2015 V8 Supercars

Remove this Banner Ad

Stopped watching when all the new manufacturers came in. Thought seven covered it well, who will be commentating for Fox Sports?

Scott McLaughlin Is my tip for this season after his strong end to 2014.

No seat for Scott Pye front runner in the Development Series but has gone backwards in the main game

From the old thread by imadodgyumpire :

Everyone only watches Bathurst anyway. Look at this board. The Bathurst threads are longer than the season long threads.

Alright. So this thread is now 17 posts longer, when the Bathurst thread hasn't had a post since the week after the race, and this thread benefitting from having 2015 V8SC talk in it. The Bathurst thread was longer than this one when it finally died off. Ummmm my arse.

I'd like to take an interest in more than Bathurst but splitting the other rounds into multiple races (and multiple days) absolutely kills it for me. Feels like the equivalent of watching 4 AFL games but with each one only lasting 30 minutes.

I don't know if it's done to stretch things out for TV and the raceway proprietors but it absolutely sucks. NASCAR and Formula One have it right.

Last edited:
From the old thread by imadodgyumpire :

I'd like to take an interest in more than Bathurst but splitting the other rounds into multiple races (and multiple days) absolutely kills it for me. Feels like the equivalent of watching 4 AFL games but with each one only lasting 30 minutes.

I don't know if it's done to stretch things out for TV and the raceway proprietors but it absolutely sucks. NASCAR and Formula One have it right.

Aren't the races even shorter this year ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing that could help is move the season so it includes all of summer when people aren't watching the AFL and rugby league.

Not the raceway proprietors, but the series proprietors. Otherwise you are bang on. V8SC/ATCC has had a history of multiple race meetings, like f1/Nascar has with long, single races. So you might have to accept that part.

Another thing that could help is move the season so it includes all of summer when people aren't watching the AFL and rugby league.
A lot of the season is already in the footy off-season, and has made little difference. The idea has already been done by other sports/comps. The series would now barely get much more attention with all the cricket going on.

Personally, I'd much rather the season condense, to allow another motorsport a clear run. Kind of like what Australian Nascar/Auscar had in the 80s/90s.

Pretty sure they tried that in the early 2000s, maybe 2003 and 2004. From memory they had a single 100 lap race at Winton and a couple of other single race rounds. Didn't succeed

DUNLOP V8 Supercars Championship racer Brett Stewart has been banned from racing for 18 months over an incident during last year’s Sydney 500 race weekend.

The Confederation of Australian Motorsport tribunal handed down the sentence, including a fine of $15,000, following Stewart’s involvement in a clash after the final supporting Dunlop Series race at the V8 Supercars event.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-s...x Feed - V8 racer banned over post-race clash

$15,000 fine sits well with me

Pretty sure they tried that in the early 2000s, maybe 2003 and 2004. From memory they had a single 100 lap race at Winton and a couple of other single race rounds. Didn't succeed

They did try them in early to mid-00s, 300km 1 races, etc. And how didn't they succeed? When they had an audience poll in a V8 superstars episode a majority of people loved them over other formats. They dumped them in 2006 in favour of that god awful 3 races per round, 2nd race reverse grid garbage. I can understand for some events, like hidden Valley, why they can't have 300km events, but a majority of them should be.

Blanchard confirmed as 2nd LDM driver

ENTRY LIST: The 2015 V8 Supercars Championship grid

No. Entry Driver Car
#1 Triple Eight Race Engineering Jamie Whincup Holden Commodore VF
#2 Holden Racing Team Garth Tander Holden Commodore VF
#3 Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport Tim Blanchard Holden Commodore VF
#4 Erebus Motorsport Ashley Walsh Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG W212
#5 Prodrive Racing Australia Mark Winterbottom Ford Falcon FG X
#6 Prodrive Racing Australia Chaz Mostert Ford Falcon FG X
#7 Nissan Motorsport Todd Kelly Nissan Altima L33
#8 Brad Jones Racing Jason Bright Holden Commodore VF
#9 Erebus Motorsport Will Davison Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG W212