Toast Welcome to Carlton Liam Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

apparently he is an explosive beast!... but struggles with endurance... fevola style body types have become pretty unfashionable in the modern game. I don't know how teams have beaten Jones in the past but it seems that the way to beat a bloke like that is to run off him and expose him the other way. Then they get puffed and can't be explosive sitting on the bench...

The pointy end of the ground is the place to have the "explosive" players. Under malthouse we have gone from having explosive smalls (Betts and Garlett) to an explosive tall. If you are going to use your lack of endurance tickets on somebody, it might as well be a tall who can control the airspace and take marks. This is malthouse building his team balance, and why he is working with Jones to get his marking right... (there is no room is a team for tall's who can't mark ;) )

When was the last time we had 3 KPP's like Casboult - Henderson - Jones in our forward line at the one time, not counting a ruckman playing forward?

Good question...thinking when we had the Morell, Beasy and Smith set around the mid 00's!? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently he is an explosive beast!... but struggles with endurance... fevola style body types have become pretty unfashionable in the modern game. I don't know how teams have beaten Jones in the past but it seems that the way to beat a bloke like that is to run off him and expose him the other way. Then they get puffed and can't be explosive sitting on the bench...

The pointy end of the ground is the place to have the "explosive" players. Under malthouse we have gone from having explosive smalls (Betts and Garlett) to an explosive tall. If you are going to use your lack of endurance tickets on somebody, it might as well be a tall who can control the airspace and take marks. This is malthouse building his team balance, and why he is working with Jones to get his marking right... (there is no room is a team for tall's who can't mark ;) )
Jones had a s**t run under McCartney style and selection. He often had to get kicks up half back wing cuz he could burn off usually the opposition best defender. Watch the doggies vs pies game last year on afl smart replay where jones kicked four goals, massive run down tackles, and then BM dropped him within two weeks.
I wish the guy well and like how Malthouse has got behind him.

I see Jones in Coles about once a week. Not much for his fashion sense but if he can play then I'm all for him. Plus he seems to always be with some very nice looking gals...

You are probably just confusing him with me

I see Jones in Coles about once a week. Not much for his fashion sense but if he can play then I'm all for him. Plus he seems to always be with some very nice looking gals...

Can confirm, Coles check out chick said Liam was buying the house down. She had never seen a shopper so explosive...

One problem though, the lady said Liam needs to work on the way he pushes the trolley. Ideally he should have his arms extended to the trolley handle, not pushing it with his chest.

Can confirm, Coles check out chick said Liam was buying the house down. She had never seen a shopper so explosive...

One problem though, the lady said Liam needs to work on the way he pushes the trolley. Ideally he should have his arms extended to the trolley handle, not pushing it with his chest.

Apparently he doesnt run the other way. Great in the fruit and veg but get caught up in heavy traffic in the meat section

Remove this Banner Ad

Back