2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on Forrest this year?
Lions sign recruits for 2015 footy campaign
Ben Martin, Wednesday, February 4th, 2015.Make a commentContact the author

Andrew White has re-signed to play with Forrest Football Club in 2015.

FORREST’S 2015 football campaign is off to a strong start with seven new recruits on board, while four key players have re-signed.

The Lions have signed four players from Geelong district club Geelong West, the club new co-coach Nick Washington coached for the past three seasons.

Among the new players are the Cheetahs’ 2014 leading goalkicker Alex Dunham, who booted 52 goals last season, defender-midfielder Robbie Sims, defender Jake Cogger and forward-wingman Brendan Wall.

Star utility and former Torquay footballer Daniel Sprigg has also joined the Lions after a season with AFL Cairns club Cairns City, while Bell Park footballer Ryan Torpy and Caramut’s Aaron Torpy have also applied for clearances to Forrest.

“Alex Dunham should have a big impact, he’s only 23 but he’s 6’1” and he’s 100 kilos of pure muscle,” Washington said.

“He’s a strong lad, and he doesn’t miss too often,” he said.

“Daniel Sprigg is a really consistent senior player too, he played centre half-back and ruck at Torquay and he’ll be a bit of a utility for us.”

Forrest finished the 2014 season in eighth place with a 6-10 win-loss record in Adam Wells’s first year as coach.

Washington said the club had retained midfielder Andrew White, key-position players Matt and Nathan Pigott and forward Brenton Flynn, along with star midfielder Sean Wells, who re-committed last year.

“We’ve lost a couple but not many,” Washington said.

“Things are going really well in the pre-season, we’re starting to step things up and I think we’ll be finalising our list early next week,” he said.

Washington, a former Belmont and Bell Park footballer, said he had settled in well with his new club.

“It’s been fantastic to have a bit of a change and it’s good co-coaching with Adam,” he said.

“We’d been talking about coaching together for a while now so it’s good it’s all happening now.

“We’re both pretty busy because I run my own business and Adam’s got four kids so it’s good to share the workload a bit.”

Simpson back to back. Only lost clissold and gained about 4 players that have played higher standard football

Lorne continue to get good numbers at training with a current senior list of 55, plus a few highly credentialed out-of-towners yet to commit. Hard to say just what all that will amount to but its safe to say the Dolphins will win more games than they lose...a whole lot more than last season.

Lorne continue to get good numbers at training with a current senior list of 55, plus a few highly credentialed out-of-towners yet to commit. Hard to say just what all that will amount to but its safe to say the Dolphins will win more games than they lose...a whole lot more than last season.
Coming from a long way back

Coming from a long way back
Very true...you cant get much further back without disbanding altogether...which is why the community started pulling together and re-formed the committee, instead of leaving it up to just a few. I guess we'll all know who's doing well soon enough. But like my earlier post- You can expect Lorne to win more than they lose.

Very true...you cant get much further back without disbanding altogether...which is why the community started pulling together and re-formed the committee, instead of leaving it up to just a few. I guess we'll all know who's doing well soon enough. But like my earlier post- You can expect Lorne to win more than they lose.
Lorne looking any closer to signing brad dick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on Forrest this year?
Just been looking at clearance and Forrest has already put it 19 clearance and most if not all have been lock in senior players over the past two years with at less 10 of those players being highly rated players in the gdfl looks like the have recruited all type of players mids,forwards and backs and geting a there ruckman back too. A few good older blokes but a good mix of young and old.

will be interesting to see how this plays out as he has signed and committed to coach the under 17s in Shepparton.. if he was fit to play then why wouldn't he play at the club he coaching and won a flag at?

Brad Dick to play 8 games. I heard Smart Maithison and Norton are heading over seas and will play the first 5 games. Whats the point if they cant commit all year.
Lorne have always had players travelling during the season and this season is no exception. Its been going on since at least the eighties and it seems likely that some quality players, who travelled last year, will rejoin the list this year. As I posted, you can expect Lorne to improve, but its early days yet, so who knows how Dick et al will go once the season really gets going. Lorne have had high profile recruits in the past with more top line experience than Dick, who couldn't make the transition to lower leagues....but I have to say that these have not been a case of the club head-hunting them, they've usually turned up because they have mates from Lorne who talked them into playing. Lets wait and see.

Lorne have always had players travelling during the season and this season is no exception. Its been going on since at least the eighties and it seems likely that some quality players, who travelled last year, will rejoin the list this year. As I posted, you can expect Lorne to improve, but its early days yet, so who knows how Dick et al will go once the season really gets going. Lorne have had high profile recruits in the past with more top line experience than Dick, who couldn't make the transition to lower leagues....but I have to say that these have not been a case of the club head-hunting them, they've usually turned up because they have mates from Lorne who talked them into playing. Lets wait and see.

Apparently winchelsea will not clear the boys to lorne after signing two year contracts. Communication has broke down between the two clubs.

Well, if they have signed for two years they might have to consider their options, but you'd have to think that there's a touch of sour grapes about the way this went down. I notice one of the Winch signings from last season is looking to go to Birre...maybe he wasn't on the same length of contract?
also looks like Lorne may have two ex Falcons returning....just rumours at this stage.

How did Irrewarra Beeac go against Corio on Sunday?

Winch have lured ex Forrest player Michael Condon across from Belmont and I am led to believe he is also contracted to Belmont so looks like the shoe is on the other foot for Winch.

Lorne and Belmont may need to get together and make a deal so all parties can be happy?

How did Irrewarra Beeac go against Corio on Sunday?

Winch have lured ex Forrest player Michael Condon across from Belmont and I am led to believe he is also contracted to Belmont so looks like the shoe is on the other foot for Winch.

Lorne and Belmont may need to get together and make a deal so all parties can be happy?
Pretty even contents i was told

Remove this Banner Ad

Back