Strategy Marketing, Sales, Communication & Media Structure & Strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

More people will watch the Crows tv show on FTA. I guarantee it.
I have watched both the Collingwood and Essendon shows probably once each only due to it coming on after another show that I was watching.Believe me I had no interest whatsoever that some Collingwood stroker ate 10 weet bix for lunch instead of breakfast.Unless you support those particular teams I would say that no new recruits would be formed from them.We have David Koch pushing our barrow for free Nationally.

I have watched both the Collingwood and Essendon shows probably once each only due to it coming on after another show that I was watching.Believe me I had no interest whatsoever that some Collingwood stroker ate 10 weet bix for lunch instead of breakfast.Unless you support those particular teams I would say that no new recruits would be formed from them.We have David Koch pushing our barrow for free Nationally.

Not everyone has a david koch. Not everyone has the opportunity or ability to put a dedicated club tv show on fta, let alone fox, either. TV shows arent nececssarily a recruiting tool, its communication with your fan base. If you can afford to put on a tv show AND stream it, then I cant find any fault with that.

We appear to have mastered the art of online digital media. Port's ability to reach it's members is going along just fine thanks.

A special note should go to the players and their use of social media as well.Nearly all of our players from Boak through to the least ranked on the list will answer any sensible tweet, facebook question or whatever which I find fantastic as a interstate fan.Had some great chats post games and through pre season with a few of the boys they should be commended for that.Other clubs players I see don't seem to connect as much.

Gotta get Port Adelaide FM up and running using the Sirrus X subscription model from USA radio- become a member and you get free subscription.Make it 24 hours a day, get members from around the world to contribute and take up timeslots in the middle of the night. increase the engagement with our fans world wide. like bigfooty podcasrs use Skype as a way of connecting between Macca, Rick and guests.

Right balance of embracing our heritage and building our future. In past we have been too much one or other. Koch would have stamped his leadership into our marketing and paid back in spades. Helps with Ken running footy department though. AFC who?

Not everyone has a david koch. Not everyone has the opportunity or ability to put a dedicated club tv show on fta, let alone fox, either. TV shows arent nececssarily a recruiting tool, its communication with your fan base. If you can afford to put on a tv show AND stream it, then I cant find any fault with that.

Totally agree mate.

Jeez, if Port had a show on Foxtel, like Collingwood or Essendons show, I'd definitely watch it.

For people like me who live interstate, it would be the icing on the cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aussie Rules is the only sport I take an abiding interest in (eg take out a membership, really feel the highs and lows, etc) but I want league footballers to have a bit of mystique, be demigods if you like, so I don't need to see what they have for breakfast, where they get their hair done or what their ******* farts smell like. I don't think the club needs to put resources into a TV program - unless the majority of clubs are doing it. Even then I hope we'd do it a bit differently to the others.

Yep - give me a bigfooty podcast any day.

Speaking of which, Macca and Rick - aren't you due to be doing one soon?

Next week mateeee back weekly to start with.

I also have a blog up and running weekly you can follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back