Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea where to ask this, so I'm you guys can help me out ....
I know there's a Collingwood supporter group here in SA. They came out to banner making when we jointly made the John McCarthy banner a couple of years ago. But Google only gives me web links to defunct sites. Check on Facebook.
Otherwise check with your cheer squad, they will have an allocation for all games outside Victoria and will usually have a mechanism to sell their spares.
As you aren't a Collingwood member you'll just be in the mix for GA tickets somewhere around 2 weeks prior to the game.

Roughly 3 years ago I received an oversized envelope with 4 free tickets to ever Port game that season. No letter. Not even a note. Still to this day I have no idea who sent those tickets or why.. But I made sure every one of those went to good use.
2011? The sender did not wish you well. They probably tossed up sending those or anthrax.

Is there a list of the current memberships and the progressions of every club available anywhere?I googled it but didn't come up with anything substantial except last years.

Keeping pace with last year's growth at this time of year. The gap is pretty constant. Should stay at 10,000+ difference until late March.

View attachment 105596

I too thought I'd have a look at how our membership growth this year compares with last year. Hard not to be impressed by the numbers so far, in fact if our membership numbers increase at the same rate they did last year (over the same time period), we will have reached 60k two weeks before the start of the season. 65k could be a real possibility if it weren't for the stadiums capacity.

screen shot on pc

I too thought I'd have a look at how our membership growth this year compares with last year. Hard not to be impressed by the numbers so far, in fact if our membership numbers increase at the same rate they did last year (over the same time period), we will have reached 60k two weeks before the start of the season. 65k could be a real possibility if it weren't for the stadiums capacity.

screen shot on pc

Hah wow. So basically 5-6 times the autorenewals of last year.

screen shot on pc

Can you please keep updating the worm?

screen shot on pc

Extending the blue line at the current angle takes it up to the final level for last year by around 22 February. At the worst we should reach last years' figure by early March.

Thanks for that.Right under my nose all the time.
Someone reckons Port and crows to be constrained by ground size.It could be right in a way because many would like a reserved seat with a good view instead of standing on the hill with the plebs..........Sincere apologies to all plebs.

Yes, it does raise some interesting questions.

If we had 60K in memberships and so to the Crows, we should expect to 120K at the showdown, theoretically speaking (typing), therefore a stadium of a capacity of 100K would be the goal. But alas,

It has cost 500mil for the stadium "upgrade", 50mil for a "footbridge" for members to fill a 55K stadium. A pleb like me can see that the numbers do not favour a club wanting to seat every member when they reach this magical 60K number. It makes it a lot harder to capture a new member or upgrade an existing member if you cant offer a seat to every game.

As traditional, historic and original as it is, "the HILL" is taking up a lot of VALUABLE real estate. This reminds me of a derelict building on a huge block that is worth more if its bulldozed down and something new is built on it to create an income and a seat for our new members.

Some Questions people:

1. How much does is it cost to stand on the hill, $35-40? What is the limit, 4-5K, that's being generous.
  2. What is the capacity of the River Bank Stand? 30K?
  3. How many are allocated for reserved seats in the River Bank stand?
If we keep up this rate, we could out grow this upgraded stadium to a point where our income would remain the same each year. Therefore, cost increase's in memberships would rise to compensate for the increases in cost for the lease of Adelaide Oval. We could bring in more revenue IF there was a St. Peters Church Stand, perhaps another 20K more, which would lower the cost for all members and perhaps make it viable for our club to play there.

Now, I am speaking in hindsight, but you got to wonder now. Its nothing personal, it's just business!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

screen shot on pc

This graph doesn't make sense to me....

In 2014, our membership started at 25K (auto renewals), in 2015 its at 2K, where are the missing 23K members in November 2014?

This graph doesn't mean didley squat....

Where's Pauline Hanson...?

were you asleep in 2013? we had ro sumit our seat allocations for AO in August and September and packages came out on October and auto renewals were in November. In 2014 you had the BS of stadium deal review delaying everything by a monrh. Auto renewals happened mid December instead of mid November. packages and prices should have been released in early October were delayed until 19th November.

Riverbank stand holds 14,000 and about 85% is reserved seating.
This graph doesn't make sense to me....

In 2014, our membership started at 25K (auto renewals), in 2015 its at 2K, where are the missing 23K members in November 2014?

This graph doesn't mean didley squat....

Where's Pauline Hanson...?

As traditional, historic and original as it is, "the HILL" is taking up a lot of VALUABLE real estate. This reminds me of a derelict building on a huge block that is worth more if its bulldozed down and something new is built on it to create an income and a seat for our new members.

