MnLdbqh.gif

Igloo
You're a bad person.

Stripple

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
You will honestly twist anybody's words to suit your argument won't you?

Dean Ambrose winning the Rumble wasn't even my point, at all, but I'll bite.

He main evented those two shows, true. But it's obvious that WWE didn't want the focus to be on him. In Hell in a Cell, he got distracted at the end by Wyatt and lost to one of Wyatt's signature moves. Not his finisher, his signature. Nobody loses to people's signature moves. At TLC, he lost to an exploding TV. Name me another main event wrestler that would lose to an exploding TV? Or to a hologram?

He is an afterthought at the moment for WWE. He's the guy where they think "Hey let's send Ambrose out now, he'll get a good pop." Honestly, apart from TLC, Hell in a Cell, and his ambulance match, tell me one segment he was involved in in the past 3 months that wasn't absolutely ridiculous.

As for why he should have won it, or at least he was a possibility, they could have repaired the damage. Make him go absolutely crazy. And not funny crazy, but serial killer crazy. Have him bring charis in and start killing people, tossing people over the top rope at will. Have him win the whole damn thing, and cut promos about how Brock is a monster, but he's not afraid of monsters. He's fought monsters before and he's come out on top and Brock is just another guy in front of him that he needs to chop down to get to the top.

Have a crazy match at WM. No holds barred, just go all out. Ambrose wins. Rollins comes out, curb stomp, cash in. Rollins/Ambrose feud continues, now for the title.
Money. Plain and simple. That makes money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Haha what an event! I LOVED IT MAGGLE!!

Only watched two matches, don't want to watch the rest because that will ruin it for me.

The triple threat was pretty good. A bit overbooked at the start but it helped set up or a pretty compelling story. The finisher fest was a bit much but it was all done in the name of making Lesnar to look unbeatable. Very good match. The highlight was when Lesnar caught Rollins off the top rope into the F5.

Rumble started slow but in the name of building up Wyatt it was worth it. Hopefully they can turn him around from here.

I called the early Bryan elimination weeks back and it was good to see they went with it. Bryan looked good and hopefully he and Wyatt can finish off their fued maybe.

Pissed myself laughing at the way Ziggler was picked up and tossed over the top like the bitch he is.

And ofcourse I'm pleased Reigns won. I don't give a * what the smarks in Philly think, the majority of casual and wrestling fans want Reigns and that's the way it should be.

We're getting the biggest, baddest heel of the last 15 years going up against the newcomer who looks great and is just as tough. This is what wrestling should be and it will make for an awesome main event.

If you were expecting the American Dragon to be in the main event then your watching the wrong promotion.

Some of the comment here are pretty funny. You think Reigns is being shoved down our throats yet you wanted the exact same ending to wrestlemania that we got last year? Surely people can't be that oblivious to the hypocrisy.
I thought the majority view was that we just didn't want Reigns, and not because we don't like Reigns. It's that we don't want to be told "Here is the new man. Cheer him dammit!" It was poor how the crowd turned, but chuck Wyatt or Ambrose for example. as the winner and the crowd would have been fine. It was also the ending that was a massive problem. Send out the two guys hated by everyone because nobody wants to see them, get them eliminated by the guy they want to succeed. Then bring out one of the greatest wrestlers to put him over, which was pure desperation.

But honestly, Reigns would have been a better choice last year. Ignore all the who should have won bullshit, and Reigns rumble this year wasn't that great a showing. Last year, he was a god in the rumble.

Where's Raw today? If it's not smarky it'll be very interesting to see his reaction.

Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Raw has been cancelled today due to weather

If Taker comes back for Mania i genuinely have no idea who he will face. From here i can see some clear matches being established.

Lesnar vs reigns
Triple H vs Sting
Cena vs Rusev

There is so much talent that do not have a clear direction for the next few months i am very worried that there will be some last minute things put together and it will be disappointing

I am amazed that Filthy Sanchez can still claim that the majority of fans wanted Reigns to win. Amazed. #cancelWWEnetwork was the number 1 trend IN THE WORLD last night. A poll on Facebook, the home of the casual fan, had 7k people saying they enjoyed the show to 29k people saying that they didn't.

It's now obvious that you're only here to troll. You've jumped the shark.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Despite not wanting Roman to win, i'm not fussed, and kind of happy, that Bryan didn't win it. We saw his whole "road to redemption" story last year. I like seeing something fresh. I know this year it would have been a bit different coming off an injury and getting the title he never lost back, but still, a chance for something new will always sit right with me at least a little bit.

