2015 Royal Rumble

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll say it again, the crowd had every right to s**t on the rumble match, what was worse that there wasn't a whole lot of 'rioting' as there was apathy. It wasn't so much what they did but how they went about it.

Didn't bother me that Bryan was eliminated but surely its an awesome opportunity to get a young heel over with some heat with the crowd, like BNB? Or even a heel returning Orton to 'get revenge' from last year leading to a match at WM31? I honestly can't remember how he was eliminated.

And the casual meek elimination by two over the hill guys that although good servants got nothing out of an elimination the way they did?

Feel sorry for Reigns too, I hope the E don't give up on him if it turns to s**t, but there was no shock value, no cool swerve. It was poor lazy and just spiteful booking to stick it up the hardcore fans because at the end of the day the youngins will only remember the finish.

That being said, the direction NXT is going, gives me hope that guys Rollins, Zayn, Bryan and Itami/Kenta will be norm when Trips truly takes over.

Vince is just like that s**t coach that was once good but you want to see the prick sacked as you hold him responsible for the thing you love that you know can be run better, just need to be patient. :)

Rock should be thinking "Hmmm, this reminds me of when I was boo'ed as a face in early 1997..."
Inb4 Reigns becoming one of the most popular WWE Superstars of all time.

Die Roman, Die?

Unfortunately Reigns doesn't seem to have 1/100th of the charisma The Rock has.

Die Roman, Die?

Unfortunately Reigns doesn't seem to have 1/100th of the charisma The Rock has.

Jehri-curled face Rocky Maivia didn't have 1/100th of the charisma The Rock has, either.

Reigns gets girls screaming just by appearing. It's a good base to work with in that department.

Didn't bother me that Bryan was eliminated but surely its an awesome opportunity to get a young heel over with some heat with the crowd, like BNB? Or even a heel returning Orton to 'get revenge' from last year leading to a match at WM31? I honestly can't remember how he was eliminated.

Bray Wyatt is a young heel, and he eliminated DB...

Vince McMahon and WWE officials were surprised at the level of fan backlash over Roman Reigns winning the 2015 Royal Rumble, reports Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

The WWE had expected some backlash and had prepared for it, however the boos for Reigns’ win was far beyond what anyone envisioned. “They panicked early, they changed a few things,” Meltzer states.

“Dwayne was not happy,” he adds.

The Rock was utilised as a means of getting Reigns some cheers. He hit the ring to celebrate with his Samoan cousin, but it failed to turn the tide and the boos continued to come. Rock was visibly surprised and later fluffed a promo in the WWE Network post-show. It says something when the greatest talker of all time is thrown off his game by the fan backlash. Reigns was meant to be a babyface hero, but the WWE crowd were incandescent at Daniel Bryan not being given the Rumble victory.

Despite Vince McMahon’s surprise at the ferocity of boos, he will not be changing course on the long term plan for Roman Reigns Vs Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. The fan resentment is the same as last year, the feeling is that Daniel Bryan deserves the main WrestleMania spot. The immediate backstage reaction is that Bryan will not be added to the Mania 31 title match. Meltzer states that “Vince feels that it would be a repeat and gone to the well one time too often.”

In some ways, you have to understand where the WWE are coming from. Bryan’s big moment from WrestleMania 30 will never be replicated. He would have made a compelling number one contender, but it was never going to be like last year. In Roman Reigns they have a star who could become a much longer term investment, and the feeling was that they needed to gamble on “making him” at this year’s Rumble. That gamble looks like it hasn’t paid off.

Wyatt also got dumped like a wet sack of s**t by two old men.

Yeah, but the point is, DB got dumped in the exact manner that made sense, and what Ryz was crying out for indeed happened.

Was thinking more a guy that needed more of a rub than Bray but point taken.

Well according to some Bray was "being buried" by winning in the main event of the last PPV, and winning his feud against one of the hottest faces in the company (Ambrose), so you know...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but the point is, DB got dumped in the exact manner that made sense, and what Ryz was crying out for indeed happened.

Well not really, what more are you going to get out of Wyatt eliminating Bryan? Wyatt isn't exactly the 'I eliminated the big babyface' promo cutter. Was just convienent that they have a short history with each other. Add to the fact not much was really made of it or built up to the elimination.

In Roman Reigns they have a star who could become a much longer term investment, and the feeling was that they needed to gamble on “making him” at this year’s Rumble.

this is what i dont get. why not run with bryan for as long as they can this year while the iron is hot, let everyone get the BRYAN!!! stuff out of their system, make every last cent they can out of his schtick and go with reigns next year? hes not going anywhere, hes only going to get better and he (probably) wouldnt get booed out of the building.

I love how WWE defenders will just be like "you're mad that Bryan didn't win" when it's more that we're mad that the WWE has decided to shove what they want down our throats and are shocked that people are rejecting it.

Here's a list of who would have been better received besides Bryan

1) Ziggler
2) Ryback
3) Ambrose
4) Mizdow
5) Wyatt
6) Cesaro
7) Wade Barrett
8) Jack Swagger
9) Rusev

Counting Bryan, that's a third of the rumble. I mean holy s**t, there is a ready made story for Ziggler or Ryback to win. Hell, there'd be one for Ambrose if Rollins had won.

Well not really, what more are you going to get out of Wyatt eliminating Bryan? Wyatt isn't exactly the 'I eliminated the big babyface' promo cutter. Was just convienent that they have a short history with each other. Add to the fact not much was really made of it or built up to the elimination.

You can easily build a feud from here. Doesn't just have to be based around the Rumble elimination, either.

this is what i dont get. why not run with bryan for as long as they can this year while the iron is hot, let everyone get the BRYAN!!! stuff out of their system, make every last cent they can out of his schtick and go with reigns next year? hes not going anywhere, hes only going to get better and he (probably) wouldnt get booed out of the building.

Because they didn't make him or something?

Vince doesn't want to have another triple threat main event this year because they did one last year. But having Rock vs Cena twice in a row was all cool with him

Or Taker/HBK and Taker/HHH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back