Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
The "average wrestling fan" to me cheers for good guys and boos the bad guys, they have a simple view of the product. I don't care about that stuff, I watch WWE with a more wider view than that. I prefer to watch and get invested in how the guys/girls tell a story through their ring work. I prefer to cheer/support the talented performers that have the ability to tell that story, and a good one at that. It's a major part as to why I prefer NXT over the main product, less story outside the ringing of the bell, more inside.

The "average wrestling fan" to me cheers for good guys and boos the bad guys, they have a simple view of the product. I don't care about that stuff, I watch WWE with a more wider view than that. I prefer to watch and get invested in how the guys/girls tell a story through their ring work. I prefer to cheer/support the talented performers that have the ability to tell that story, and a good one at that. It's a major part as to why I prefer NXT over the main product, less story outside the ringing of the bell, more inside.
IMO wrestling is the highest form of physical theatre. Story outside the ring can be good, even great but when it's reflected inside, is when it becomes truly amazing.

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
You know what, I'll admit I overreacted a bit, and I'll gives Reigns a chance. I still don't think he's ready, but that Paul Heyman promo single handedly sold me for their match. I still don't expect great things for the match, but I am at least interested in it now. It's probably better to go in with low expectations anyway. There are still a few interesting ball in limbo right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see either Bryan or Seth be involved with the title somehow after their interviews. There will still be a few twists and turns before Mania comes around. I hope WWE have the foresight to do it well.

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
What are people's thoughts on the WWE 24 on the network?
I enjoyed it quite a bit. Wouldn't have minded it being longer and a bit more in depth though. The start was going pretty good but then by the end it seemed like they were rushing it and just basically had a montage. I wish they had of shown footage of the guys and girls in the back when Brock broke the streak too

Feb 21, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I enjoyed it quite a bit. Wouldn't have minded it being longer and a bit more in depth though. The start was going pretty good but then by the end it seemed like they were rushing it and just basically had a montage. I wish they had of shown footage of the guys and girls in the back when Brock broke the streak too
My thoughts exactly. Especially the in depth bit. Thought it lacked a lot. Was almost a recap of the main matches of Wrestlemania with a bit of bonus footage. Was hoping for a lot more behind the scenes stuff.

Sad seeing the stuff with the Ultimate Warrior and that little kid. I thought it was pretty good but yeah could've went longer and more in depth.

Though I will say despite what happened yesterday it has gotten me pumped for WrestleMania.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Heyman overtook Heenan as the greatest heel manager of all time today in my eyes. That man is something else when it comes to storytelling. He is a master of his craft.

Heyman overtook Heenan as the greatest heel manager of all time today in my eyes. That man is something else when it comes to storytelling. He is a master of his craft.

Heyman is an advocate ;)

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
I wish they had of shown footage of the guys and girls in the back when Brock broke the streak too
Loved the piano version of Undertaker's theme that played at the end of that part. If he hasn't retired, I think they should use that at the end of his final match when he exits the arena, fits perfectly.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
So, WWE's response to the Rumble controversy was to release their updated Network figures, which have gone passed 1 million. This has caused the share price to go up by about 16% as I write this.

You could say that...

... they made it Reign(s).

117317d1403108615-te-joiden-jalkatreenissa-kyykkya-maastavetoa-ei-ole-booyah.jpg

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
What is their target? 1.2mil?

I think the long term goal is over 2million. I seem to remember them wanting 1-1.2m just from their US audience. Their dismal failure to get anywhere near this caused the rushed release overseas.

Stripple

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
I might be mistaking Rollins for a good heel, too.
Really your being that contradictory? His heel work has been fantastic. He is sniveling, conniving, underhanded, backstabbing, and getting boos from the casual fans. His work is so good that Brock who is also a heel was getting pops when he was chasing him down on raw.

He may be getting closer to a turn (pulling out the Phoenix splash, fighting out most of the match without j&j) but up to the match just gone only the iwc were really behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, WWE's response to the Rumble controversy was to release their updated Network figures, which have gone passed 1 million. This has caused the share price to go up by about 16% as I write this.

You could say that...

... they made it Reign(s).

117317d1403108615-te-joiden-jalkatreenissa-kyykkya-maastavetoa-ei-ole-booyah.jpg

I suspect that the cancellations won't appear instantly. They're staggered until the end of the billing cycle. For example my cancellation only becomes effective mid Feb.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Red wings, Tigers, Patriots
Wwe 24 was pretty depressing to start with. The little kid and ultimate warrior stuff. Then it was okay from there, would have liked more backstage stuff like they had with rock, hogan, Austin and hbk talking about their opening.

Also another bit of proof of hogan talking s**t. On jerichos podcast he said he didn't know rock and stone cold were coming out. Blatant lie.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
I suspect that the cancellations won't appear instantly. They're staggered until the end of the billing cycle. For example my cancellation only becomes effective mid Feb.

Oh yeah, absolutely. This Network announcement was due on the 12th of Feb (I think - it might've been 14th). But even then, it was going to be numbers as at 31 December.

I think they strategically place these announcements - that number was going to encapsulate everyone who kept it for 1 month after the free month, and the next quarterly update will be the Wrestlemania number. So we'll never find out what the impact of Royal Rumble was on their subscriber numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back