EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Libba not at Coburg in 2015-& when he went back to play at Pacco he wasn't playing seniors..doubtful
Barrett & Jackson may join another club in the hope of playing regular senior football there. doubtful at abers
Whillas was invited to train with Port Melbourne after the new year- made the first cut. Not sure about a spot for him in Abers seniors.
Wade- Wasn't he at Bernards in 2014 if not at Coburg? Returned to Abers has he? doubtful
Corigliano- Training with Coburg. Possible
Allison-Heard he was considering crossing to the VAFA with Bernards after being dropped for the Grand Final after every game last year. Definitely a spot still for him
Purcell-One of their best in the Grand Final. No need to ask. Training with Essendon VFL
King-Establishing himself in the seniors & was in great form before a nasty wrist injury ended his year, only for him to return for the ressies in the finals, managing 8 goals in 2 games. Has what it takes, needs to steer clear of the injury room.
Bonello-Alternated between all 3 levels in 2014. Wait & see with him
Schraven-Playing for Coburg in 15.
Petryshyn-Training with Coburg.

Imo Jackson, Jacko Barrett, Harry Wade (returns from the snakepit) and Scotty Whillas all still proud Abers players!!

Last edited:
WOW. Sometimes you think things are getting out of hand and then you get a reality check. Sorry for the little interruption guys.
Just wanted to say Harro (Paul), I'm sure the whole EDFL and football community would like to express their condolences.

Also would like to wish both the Hickmott and Hymer families all the strength in the world as they face the unfortunate winless fight. I'm sure all at Aberfeldie, along with the rest of us in the EDFL wish you strength and prayers.

Sorry b/f fans but it frustrates so much when things like this happen to good families.

Well said mate - very well put and couldn't agree more with your last line!

Murray's funeral likely next Thursday - great Abers family, the Harrisons!!

Toby and Simon have still been to 95% of our training sessions this pre season and Pete has been down watching too.

Prowse boys were at Marby last year when not at Port. Won't play at Marby much if at all like last year. Good players though..

Maybe send Barling forward as an option. His still on some decent coin I hear and might be a difficult match up., have a couple of smalls under him!!

Prowse boys were at Port Colts me thinks;)

Well said mate - very well put and couldn't agree more with your last line!

Murray's funeral likely next Thursday - great Abers family, the Harrisons!!

Toby and Simon have still been to 95% of our training sessions this pre season and Pete has been down watching too.
Murray is one of the best blokes you could meet just man's man & Paul is the best coach Abers ever had RIP MUZZA

Mate if they are counting on Eades to kick many goals against good oppostion then its going to be a long year in the marby forward line, your right some of the other recruits are very classy and will add a lot to the Marby side, but although I am not from the EDFL comp I know that you must kick on average against the good teams around 90 points a game, where are Marby's goals going to come from???

I don't recall saying he was going to kick bags for them, simply stated he'd be a good addition to the forward line. He will take some heat off Nathan Black who kicked 40+ goals carrying injuries all last season.
With a few more midfielders this season, it could free up Castello to spend more time up forward. There's another 30-40.
Marby as a club are travelling along nicely at the moment. Good jnrs. Two u18's. More depth than they've ever had and although last years ladder position wasn't very flattering, there in a better off field position than they've been in years. Including the back to back Era.

How's your DP travelling ? Looked to have picked up a few quality players. Don't want to jinx but the 3 peat is looking good !!

I don't recall saying he was going to kick bags for them, simply stated he'd be a good addition to the forward line. He will take some heat off Nathan Black who kicked 40+ goals carrying injuries all last season.
With a few more midfielders this season, it could free up Castello to spend more time up forward. There's another 30-40.
Marby as a club are travelling along nicely at the moment. Good jnrs. Two u18's. More depth than they've ever had and although last years ladder position wasn't very flattering, there in a better off field position than they've been in years. Including the back to back Era.

How's your DP travelling ? Looked to have picked up a few quality players. Don't want to jinx but the 3 peat is looking good !!