Now, I am speaking in hindsight, but you got to wonder now. Its nothing personal, it's just business!
Not this "get rid of the hill" s**t again. We only just upgraded the bloody ground. Part of the charm of Adelaide Oval is having that end open with the trees and the old scoreboard and the hill, not to mention the fact the trees are heritage listed and therefore aren't going anywhere anyhow. But let's ignore that and do a little thought experiment.

Currently according to the Adelaide Oval homepage the Northern end as a whole has a capacity of 6500, 3000 seated and 3500 standing while the Riverdance Stand holds 14000. That means if you build the same stand at the Northern end you'd have an extra 7500 seats total for a new total capacity of 61000 fans. What happens next year when we get to 65000? 70000? Will as many people want to come to a huge enclosed MCG-esque bowl? What about in 10 years when we're rebuilding?

Question with so many members etc, what's the AFL's policy in regards to tickets available to the general public? I know each game has to have a certain amount available to the general public what % is that?I know you can't have a stadium full of members only just curious about that number

Yes, it does raise some interesting questions.

If we had 60K in memberships and so to the Crows, we should expect to 120K at the showdown, theoretically speaking (typing), therefore a stadium of a capacity of 100K would be the goal. But alas,

It has cost 500mil for the stadium "upgrade", 50mil for a "footbridge" for members to fill a 55K stadium. A pleb like me can see that the numbers do not favour a club wanting to seat every member when they reach this magical 60K number. It makes it a lot harder to capture a new member or upgrade an existing member if you cant offer a seat to every game.

Some Questions people:

1. How much does is it cost to stand on the hill, $35-40? What is the limit, 4-5K, that's being generous.
  2. What is the capacity of the River Bank Stand? 30K?
  3. How many are allocated for reserved seats in the River Bank stand?
If we keep up this rate, we could out grow this upgraded stadium to a point where our income would remain the same each year. Therefore, cost increase's in memberships would rise to compensate for the increases in cost for the lease of Adelaide Oval. We could bring in more revenue IF there was a St. Peters Church Stand, perhaps another 20K more, which would lower the cost for all members and perhaps make it viable for our club to play there.

Gotta love Adelaide

http://www.adelaide-parklands.org/parklands_history.html

Adelaide Oval, until recently one of the world’s most beautiful sporting venues. However, the oval has been disfigured by the recent erection of giant lighting towers......

when we sell out 150 games in a row we start talking about changing the hill. any talk before that is erectile dysfunction stuff.

were you asleep in 2013? we had ro sumit our seat allocations for AO in August and September and packages came out on October and auto renewals were in November. In 2014 you had the BS of stadium deal review delaying everything by a monrh. Auto renewals happened mid December instead of mid November. packages and prices should have been released in early October were delayed until 19th November.

Riverbank stand holds 14,000 and about 85% is reserved seating.

thanks for clearing that up...... I didn't think about the new start to memberships deal for the shift...... my bad....

Its still a false reading to me..... there was always going to be 25K at the start of 2015, if not more.

It probably is...... however, it will cost another 500mil by then instead of building when we had the chance.
Good luck changing the Adelaide Oval Redevlopment and Mangement Act which at the moment says the hill and scoreboard is locked in for perpituity.

Good luck changing the Adelaide Oval Redevlopment and Mangement Act which at the moment says the hill and scoreboard is locked in for perpituity.

just knock down the existing stands and build bigger ones. it makes more sense......

Not this "get rid of the hill" s**t again. We only just upgraded the bloody ground. Part of the charm of Adelaide Oval is having that end open with the trees and the old scoreboard and the hill, not to mention the fact the trees are heritage listed and therefore aren't going anywhere anyhow. But let's ignore that and do a little thought experiment.

Currently according to the Adelaide Oval homepage the Northern end as a whole has a capacity of 6500, 3000 seated and 3500 standing while the Riverdance Stand holds 14000. That means if you build the same stand at the Northern end you'd have an extra 7500 seats total for a new total capacity of 61000 fans. What happens next year when we get to 65000? 70000? Will as many people want to come to a huge enclosed MCG-esque bowl? What about in 10 years when we're rebuilding?

That's 7,500 more possible Essential Memberships packages, for both clubs.

Charm doesn't bring in revenue to club's, only costs increase on memberships.

And Yes, many people would want to a huge enclosed MCG-esque bowl if both SA clubs are winning.

"Part of the charm of Adelaide Oval is having that end open with the trees and the old scoreboard and the hill", I hear this a lot, when in reality the SMA were given a limit amount of funds to work with, this was just an excuse not to build on it.... for the charm of it..... seriously people.....

Unfortunately for the tree huggers, money dictates everything, it can also buy tree's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back