BBL04 FINAL: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers

Arbuckle

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
It was packed all game.

My goodness people are STILL whinging over that?

The crowd was practically the same as it would have got in Perth.

I'm pointing out some FACTS. To have the crowd disappear for the crowning moment of an entire tournament is something I don't think I've ever seen before - and *is* clearly embarrassing.

As for your line in bold ... umm, yeah, ok then.

Now moving on to the champions league. Can we at least get it telecast this time?
I remember back in the state based competition that One broadcasted the games. Have they stopped that?

Haven't relaly paid attention considering my team hasn't been playing.

I'm pointing out some FACTS. To have the crowd disappear for the crowning moment of an entire tournament is something I don't think I've ever seen before - and *is* clearly embarrassing.

As for your line in bold ... umm, yeah, ok then.

If I was there I would have left, even if my team won

Contrary to reputation and "specialty", going by his record on paper, Brett Lee hasn't really been that great a T20 bowler:

First Class record - 28.22 average, 49.6 strike rate, 3.40 economy rate
List A record - 24.05 average, 30.7 strike rate, 4.69 economy rate
T20 record - 29.89 average, 24.8 strike rate, 7.22 economy rate

Economy rate is good, especially for a quick, but (tonight notwithstanding) as a wicket-taker in the format, he is severely overrated.
I would suggest that economy is as important as wickets in T20.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
I remember back in the state based competition that One broadcasted the games. Have they stopped that?

Haven't relaly paid attention considering my team hasn't been playing.

The only (legal) way to watch it last time was to pay for an overseas subscription to Star Sports. Presumably they wanted too much for the rights.

wolmeister

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Watch as we post him next season on a multi year deal and then struggles.... sound familiar?

I wasn't keen on him from the start but he has shown a bit this season. When he's going he can really go....great to watch.

The only (legal) way to watch it last time was to pay for an overseas subscription to Star Sports. Presumably they wanted too much for the rights.
Well that's s**t. You'd think that it being a somewhat major competition, you would get some TV coverage of it.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Well he's only 32, but I'm not sure Perth needs him in the future anyway.

32? Always thought he was late 30s

He's one of many Pakistanis with a good record, who is mysteriously and unspokenly barred from the national team.

And given that he's Pakistani, we probably don't know his real age, either.

Pitch played well? Sydney could barely hit it before the drizzle got the ball to skid on. Boundaries were rare, ball didn't do heaps.

A high scoring game does not equal a good game. A 150 pitch give and take is the best match in a T20. Pitch played the same for both sides.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
I would suggest that economy is as important as wickets in T20.

Yes, but he has a rep/aura as much more of a wicket-taker than his record suggests. Was genuinely surprised when I looked up his stats. Thought he'd have a T20 strike rate of like 16-17. He doesn't even average one wicket per game.

Back