2015 Player Movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Blayne Wilson has officially signed with South Fremantle after being delisted by West Coast. Cale Morton has also quit Perth and is heading back to Victoria.

Julian Locantro: Ex East Perth midfielder and small defender. Julian played some EP League Games in 2014
Matt Piggott:
Ex Peel tall defender/forward.
Jeff Carter: Ex Peel medium tall defender, forward.
Baldave Singh: Played Amateurs last year and is a tall, mobile Ruckman.
Kieran King: Played League in 2012 and 2013 at EFFC. Had a break last year from EFFC, but has seen the light again and returned.
Alex Howson: Ex EFFC and Fremantle Rookie listed player returning. Alex is a tall, quick forward. He also played CHB in the State 18s for WA prior to being drafted.

These guys all training with the Sharks. Heard Daniel Kerr is also training but cannot confirm.

Julian Locantro: Ex East Perth midfielder and small defender. Julian played some EP League Games in 2014
Matt Piggott:
Ex Peel tall defender/forward.
Jeff Carter: Ex Peel medium tall defender, forward.
Baldave Singh: Played Amateurs last year and is a tall, mobile Ruckman.
Kieran King: Played League in 2012 and 2013 at EFFC. Had a break last year from EFFC, but has seen the light again and returned.
Alex Howson: Ex EFFC and Fremantle Rookie listed player returning. Alex is a tall, quick forward. He also played CHB in the State 18s for WA prior to being drafted.

These guys all training with the Sharks. Heard Daniel Kerr is also training but cannot confirm.

Cheers for the update andana. King was an East Fremantle junior as well and spent a year with Brisbane Lions in 2011 IIRC.

Singh is an interesting one. Don't know anything about him to be honest but I'd be interested in his progress in 2015 and if he is playing senior WAFL or not.

Do to getting whiteanted before on trying to recruit talls to the club the Sharks now have a group of young guys that they hope will be up to wafl standard.

EF we have a number of promising young ruckmen who should ensure we are well catered in the Ruck for many years ahead. Jack Fletcher, Cam Symonds, Jake Solomon and Baldave Singh represent a Ruck group who we can develop.

Claremont have the following players returning for 2015.

Beau Maister , Ian Richardson, Tom Swift.

New players to the Club are.

Olive Tate ( VFL Premiership defender mid North Ballarat ).
Haydn Busher from...... Perth.
Toby Plant ( Port Melbourne)

Thought Lewis Stevenson might go back as well?

Thought Lewis Stevenson might go back as well?

I thought he may be a chance to return as well, whilst not quite AFL standard he was a very handy WAFL player.

However and I am only speculating on this BUT the players in the SANFL earn a lot more than their WAFL counterparts.

I thought he may be a chance to return as well, whilst not quite AFL standard he was a very handy WAFL player.

However and I am only speculating on this BUT the players in the SANFL earn a lot more than their WAFL counterparts.
Just done some googling, and he's actually playing NEAFL for Sydney Uni this season

- George Hampson has quit Subiaco, citing an increasing rift between he and the club's football department, including coach Jarrad Schofield. East Fremantle are leading the race to sign Hampson with West Perth and South Fremantle also in the mix.
- Michael Florio has left the Demons to play amateurs.

- George Hampson has quit Subiaco, citing an increasing rift between he and the club's football department, including coach Jarrad Schofield. East Fremantle are leading the race to sign Hampson with West Perth and South Fremantle also in the mix.
- Michael Florio has left the Demons to play amateurs.

Really interesting RE: George Hampson. He's done what he wanted at Subi in winning a flag. Hopefully he lands at Shark Park. Could definitely use a player of his quality and experience.

Can't say I know alot about Michael Florio's game but not suprised he has gone back to Amateurs. Don't think he was on an AFL clubs radar and might be a case of not being able to commit to the icreased training load required at WAFL level.

