win. I think Diaz will fight just as he always does and he won't be diminished at all after the break he took. Anderson's coming back from a serious injury and he's nearly 40. I just don't know what to expect from Anderson.

I was probably going to pick Gastelum prior to the news that he went to the hospital and then badly missed weight. Now I can't see him winning. Don't know if it's the wisest decision to let this fight happen to be honest.

Nope, and I don't think the split went well either. Not quite as bad as the Rampage split, but not good.
Yeah kelvin called dolce too expensive and must have said a few things after coming in overweight at fight night 44. Didn't return kelvins call before UFC 180

Remove this Banner Ad

Back