Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Over night Chelsea was 2-0 up in the 4th round of FA cup ie final 32 - against Bradford City a League One side which is the 3rd tier of the English football system, and lost 2-4. The Special One gave a special post match interview with Sky - where he called his team and players a disgrace, said he did his job but the players didnt, but praised Bradford and said that is the beauty of football - and the English FA Cup system. The 5 minute interview is in the you tube clip below but 2 Special minutes form the official post match presser is embedded about a 1/3rd of the way down of The Daily Mail story linked below. Under that video in the story is a table of the cost of the players paid in transfer fees. Chelsea paid $200,000,000 v Bradford City paid $7,500 - that right$7,500 most of the players Bradford got for free.

Can anyone see Kenny giving a presser or interview like the ones by the Special One. :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-s-shock-FA-Cup-defeat-Bradford-disgrace.html

Edit - found the presser video embedded in The Daily Mail Online story

Last edited:
I enjoy his pressers, except for the ones where he speaks about my team.

I find this quote from his Porto days pretty funny now that he has been in charge of two of the richest clubs in the world.
I understand why he (Alex Ferguson) is a bit emotional. He has some of the top players in the world and they should be doing a lot better than that.

You would be sad if your team gets as clearly dominated by opponents who have been built on 10% of the budget.

Yeah I'm a bit suss about these FA Cup scores. Because not only did Chelsea get beat, so did Manchester City, and so did Southampton. Manchester United was held to a draw by Cambridge United.

That's like Port, Hawthorn and Fremantle all losing to SANFL/VFL/WAFL level sides or worse on the same weekend (Palace aren't really top level competition). If that happened here I do think eyebrows would be raised.

I think that the fact is that the FA Cup isn't a priority for the clubs chasing the EPL title or the Champions League qualification, and they don't mind dropping these games at all but can't say so publicly because of the outrage it would cause their fans and sponsors. However their actions speak volumes.

Nah it's way way way more plausible than the nearly impossible scenario of any AFL team losing to a state league team.

Soccer you can have 30 shots to 1 and still lose, due to a number of factors like inaccuracy, excellent goalkeeping and opposition playing 10 men behind the ball.

Can't happen like that in the footy since its way easier to convert and use momentum to capitalize on the scoreboard.

Top clubs definitely care, the FA Cup is only second to the league title for domestic trophies. Major trophies are nothing to scoff at - hell, someone made a website solely dedicated to counting the days since Arsenal's last trophy to mock them and it had 'only' been about 9 years.

Last edited:
I liked Ferreira but he was rather injury prone & didn't start as often as he/we would've liked when fit, will be interesting to see how this new guy can slot in might shape our season either way.
Agree, his pace was a real asset when the ball was played to him but, as you say, injuries have curtailed his season.

Looks like this new boy has some pace as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Palanca

Socceroos score after 2 minutes 46 seconds. Get a corner 3 defenders go to Cahill to stop his header but goes over their heads - Sainsbury is free mid goal and heads it to the bottom of left hand side of goal. corner was from the right hand side of pitch. Haha Tim Cahill playing decoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davidson scores at 13:55 with left foot drive from edge of box in line with left post. Pretty sure like Sainsbury ita his first goal for the Socceroos. That's the 10th goal scorer for oz this tournament. 9 singles and 3 to Cahill. Once again 3 went to Cahill but got a pass to Leckie whose shot was save by the keeper but he didnt hold it, dug ojt by Luoggo backwards and Davo swoops onto it.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...e-backroom-staff/story-fnk9bq39-1227199952557

Newcastle Jets crisis deepens with sackings of five senior players and three backroom staff

THE bloodletting at the crisis-torn Newcastle Jets has claimed five senior players, including ex-Socceroos David Carney and Joel Griffiths, with embattled owner Nathan Tinkler responding savagely to the club’s disastrous season by making mass sackings.

In the biggest upheaval at a club in A-League history, Tinkler terminated the contracts of Carney, Griffiths, captain Kew Jaliens, midfielder Billy Celeski and defender Adrian Madaschi following a meeting with head coach Phil Stubbins in Brisbane.

Also shown the door in the wake of last weekend’s 7-0 drubbing at the hands of Adelaide and a record of just one win from 15 matches this season was assistant coach Clayton Zane, strength and conditioning coach Andrew Packer and goalkeeping coach Neil Young.

Stubbins, who has been the man under the most pressure over the past week, enjoys strong support from Tinkler with his position under no threat.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...e-backroom-staff/story-fnk9bq39-1227199952557

^^ Must be a world first when due to poor performances, players get sacked instead of the coach. Someone must really know how to work the sallami

Remove this Banner Ad

Back