Weeney,
Some very good points you have made here and totally agree. Building that base a few years ago with the juniors has paid off.

I like going to Marbys ground as you can go up to the pub for a counter meal and few beers and then walk up to the ground. Then after a few in the rooms after game go back to a pub, bit like the old VFL days. Can't do that at many grounds.. On the flip side plenty of open space on one side if you have young kids.
However what really annoys me is the location of the rooms and scoreboard.. Can't see from rooms and the scores if on 1 side. Should have the scoreboard over on road pocket and clubrooms in pocket between both grounds and then maybe extend the width of the ground.
Can't be to many footy people on councils, as a lot of EDFL grounds you can't see from the social rooms. Not good for revenue... Oh well that's my whinge for today.

Keilor were simply lucky last season it was shown in the semi final abers killed them!

Could see them drop to 6th or 7th
Massive gap between top 5 and the rest for mine!
Last season was the closest for years!
Is there are spots in the top 5 teams with the influx of big names for the young kids like
Liberatore (pacco)
A. Raji (pacco)
D. Raji (pacco)
Blake (pacco)
Barrett (abers)
Jackson (abers)
WhIllas (abers)
Wade (abers)
Kavanagh (strathmore)
Corigliano (strathmore)
Baniowski (strathmore)
Allison (strathmore)
Purcell ( strathmore)
King (greenvale)
Bonello (greenvale)
Schraven (greenvale)
Petryshyn (greenvale)

All I can say is Pacco have recruited players with experience to fill key positions as well as some quality mids that they definitely needed. The young guys will play senior footy as its a blend of young and older types you need. Should also release pressure of some of the bigger guys like TK and Dean Tydell to play a more suitable role in the team. Coach Morgan will want to ensure when success comes, its sustained for the clubs future as he bleeds black and red..
From all reports they have recruited very well (up to 10 senior players) and will surely challenge the top sides this year.

Prediction for the ladder come seasons end. (not predicting premiers yet)
Abers
G'vale
S'more
Avondale
Keilor
Marby
Paco
APW
Northern
West Coburg

I have to say that these past few years has seen the comp become a helluva lot more competitive.

Nah. With the list Abers are putting on the park this season they deserve to be very short priced favourites for the flag. They have retained almost all of their good players from last season, and have topped up with several quality recruits.

Mores on the other hand have lost at least 5-6 good players from their Premiership team. No doubt they will be in the mix with Greenvale, Avondale, Pacco, and maybe Keilor. But the team Abers will be fielding looks a cut above the rest, at least on paper anyway.
Totally agree 'Stax on the mill', Aberfeldie FC are clear favourites to taste success of the ultimate kind in 2015, as in the previous two seasons, Aberfeldie FC have been able to put together the best list of players on paper in Premier Division, unfortunately the powers to be at Clifton Park haven't been able to put in place a coaching panel that has had the required prowess to deliver the desired success of the ultimate kind.

I only hope, for the long time suffering supporters of the Aberfeldie FC, and, the very patient sponsors, that the powers to be of the Aberfeldie FC have got their decision making process right this time, as I'm sure there will be a long line of members, and sponsors, asking questions if they fail to do so once again.

'YOU GET WHAT YOU PLAN FOR'

'INTERESTING TIMES AHEAD FOR SOME CLUBS'

Just curious about the attitude to keilor, either they have been discounted out of the 4 and/or ignored. They seem to be better on paper this year than last year but no one loves them, why? Is it just the attitude to mcguane?

Prediction for the ladder come seasons end. (not predicting premiers yet)
Abers
G'vale
S'more
Avondale
Keilor
Marby
Paco
APW
Northern
West Coburg

I have to say that these past few years has seen the comp become a helluva lot more competitive.

