Australian Open - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I'd love an epic Nadal comeback, Berdych can not afford to lose this.

He's been gifted the first 2 sets in a QF. You don't get a better chance than that to beat the top 3.

Not in front of T.V just going by scores, are commentators talking up an injury for Rafa that is hampering him?

History also shows that in 19 of their most recent encounters, if you win the first set, you basically won the whole match.

Interesting stuff history shows.

Tell me about it - like Rafa winning the last 17 matches.....

Still think Rafa will win this match.

But my humble pie is baking in the oven

Didn't someone on here back Berdych before the tournament? Was paying $60 or $80 from memory

I got him at $51 but I don't think it would have been me. Very rarely bet on tournament outrights but the odds were crazy on Berdych. Apparently he was in terrific form at Doha although I didn't follow it too closely as I was more interested in Chennai that week. Obviously his composure when deep in slams leaves a lot to be desired but if there was ever a time this was going to change it was going to be when he changed coaches and Vallverdu has seen first hand how this has happened before. Not too excited though as this match isn't really going to allow us to see how much Berdych has changed with the form Nadal is in. He breaks the run of outs against Nadal but not much else. Plus as Hudu has been saying it wouldn't be the biggest shock if Berdych falls apart here. Of course Channel 7 is also making it sound like Nadal is playing with one arm, one leg and Ebola. Nadal is in s**t form but it would be nice if they gave Berdych the odd compliment. Guess you have to win slams/be Australian to have Channel 7 furiously fap over you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got him at $51 but I don't think it would have been me. Very rarely bet on tournament outrights but the odds were crazy on Berdych. Apparently he was in terrific form at Doha although I didn't follow it too closely as I was more interested in Chennai that week. Obviously his composure when deep in slams leaves a lot to be desired but if there was ever a time this was going to change it was going to be when he changed coaches and Vallverdu has seen first hand how this has happened before. Not too excited though as this match isn't really going to allow us to see how much Berdych has changed with the form Nadal is in. He breaks the run of outs against Nadal but not much else. Plus as Hudu has been saying it wouldn't be the biggest shock if Berdych falls apart here. Of course Channel 7 is also making it sound like Nadal is playing with one arm, one leg and Ebola. Nadal is in s**t form but it would be nice if they gave Berdych the odd compliment. Guess you have to win slams/be Australian to have Channel 7 furiously fap over you.
Whenever Nadal fails there's some sort of reason to cover it up. It's almost as if he's infallible.

Ugh, Rafa plays like this out of nowhere. Wonder what he took during that break...

Berdych is smoking shots here and the commentators are giving him zero credit. I know he's off his game a bit (Rafa) but it's getting irritating.
Frustrating commentators seem to lean towards and highlight someone like Nadal losing rather Berdych winning

Berdych looks so good. Sure in the past mentally he hasn't been able to put away the big boys when he's had a chance but it's not like he was a headcase. He's been a consistent top 10 player for a while now and if he wins this one this could be his breakout. Great mover, strong, big serve, solid from both sides... he has the game to win the title.

Berdych looks so good. Sure in the past mentally he hasn't been able to put away the big boys when he's had a chance but it's not like he was a headcase. He's been a consistent top 10 player for a while now and if he wins this one this could be his breakout. Great mover, strong, big serve, solid from both sides... he has the game to win the title.

I usually have a bet on Berdych every Aus Open, so will be slightly annoyed if he finally does it this year...

Talk about over commentating. Berdych stares at Nadal for a couple of seconds after hitting a winner and he's all of a sudden not thinking about his side of the court?

Talk about over commentating. Berdych stares at Nadal for a couple of seconds after hitting a winner and he's all of a sudden not thinking about his side of the court?

Let me guess - Fitzy's on the mic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back