ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
At the all mighty Manuka Oval in the well known sporting city of Canberra!

BBL04 sees the Scorchers make their 4th final in a row, while the Sixers are in their second after their BBL01 triumph. Pretty sure Henriques and O'Keefe opened in that game and domianted. Game starts at 7.40 EDT, so that's 4.40 over West and probably before everyone's finished work, such as myself.

A shower or two is forecast for Canberra but not around game time hopefully.

Expect the teams to be the same as their semi final lineups

Marsh
Klinger
Voges
Carberry
Turner
Whiteman
Coulter-Nile
Arafat
Tye
Hogg
Behrendorff

Lumb
Wessels
Maddinson
Henriques
Silk
Carters
Abbott
O'Keefe
Lee
Lyon
Bollinger

The small ground will suit the big hitters, Maddo could go off again or score a first ball duck.

Turner could definitely go off tonight

Anyone feel this is a bit of an anticlimax to conclude the BBL04. Midweek game in rainy conditions in gloomy Canberra...

It is meant to be okay in terms of the weather for the game.

Rain is now looking less likely this arvo and at game time, and I don't know if gloomy really counts when it's a night game under lights?

Won't rain, was a morning shower apparently. I have family in Canberra. Luckily the weather which has been smashing Sydney hasn't gone to Canberra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever wins the toss and bats first will win the game.

Both teams have a great bowling attack, Scorchers in front, Sixers have the better batting lineup though.

Sixers rely heavily on the top 3. Will be an interesting toss as there was rain around, however you have to be insane to send the Scorchers in as thats what they love (defending)

I need a good Car Battery innings though.

I'd like to see Harris in for Turner.

I think Turner's bowling was underrated in the early games.

In the event that spin becomes an important component of the game (or injury strikes), an extra over or two from Turner could be crucial.

The difference would be well more than the talent differential batting at 5/6 between Turner and Harris IMO

Is the women's final at Manuka as well? I flicked on one and am watching Talkin' about your generation re-runs.
Finished about an hour ago, NSW beat Victoria.

It sucks so much the final has to be in Canberra though. fgs there hasn't been a game there all season and the wicket is as flat as a pancake from what I've been told.

Finished about an hour ago, NSW beat Victoria.

It sucks so much the final has to be in Canberra though. fgs there hasn't been a game there all season and the wicket is as flat as a pancake from what I've been told.

It is meant to be flat in a T20 mate! There is a bit in it anyway, Perry got it to zip around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back