Just curious about the attitude to keilor, either they have been discounted out of the 4 and/or ignored. They seem to be better on paper this year than last year but no one loves them, why? Is it just the attitude to mcguane?
I think we believe that AVONDALE heights strathmore and abers are going to be up there again and can't see greenvale missing again and pascoe vale should be a massive chance! Game isn't played on paper but g'vale strathmore AVONDALE abers and pascoe vale all look better on paper - my opinion

I just happen to rate a couple of other sides ahead of them.
Who have they picked up out of curiosity?
other than Rhyce Prismall they've seemed to have kept any movements under wraps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey there footy mad,
Who have Keilor picked up as not much noise coming out of there. I know usually Mick can find them though.

I also don't think Avondale will improve as they did lose a few good players. Ben Davies and the APW ruckman should be handy but they will need more.. Ghazi needs a GF berth otherwise surely goneeee..

If Pacco win their first 4 games and get on a roll might make it hard for Keilor and Avondale. Interesting rd1 game Avondale v Pacco..

Hey there footy mad,
Who have Keilor picked up as not much noise coming out of there. I know usually Mick can find them though.

I also don't think Avondale will improve as they did lose a few good players. Ben Davies and the APW ruckman should be handy but they will need more.. Ghazi needs a GF berth otherwise surely goneeee..

If Pacco win their first 4 games and get on a roll might make it hard for Keilor and Avondale. Interesting rd1 game Avondale v Pacco..
What l have seen of Avondale Rose is a sook & has no respect for Ghazi & as a coach he makes no rotation & sides will even be better against Galea second year round, that's why they will drop off & not make the top 4

Last edited:
There's been training at CMR in December, it may not have been "official" but there were many there.

Seems to be a bit of mischief making directed at NS, probably because most expected NS to fail last year.
Well they are a new Club and are doing things in their own way and so far NS must be held up as one of the most successful Clubs in the EDFL of the past 10 years.
The training sessions i saw prior to christmas, there were 20 to 25 players training.

Word on the street was that West Coburg only had seven rock up to their first session in November.
I'm still expecting them to be competitive enough to survive in Premier Division this year.

Word on the street was that West Coburg only had seven rock up to their first session in November.
I'm still expecting them to be competitive enough to survive in Premier Division this year.

West and North have different stains.

WOW. Sometimes you think things are getting out of hand and then you get a reality check. Sorry for the little interruption guys.
Just wanted to say Harro (Paul), I'm sure the whole EDFL and football community would like to express their condolences.

Also would like to wish both the Hickmott and Hymer families all the strength in the world as they face the unfortunate winless fight. I'm sure all at Aberfeldie, along with the rest of us in the EDFL wish you strength and prayers.

Sorry b/f fans but it frustrates so much when things like this happen to good families.

Apologise for asking but what has happened to Harro? PM if need be

Not true - they had at least 30 attend.

Time trial down the river and even the coach participated too.

Not true - they had at least 30 attend.

Time trial down the river and even the coach participated too.
Yeah wasn't trusting that- Was just seeing if anyone else had heard the same thing haha
Still expecting them to be competitive across all three levels in premier division in 2015-especially with the club moving their home games to Piranha Park.

Can anyone from Abers tell us if Brock McLean is doing a Fevola and playing at a number of clubs during the first half year..
2 things, this can't be good for moral at Abers surely.. And as much as Brock's a top guy his not a draw card like Fev..
Very interesting to see how this plays out..

There's no mischief against NS l hope they do well but if they are lacking numbers in under 18 & ressies each week & getting flogged in seniors as well it could put them back 5 years
A lot of players playing div 1 are happy to stay in that division as clubs who have won promotion in the past have found out

Stating that there was no training before Christmas maybe not mischievous, but it is blatantly wrong

Can anyone from Abers tell us if Brock McLean is doing a Fevola and playing at a number of clubs during the first half year..
2 things, this can't be good for moral at Abers surely.. And as much as Brock's a top guy his not a draw card like Fev..
Very interesting to see how this plays out..
If hes signed to play for Abers, hes signed to play for Abers. No one else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back