creepy daycare

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
Two people have mentioned that I ought to clean up my summary from the other thread and submit it as a self-post, so here goes. I will try to leave out my bias and refrain from judgement. I will try to note which posters are new accounts and which have local flair. For over two years I have been subscribed both here and in /r/SaltLakeCity where this all began although I typically lurk more than I post in either place.

When I wrote up my first summary the thread still existed but I didn't take the time to link everything. As the original thread has now been nuked most of these comments can only now be seen on the screencap that/u/nudemanonbike saved. It can be seen here:http://i.imgur.com/8lGhBoo.png

Please don't harass the owners or advocate harassment as that will get this thread removed.

The first few hours

/u/discogodfather6922 (local flair) posts a thread to /r/SaltLakeCity asking"What's the deal with this place? Lived across the street from it for 5 years, never seen a kid there."

/u/DeformedReality, /u/filluppp and /u/DigitalGarden all recognize the place and have wondered about it or have thought of it as creepy.

/u/Maikudono says, "I've never seen anyone there"

/u/username_id says, "We live nearby and my kids call it the 'scary house'. In the 10 years I have lived in this neighborhood I have never seen anyone come in or out of that place. Totally creepy."

/u/gthing says, "Also live nearby. Noticed some odd looking equipment in the back covered very securely by a camo tarp the other day. It was not haphazardly secured, either. I noticed specifically that it looked like a boy scout had done it or something. I thought it looked odd next to the sad looking playground equipment and was surprised because the place seemed shut down."

The Warning

/u/DeathShip says, "I am going to advise you guys to stop looking into this place"

/u/801throwaway (new account) digs through posting history of/u/DeathShip to find in past posts DeathShip has claimed to be: "Linguist for the air force, been stationed at area 51 and occasionally hangs out in conspiracy subs, questionably discharged."

/u/DeathShip responds that he speaks 8 languages, "Hindi Urdu Punjabi Bengali Nepali Balochi German and English"

The Former Client

/u/lumpychick (new account) says that her kids attended from 2001 to 2006/2007 and it was a positive experience. A new owner bought the place in 2006 and "They were horrible, neglectful and borderline abusive". She also says these new owners were the ones to first paint it the current color.

/u/lumpychick follows up with a link to the public complaints against the center. Shows normal complaints up until 2011, nothing since.

/u/Effyup finds another site with two newer incidents one in 2013 and one in 2014.

The Upkeep

/u/gthing (local flair) links to streetview and notes that the swamp cooler was running. Image is dated July 2014.

Also note that the paint is faded and graffiti has been painted over. If you compare to the image that started this whole thing the paint new and fresh. This would indicate that the building is being maintained. Also that the banner with the phone number was removed at some point and put back up after the paint job.

The Webiste

/u/LessThanDan finds their website, for a while it was reddit hugged, but it's currently up. Website has been replaced with empty page.

/u/tanasbourne and /u/Infamous_Lunchbox link to similar website for another day care in VA

Someone (can't find the post, possibly deleted before screencap) looks up whois info on site. Reports that it belongs to a city employee. Within hours whois info is scrubbed.

/u/jortr0n reposts his original comment I mentioned above "This gets deep. URL is owned by a city employee. Why does the cities multimedia manager own the URL? The county assessor's office says it's owned by Chunga International LLC. They have failed to renew their business license since 08/26/2014. The registering agent has the same last name as the SLC employee. Fun Time Kidz Kare hasn't been registered since 05/24/2006. What's with the fresh paint?"

/u/arynx has a great post in this thread with a lot of research on the website. He continues to update the post so rather than try to list everything here I suggest you check his post below.

The Lettercarrier

/u/PaulDuane says, "I used to be a letter carrier in that neighborhood. It was full of kids every time I went there. The only strange thing is, no matter what time of day I showed up with their mail, it always seemed to be nap time."

The Break-in

(user requested his name be removed) says, "I just talked to my friend who lived right be there for about a year and said one night they jimmied their way in out of curiosity and in the main room was mostly just a chair facing a TV displaying a live video of the other room in the building." He also adds, "The laundromat across the street constantly has cops there for drug busts."

In the PM to me he said, "I stand by that comment but would rather not be attached to it if that makes sense."

Stop Gossip

/u/StopGossip (new account, now deleted) claims to know the owners and defends the place vigorously. Most if not all of the posts with username deleted in the screenshot are from this person. StopGossip digs through OPs posting history and leaves with "I have been in your house and we played with your action figures. Remember when I put them down your arsehole?"

/u/StopGossip is also the user who requested removal on the original thread.

The Phone Calls (note please don't call these people)

Multiple redditors call the phone number and get little response. When they do get a live person the phone is answered with "hello" rather than a business name.

OP /u/discogodfather6922 (local flair) gets a phone call through and the person says that you can only get your kids there through workforce services.

The Wumbler

/u/thewumbler (new account) claims to have video of children inside place. Later says he had trouble getting them off his phone. Finally returns and says, "According to the police, it is now closed."

