2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
A bit of a shocker with Mike Richards being waived.

Surely he is still good enough to remain in this league. His defensive skills are still very good. I would probably take him over Travis Zajac

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
A bit of a shocker with Mike Richards being waived.

Surely he is still good enough to remain in this league. His defensive skills are still very good. I would probably take him over Travis Zajac

$5.75M per season until 2020 is a bit too much for a fourth line plugger. 15 points for the season, only one goal since Nov 22nd. No sane general manager is going to acquire that contract. The Kings should have bought him out last summer.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Can they bring Mike Richards back up in the playoffs?

Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Salary cap doesn't apply in the post-season, so I could see them going down that route...provided they actually make the playoffs. I assume he wouldn't need to clear re-entry waivers on his way back up.

FedEXFalls

Losing makes you grow
Apr 25, 2011
A few years ahead
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Melbourne Ice
Another two points for the Canadiens via their goaltender. Just a lazy 40 saves tonight. Habs back up to second spot in the Wales.

Another utensil tease of a game for Stars fans. One of about 6.

The Jamie Benn goal was so good and we almost pulled it off a second time.

Best part of the day is that Val Nichushkin is finally skating again.

Kakkle

Cancelled
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
This is true.

Can someone give me the run down of what Waivers actually are? Like a dummy guide. I see the word all the time. Is it kind of like a delisting of sorts?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Can someone give me the run down of what Waivers actually are? Like a dummy guide. I see the word all the time. Is it kind of like a delisting of sorts?
Basically for any player who isn't young, it is the only way of sending them to a different league, majority of the time it is the AHL. Except of course for conditioning stints for players who have missed a fair amount of time. If a team claims them off of the waiver wire, then they pick up his contract as if he was traded to them for nothing. Previously when a team wanted to recall such a player they had to put him in re-entry waivers which meant if someone claims him they only pay half his wage. However that is no longer part of the CBA

AFL example would be if you dropped an older player back into the VFL - before he could play for your VFL team any other AFL team league could just take the player and add him to their playing list so long as they are willing to pay his salary.

It would allow scrubbers like Brock McLean to get game time by being passed around from club to club as their need arises.

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not going to bother watching Rangers games against the Islanders, Lightning or Bruins anymore. ****.

Too much of this?

B8bpaO4IcAAskv6.jpg

Kakkle

Cancelled
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Thanks guys!

I don't even need to look at the Foxtel guide to know that Hawks/Kings game will be on Foxtel.

Back