I hated the crowd reaction. Hated it. What, are we never going to have a Rumble winner people will be happy with unless Bryan wins one first?
Of course, that's not taking into account the incredibly stuffed up Big Show and Kane scenario that happened, which was the worst thing about the whole show.

I hope Reigns proves a lot of people wrong and has an awesome feud with Lesnar. I think it'll all end with Rollins as champ at the end of the day anyway, which will be awesome, but a "sink or swim" kind of deal with a guy like Reigns who a lot of people deem not ready, who obviously already works hard, has a good chance of being pulled off well, imo.

I dont really mind Reigns, the only reason I didn't want him to win was because it has been telegraphed that that's what will happen since last May/June. I don't necessarily have a problem with him winning although it does seem the time isn't righ. I didn't even know Bryan was back til I tuned in yesterday so wasn't disappointed with that either. There really doesn't seem like too many other alternatives considering Cena and Rollins were both in the title match and Rollins already has the MitB cash in.

The biggest issue I had with it was the ending sucked and was completely obvious. They never should have had it be Kane and Big Show in the end, would have been way better if it was Reigns, Ambrose, Wyatt and Ziggler or maybe sub one of them for Rusev. At least then you could've had a small amount of belief that another outcome was possible. With Reigns, Show and Kane the ending was completely obvious. WWE/wrestling is at its best when there are surprises and "anything can happen" mentality, when things are obvious and telegraphed they'll get s**t on as they should be.

Donstuie

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
They never should have had it be Kane and Big Show in the end, would have been way better if it was Reigns, Ambrose, Wyatt and Ziggler or maybe sub one of them for Rusev. At least then you could've had a small amount of belief that another outcome was possible. With Reigns, Show and Kane the ending was completely obvious. WWE/wrestling is at its best when there are surprises and "anything can happen" mentality, when things are obvious and telegraphed they'll get s**t on as they should be.
Imagine the difference in the crowd reaction if you had Reigns, Wyatt, Ambrose/Ziggler and Rusev first working together to take out Kane and Show, and then each taking up a corner for a final, tension-building stare-off before bringing the thing to a close. At least this way you actually give Reigns a shot to prove himself against the best young talent in the business and win the crowd over, you also give these other guys a chance to shine, and there's at lease SOME tension that perhaps it might not go to script.

Instead you leave him in the ring against two has-beens (who have just dismantled said young talent one-by-one without a whimper), who anyone with half a brain knows can't possibly win, and didn't even seem interested in winning to begin with. Where's the tension there? Did they expect people to believe that there was a threat of Kane or Show main eventing Wrestlemania???

Incidentally, I don't have an issue with Reigns winning, just the pathetic way the whole ending played out...even Bryan getting the boot early was salvageable. Hell, even my wife (who has only just started watching wrestling very recently, and has zero understanding of how these storylines ebb and flow) pointed out the desperation of using Rocky to push Reigns, and predicted with about 20 minutes to go it would be Reigns vs Show/Kane, and would suck. That it was THIS predictable is an indictment in itself.

Last edited:
Anyone else get a giggle out of their selling of Brock's injuries?

First JBL says Brock has not said a thing. About 30 seconds later Cole says they've confirmed he has at least one broken rib. I'm no doctor, but I'm not sure how you can confirm a broken rib without either an X-Ray, or Brock being very detailed about his pain.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
I'll say it again, the crowd had every right to s**t on the rumble match, what was worse that there wasn't a whole lot of 'rioting' as there was apathy. It wasn't so much what they did but how they went about it.

Didn't bother me that Bryan was eliminated but surely its an awesome opportunity to get a young heel over with some heat with the crowd, like BNB? Or even a heel returning Orton to 'get revenge' from last year leading to a match at WM31? I honestly can't remember how he was eliminated.

And the casual meek elimination by two over the hill guys that although good servants got nothing out of an elimination the way they did?

Feel sorry for Reigns too, I hope the E don't give up on him if it turns to s**t, but there was no shock value, no cool swerve. It was poor lazy and just spiteful booking to stick it up the hardcore fans because at the end of the day the youngins will only remember the finish.

That being said, the direction NXT is going, gives me hope that guys Rollins, Zayn, Bryan and Itami/Kenta will be norm when Trips truly takes over.

Vince is just like that s**t coach that was once good but you want to see the prick sacked as you hold him responsible for the thing you love that you know can be run better, just need to be patient. :)

Vince is Kevin Sheedy?

Back