AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah I know. Didnt it sell out in about 12 minutes.

But there is no overflow of SACA members who can attend the game. That area will be all seated.

I reckon it will be about 50-51k

Going to be an interesting experience the India V Pakistan game. The crowd will be fairly different to what most of us are used to. Can't wait.
I read on the cwc site that for this game that only 8000 tickets were sold to South Australian residents, 40,000 tickets went to overseas or interstaters!

The Western stand tonight was fuller than any Footy game from last season. They were standing 10 deep on level 1 all the way along.

Don't forget the SACA has 30000 members and they could all buy 2 guest passes each and could bring as many kids under 10 as they want.

The Riverbank stand was massively over full too, there were people standing in the disabled areas on level 5 and people sitting in the aisles by the Top. I hadn't seen it that full up there before.

Its awesome to knock the tealsters off and to also say that I was there for the biggest cricket crowd in 147 years of Adelaide Oval.

They may push the record for the In v Pak game but probably not due to the members having to buy tickets, so it won't be oversold. It won't be beaten for the Aus QF, as there are still 3/4 of the tickets up for sale as you cant even buy a ticket in the top deck of the Eastern stand yet.

Was the most packed I have seen Adelaide Oval since the redevelopment. People sitting on stairs in eastern stand, apparently the same case in the members. Makes you wonder if cricket can get 52k+ with sight screens what crows/port are doing in terms of overselling tickets.

attachment.php
Judging by the background and the lack Magpie memorabilia, it kinda looks as if it could be a couple of your esteemed posters holding a press conference outside AO.

Trying to convince the cricket crowd that SACA should keep their grubby hands off the income from last night as the SANFL needs it for grassroots footy? :D

And you reckon they aren't pissed about it over on the other board

Just spent a few minutes reading their response, expecting a chuckle. Ended up wondering if there are enough grief counsellors or anger management experts in the north-west suburbs of Adelaide. Alberton is surely the conspiracy theory/underlying hatred capital of Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CA going alright aren't they? Tests and Big Bash off the chart.

ODI's boring but tired format, only there due to Indian tv revenue they generate
Some broader issues though like Micky Arthur as coach & homework-gate... & then there is scheduling of games - including taking away Australia Day from Adelaide Oval - which is un-Australian!

Pricey ticket too, was $30 to see Malaga

I have the feeling that will be bargain basement compared to what we're going to get stung to see Liverpool.

Nine Live are running the event (who normally do music concerts), and their premium packages are on par with some packages you get at concerts, so I'd be surprised if the cheapest ticket is pushing $100.

I was thinking $60-70 to stand on the hill, but yes.

On the other hand there are a lot of Liverpool fans in Australia, and most of them either spend $5000 going to see them at Anfield or never get to see them at all, so to a large segment $100 for a seat is going to be something they're willing to pay.

Have been to Anfield and also saw them play against Melbourne Victory at the MCG, but I'm definitely considering going over to Adelaide to see them again. Just never know how many chances you'll get to see them. Plus I can make it a double header and go to the Showdown the day before. Was planning a trip to one game for next year, can kill two birds with one stone this way. Though I would prefer to see an actual Crows home game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back