Can anyone confirm for me if Paul Bevan has left the Demons to return to NSW as well. Heard whispers that he is coming back to play/ coach at a NEAFL club

Really interesting RE: George Hampson. He's done what he wanted at Subi in winning a flag. Hopefully he lands at Shark Park. Could definitely use a player of his quality and experience.

Can't say I know alot about Michael Florio's game but not suprised he has gone back to Amateurs. Don't think he was on an AFL clubs radar and might be a case of not being able to commit to the icreased training load required at WAFL level.

Can anyone confirm for me if Paul Bevan has left the Demons to return to NSW as well. Heard whispers that he is coming back to play/ coach at a NEAFL club

Yep Paul Bevan has definately left the footy club and headed back to Sydney.

- Three months after signing a contract with West Perth, Kepler Bradley has left the Falcons to head to Claremont. Bradley was to take up a job in the Falcons District but the funding couldn't be secured so he has decided to move to the Tigers.

Very disappointing news about Hampson, it's a shame things couldn't be sorted out. He'll be a big loss for us this season.

Can't say I know alot about Michael Florio's game but not suprised he has gone back to Amateurs. Don't think he was on an AFL clubs radar and might be a case of not being able to commit to the icreased training load required at WAFL level.[/QUOTE]

Florio is 24 next month. He spent some time on the radar of a few AFL club's earlier in his career but obviously isn't right at the moment. I'm surprised he has left the Demons considering he was one of their better players each week and is a solid WAFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- The WAFL will be telecast on Channel 7 for the next three seasons after the WA Football Commission secured enough funding to see 18 home and away matches plus finals telecast statewide. The competition will be known as the McDonald's WAFL Premiership Season with McDonald's as the competition's premier partner and naming rights sponsor along with three other major sponsors in AHG, reiwa.com and TABtouch. AHG will be the naming rights sponsor for the WAFL Mark of the Year, the new award WAFL Rookie of the Year and also the WAFL Finals series. The WAFC is contributing $100,000 with the nine WAFL clubs to chip in $8,000 which is normally each club's marketing subsidy. The WAFC is also confident of securing a fifth sponsor to help further subsidise the $1 million it takes to broadcast the WAFL for the entire season. Telecasts will occur at every WAFL venue but will not be every week with only 18 games plus finals planned.
- Former Brisbane and Richmond player Todd Banfield has broken his tibia at Swan Districts' training and will be out for at least four months.
- After a year off, former Port Adelaide defender Michael Pettigrew has signed with West Perth for 2015. Pettigrew missed out on the Falcons' premiership in 2013 before spending 2014 away from football.
- Peel Thunder has signed former GWS Giants and Perth utility Gerald Ugle.
- Subiaco will not play a one-off game against Norwood in March this season after plans to secure funding partners failed. The game was to be held in South Australia but has now been cancelled as funding could not be arranged.

Olive, Busher, Plant

Hmmmmmm

Shame about Hampson leaving Subiaco. Have heard from another player that an underlying tension with Schofield came to a head when he took exception to being punished for wearing a previous years training singlet... If true that's a disappointing way to leave immediately after being a premiership hero, surely cooler heads could have prevailed on both sides.

Can anyone give me some info on Jordan Mills ( west Perth I think ) local club in NEAFL picked him up good player ?

I see he only played reserves grade but he may have been held out by a WAFL gun?

Shame about Hampson leaving Subiaco. Have heard from another player that an underlying tension with Schofield came to a head when he took exception to being punished for wearing a previous years training singlet... If true that's a disappointing way to leave immediately after being a premiership hero, surely cooler heads could have prevailed on both sides.

Be interested why we couldn't retain Hampson. Very disappointing.

had a talk to a subi player this week.
been rifting for a while, common knowledge in the ranks.
allegedly he was on some camp and midway through said he couldn't do anymore once it got too tough, everyone cracked the shits.

Players leaving

Sam Fong Sydney Uni NEAFL
Jordan Law Sydney Uni NEAFL
Josh Barty Ainslie NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back