Push ups and sit ups

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Mad, have you tried TRX pushups with the hand grips around 300mm from the ground, and trying to dip down as far as you can go.

Even tougher is set the grips at the same height (or lower as its harder) as a Fitball, and put your feet on the ball and do some pushups.
No I haven't but I will for sure they look good.

IMO people chose weights over burpies, push ups or boxing at high intensity because that's the easy option.

Not many people could pump out 20 push ups or 10 burpies, but according to most on this forum there easy and you don't achieve anything from them.

talk about a blanket statement...if you're after actual max strength and hypertrophy gains then once you can 20 push ups you have to move to something else - which means wts or some other implement

and tell what does 20 push ups and 10 burpees do? like what do they actually do the body and how do they do it?

talk about a blanket statement...if you're after actual max strength and hypertrophy gains then once you can 20 push ups you have to move to something else - which means wts or some other implement

and tell what does 20 push ups and 10 burpees do? like what do they actually do the body and how do they do it?
They strengthen your pecs, delts, tris, bis, abs, obliques & quads so that's a full body work out!

Core work helps with living, I've seen a million body builders who can't even put in a good days work!

IMO people chose weights over burpies, push ups or boxing at high intensity because that's the easy option.

Not many people could pump out 20 push ups or 10 burpies, but according to most on this forum there easy and you don't achieve anything from them.

Well really it depends on your goal. Any idiot can go out and do 100 burpees, 200 pushups and 200 situps every day and they'll get tired, but what are they achieving? For a lot of people doing this isn't going to align with their goals.

This is a good blog from the Dockers high performance manager which can sum it up a bit.

http://www.oldbullfitness.com/blogs/old-bull-training/12231537-survival-of-the-fittest

I hope they know a good microsurgeon if one of those bottles slips.

A couple of challenging push-up variations I've learnt over the years, from reading about the training regimes of athletes - finger push-ups (support yourself on your fingers, instead of flat hands, to really work your forearms, from Dirk Nowitzki) and chair push-ups (place your hands on two folding chairs, to really stretch the pecs, or support your feet on a third chair, to really get a deep stretch, from Brock Lesnar).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of challenging push-up variations I've learnt over the years, from reading about the training regimes of athletes - finger push-ups (support yourself on your fingers, instead of flat hands, to really work your forearms, from Dirk Nowitzki) and chair push-ups (place your hands on two folding chairs, to really stretch the pecs, or support your feet on a third chair, to really get a deep stretch, from Brock Lesnar).
Interesting that so many on here bag the push up and I bet nun of you look like Brock Lesnar!

Interesting that so many on here bag the push up and I bet nun of you look like Brock Lesnar!

I'd imagine none of us have a practical reason to look like Brock Lesnar, either.

That being said, I'm roughly the same height and weight as him (I'm 6'4", 125kg, to his 6'3", 130kg). I'm not as muscular, obviously (his lats and traps in particular are ridiculous), but I'm no fatty, either.

Yeah so this is what you posted. Of course that's a piss easy task for anyone with even basic fitness that isn't obese.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back