Lachie Whitfield Vs jake stringer

Lachie Whitfield Vs jake stringer

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Stringer. We've all seen what he can do as a forward, and he'll only get better (natural progression, as well as benefiting from a proper forward structure), but it could yet be the midfield where he really shines, provided he gets his fitness to the required level. I almost can't wait to see him play at his peak, but he's so talented that it's been fun to watch him from debut anyway.

I really like Whitfield, though. He obviously hasn't commanded the attention that the other GWS #1 picks have, but he's going to be very good.

Whitfield. There is honestly no flaw in his game.

Stringer is an elite talent and has played really good football so far, but Whitfield is ahead of him IMO.

Don't agree with those arguing Whitfield over Stringer. As it stands currently Whitfield to date isn't in the best 3 mids in his draft/age class. All of Wines, O'Meara and Macrae have produced far better outputs so far in their career and all 3 would be taken over Whitfield in hindsight. Yet Stringer is the most dominant forward of his age group (the best other 2 would be Daniher and Menzel). All 3 kicked a very similar goal output for the 2014 regular season but stringer kicked 4 or more goals on at least 4 occasions compared to Daniher 1 and Menzel 0. He has shown he is the most dominant goal scorer of the lot even with the hinderance of a broken leg in juniors. I wouldn't classify whitfield in the top 5 of his year group (Wines, Macrae, O'meara, Stringer, Daniher) and hes on level pegging with Menzel, Vlaustin, Mayes in the next tier down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i will put it another way, what has Lachie Whitfield done to be rated to have more potential then Jake Stringer?

His ball use the way he moves the way he reads the play and his body is still along way behind Stringer.

Stringer is looking unstoppable this preseason. His running gait has been completely overhauled. Tank is still catching up which is understandable. Should play a bit more midfield or at the very least a higher half forward role but wouldn't be expecting too much yet because he's just too dangerous forward and we need goal kickers.

One of the most promising kids I've ever seen to be honest, can see him absolutely exploding this year. As highly as everyone rates Bontempelli if you gave me the choice between em id take Stringer every day of the week.

Don't agree with those arguing Whitfield over Stringer. As it stands currently Whitfield to date isn't in the best 3 mids in his draft/age class. All of Wines, O'Meara and Macrae have produced far better outputs so far in their career and all 3 would be taken over Whitfield in hindsight. Yet Stringer is the most dominant forward of his age group (the best other 2 would be Daniher and Menzel). All 3 kicked a very similar goal output for the 2014 regular season but stringer kicked 4 or more goals on at least 4 occasions compared to Daniher 1 and Menzel 0. He has shown he is the most dominant goal scorer of the lot even with the hinderance of a broken leg in juniors. I wouldn't classify whitfield in the top 5 of his year group (Wines, Macrae, O'meara, Stringer, Daniher) and hes on level pegging with Menzel, Vlaustin, Mayes in the next tier down.
I would take Whitfield over Macrae and Wines. Reminds me of Fyfe when I watch him play. So I would go Whitfield over Stringer but only just. Stringer is a gun though and would love him at my club.

Really like the way Stringer goes about his footy. But it has to be Whitfield

Again another comparison of two completely different players. Both have the ability to become top 10 players in the game and be game changers. You wouldn't be unhappy with either.

If I wanted one player on my team it would be Whitfield, we need extra class.

Back