Complete Newbie

Remove this Banner Ad

TJ Hendricks

All Australian
Jan 20, 2015
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hello there everyone. My name is TJ and I'm from Omaha, Nebraska. Here in the US I'm a four sport guy baseball, basketball, football, hockey. All my favorite teams are Chicago based. I will be relocating to Western Australia late 2015/early 2016 with a vacation there this June. I have a friend from the Navy who has lived in Perth for 10+years and he told me to start learning the AFL.

Anyways I'll be lurking around trying to learn this game. I've already watched many videos on youtube.

Hello there everyone. My name is TJ and I'm from Omaha, Nebraska. Here in the US I'm a four sport guy baseball, basketball, football, hockey. All my favorite teams are Chicago based. I will be relocating to Western Australia late 2015/early 2016 with a vacation there this June. I have a friend from the Navy who has lived in Perth for 10+years and he told me to start learning the AFL.

Anyways I'll be lurking around trying to learn this game. I've already watched many videos on youtube.
Great place WA- I hope you find it very welcoming.

Just because you're moving here, it doesn't mean you've got to start supporting the Eagles. How about following a decent team instead? ;)

Good luck with trying to understand the game- just when I think I do, someone moves the goalposts!

Great place WA- I hope you find it very welcoming.

Just because you're moving here, it doesn't mean you've got to start supporting the Eagles. How about following a decent team instead? ;)

Good luck with trying to understand the game- just when I think I do, someone moves the goalposts!
Jesus, your first post outside of our board.

As a relatively recent convert to the sport, I can honestly say - it is the best game on the planet. Watch, learn, enjoy. :)

Being in Perth, you will have two great teams to choose from. With the Eagles & Dockers as choices, you can't go wrong. The Dockers do have the best club song in the AFL.

Welcome!

Last edited:
Eagles baby!

Some videos, the first one is for mood/atmosphere more than anything and the second one is just a rule explanation video that I've found to be pretty quick and straight forward compared to some of the other ones I've seen online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you everyone. I have purchased the AFL global pass. I'm freaking hooked. I honestly didn't think there was such athletic freaks playing. I even have a fantasy team.

You made a fine choice of clubs to support - the Suns should have a great season! AFL Global will prove to be a wise investment - watch the Suns games live if you can. Somehow, watching the Suns play in the middle of the night here in North America is a fantastic way to enjoy the sport. You won't be the only one up watching the Suns. ;-)

You made a fine choice of clubs to support - the Suns should have a great season! AFL Global will prove to be a wise investment - watch the Suns games live if you can. Somehow, watching the Suns play in the middle of the night here in North America is a fantastic way to enjoy the sport. You won't be the only one up watching the Suns. ;-)
May seem like an up-yourself post but this is atleast true, watch the Suns if any team.

What? Gold Coast? Just so you know, this is hands down the absolute worst decision that you will ever make in your entire life. And I can't put it any more nicely than that. Yikes.

See you in rounds 7 & 18. Possibly even the finals too, assuming that you guys can even manage making it that far for the first time in your miserable existence.

The Eagles will be playing finals in 2015 in any case. Also this post will definitely not come back to bite me at all in the future.

Welcome to our great game mate! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask and the community here will share with you history, players, rules, etc. Enjoy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back