Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

It works if you read it in a REALLY sarcastic tone.

The SANFL has been a "wonderful" custodian and administrator of the game in this state and "looks after" not only the SANFL but also community and country football.
Nobody is suggesting its key people have ever had anything than what is "best" for football at heart.

2q0rtwj.jpg

Sick and tired of this subject.With the SANFL they need to be told that just because there is football in the state, it doesn't mean you lot have to profit from it.Because now the licenses aren't theirs, Adelaide Oval isn't theirs, that's enough for me.Sure get a take of the money for whatever reason but it can't be more then us or the Crows end of discussion.Their going to sell Footy Park for godsake and I highly doubt they'll be giving us or the Crows a slice of that huge pie.The AFL should step in and get this done, but they won't cos Gillon's daddy will be oh so upset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negotiating with the sanfl

Right. Let's sort the buyers from the spyers, the needy from the greedy, and those who trust me from the ones who don't, because if you can't see value here today, you're not up here shopping. You're up here shoplifting. You see these goods? Never seen daylight, moonlight, Israelite. Fanny by the gaslight. Take a bag, c'mon take a bag. I took a bag home last night. Cost me a lot more than ten pound, I can tell you. Anyone like jewelry? Look at that one there. Handmade in Italy, hand-stolen in Stepney. It's as long as my arm. I wish it was as long as something else. Don't think because these boxes are sealed up, they're empty. The only man who sells empty boxes is the undertaker, and by the look of some of you lot today, I'd make more money with me measuring tape. Here, one price. Ten pound.

MV5BMTU4MTM1MjUxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTEzODY4._V1_SY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Sick and tired of this subject.With the SANFL they need to be told that just because there is football in the state, it doesn't mean you lot have to profit from it.Because now the licenses aren't theirs, Adelaide Oval isn't theirs, that's enough for me.Sure get a take of the money for whatever reason but it can't be more then us or the Crows end of discussion.Their going to sell Footy Park for godsake and I highly doubt they'll be giving us or the Crows a slice of that huge pie.The AFL should step in and get this done, but they won't cos Gillon's daddy will be oh so upset.
Pretty accurate.

SANFL needs to have a complete overhaul and find some way to get by without the AFL clubs, or it needs to concede it is a feeder competition to the AFL and nothing more and make a deal with the AFL itself.

If it doesn't do either of these two it wont exist in 50 years.

Pretty accurate.

SANFL needs to have a complete overhaul and find some way to get by without the AFL clubs, or it needs to concede it is a feeder competition to the AFL and nothing more and make a deal with the AFL itself.

Just like it did prior to 1991.
They're a dinosaur stuck in the space age.

It both amuses and sickens me that the SANFL continue to work the "benevolent souls just trying to do the right thing by everyone in the face of the malevolence and corporate greed of the AFL fat cats" angle. The reality is, in this instance, it's the complete opposite.
How long before we start seeing SANFL TV commercials and bus stop ads featuring a small boy from Pinnaroo in shabby, moth eaten footy clothes, footy boots with holes in them, and the caption saying "If the AFL clubs get their way little Sebastion won't get a new pair of footy boots this year, and we'll be forced to hire jailbirds, possibly sex offenders, as goal umpires......"

Did felchead get a Sanfl season pass in return for those comments.

Felchead 'I would like to write an article on the stadium deal'

Sanfl 'here is one we prepared earlier'
Jester F. wants to ensure the invitations to all those SANFL free lunches keep flowing into his mailbox. He works for the Advertiser, where investigative journalism is frowned upon, so he has a lot of free time on his hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back