The Spread

https://www.np.reddit.com/r/conspir...ople_are_looking_into_a_weird_building_in_my/https://www.np.reddit.com/r/bestof/comments/2tsrls/salt_lake_redditor_posts_a_picture_of_a_creepy/

The Cleanup

The original thread is deleted from /r/SaltLakeCity. mod /u/bbluez deleted thread because a throwaway account said that the owners were being harassed.

/r/conspiracy thread deleted after a throwaway complained that the owners were being harassed. Thread reinstated after a few hours.

/r/bestof thread deleted.

/u/whattfk (new account, now deleted) posts a variety of messages in the original thread disparaging anyone discussing the place.

This thread is currently deleted. We're back! Mod /u/Ambiguously_Ironicconfirms, "It did, but not by us. My thinking is that an admin removed it."

Update: looks like this thread might have been caught in the spam filter "Re-instated pending confirmation that the removal was something other than the spam filter."

The Additional Warnings

/u/FredricKeiran (new account) messaged me telling me to stop

OP /u/discogodfather6922 has received multiple messages telling him to stop. Including a possible death threat.

The Visit

This screen grab of a post was PMed to me, he said it popped up in the other thread here in conspiracy but was quickly removed.https://i.imgur.com/3MC8bMF.jpg

/u/bl00k stopped by and got pics of a little old lady cleaning up.

Info From the Masses

This section contains info I have received in PMs, I figure if the person wanted their name attached they would have posted it in the comments below. This info will not be attached to a username, take that for what it's worth.

Business Listing

The name from whois before it was scrubbed is attached to a variety of local interests. These may or may not be the same person: concealed carry permit instructor, HAM radio operator, real estate agent, webmaster for a site to reelect a local politician. I have links for all these but I feel posting his name brings us too close to a witchhunt.

This same name is attached to "a 36 year old was arrested by ICE in Utah County (the person in question with this child care place appears to reside in Provo ) and was convicted on a charge of distribution of meth. 60 months in custody, then back to ICE for deportation. The criminal charges I found on PACER, but the arrest is easily googled."

http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/2tvah1/slc_creepy_daycare_saga/

Real interesting stuff! Hopefully we get some answers and it doesn't just fizzle out

I like seeing how these things evolve on Reddit.

Only problem is when it turns out to be completely innocent and people being harassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A look at their website reveals that, they too, work in the cheap plastic crap industry. Makes sense they would help facilitate the shipment of a literal *ton of cheap plastic crap. And soccerballs.
Well, what kind of cheap plastic crap does Fun Time, Inc sell? We don't know. For some reason, their cheap plastic crap catalogue is password protected. That must be some awesome cheap plastic crap!

http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/2u343a/the_slc_day_care_shipping_container_and/

Hiding things in/with cheap plastic crap is a time tested method of stealth for many darknet market vendors and people who send illegal stuff by mail. Just saying.

People will always upvote potential but out-there scenarios but downvote just-as-potential but uninteresting ones. There is every chance it's legitimate but of course, child smuggling and sex slavery is far more interesting so let's peddle that. People camping out, people being a part of something, it's in us all but the weird, sub-4chan idea of 'justice' and home-made detective work just seems a bit lame.

It doesn't add up and there are some bizarre transactions and stories. But I walked past a daycare every day for two years and never saw any kids come and go and only grey Falcons pull up rarely...

The problem with reddit is people routinely make this sort of s**t up- anyone remember the guy with the messages and money appearing in his mailbox in chile?

I think it's plausible that it's a shifty import/export business of some kind. That doesn't necessarily mean they are into human trafficking or or a Walter White subsidiary or something, there are a lot of not entirely legal ways to make money through shipping things in and out of china.

Reddit just loves the idea of solving things and being at the forefront but they ultimately never ever do that all. It's one of the dumbest places on the Internet.

Reddit just loves the idea of solving things and being at the forefront but they ultimately never ever do that all. It's one of the dumbest places on the Internet.

I agree that it's become a very 'in' thing to do there, there's a lot of people on there who seem to think any mystery can be solved by sufficient google searches.

What reddit has going for it is that it's an enormous cross section of expertise and human experience- so in situations like this there is a fair chance there will be people reading who worked in child care facilities, people who understands import regs and whatever else, which in theory can turn up some interesting things when they are willing to talk.

I say in theory because those people are usually swamped by the trolls liars and 15 year old googlewhizkids.

To be fair the stuff they are googling is already on the public record. So to ban discussion is somewhat absured. But internet cenership is on the rise.

More so, eight million children 'go missing' a year so there is the facts are, there are child trafficking / sex rings.

http://facts.randomhistory.com/missing-persons-facts.html

Why would a child sex ring operate out of a child day care...Surely people would click onto that pretty quickly

As Gustavio Fring says, "like you I hide in plain sight".

The death threats do speak of a link or some form of organized crime - have any updates been posted in the past few days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back